so... im in hospital!

Zero00000

Visit site
oo ouch! That really made my blood run cold, Hope surgery goes well OP, and you are not laid up too long.

Speedy healing vibes heading your way.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
CT scan showed multiple fractures and ligament is not misplaced. Still concerned about nerve damage but basically i will be patched up and need 6 weeks rest... I was planning on competing next weekend! Plus side is the doctors are rather good looking :D . Thanks again everyone, really making me feel so much better.

spookypony

Visit site
Hoping for a quick and complete recovery! On the plus side, at least you can eat after sugery. Hopefully, you have people lined up to bring you something edible?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
CT scan showed multiple fractures and ligament is not misplaced. Still concerned about nerve damage but basically i will be patched up and need 6 weeks rest... I was planning on competing next weekend! Plus side is the doctors are rather good looking :D . Thanks again everyone, really making me feel so much better.

Princess16

Visit site
Ouch indeedy sounds awful! Hope you on the mend soon. Was your horse OK no damage to him?

Mmmm dishy docs now that's a plus! Give you some entertainment at least lol!

DW Team

Visit site
Oh my word. Hope you are soon on the mend sound nasty. Lucky you having dishy Dr’s mine were all very ageing when in fracture clinic last week and as for the old bag in cardiology she was nearing OAP status.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Oh my word. Hope you are soon on the mend sound nasty. Lucky you having dishy Dr’s mine were all very ageing when in fracture clinic last week and as for the old bag in cardiology she was nearing OAP status.
EXCUSE ME.......... oap s can be quite dishy too :). I think I wuold rather have some one who has some idea than the idiot junior Dr in A&E who told me to take 2 paracetamol and go home. I then had to crawl along the wall 'till a passing nurse found me, and got me a wheelchair [three years later I got a diagnosis]

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I had a junior doctor sticking needles in my very sore and bruised tissue to local it for stitching, but apparently he did a poor job and should have known it could be stitched as it was too swollen! was agony, but at least it made the other jabs feel relatively comfortable. Moved the surgery to tomorrow even though I was on the emergency list, but hoping that means its not too urgent ! Sooner I'm healed the better. At least I can stuff my face for a bit :) was so faint earlier, didn't realise how hard it was to not eat !
Anyway, for you lot that love gorey photos.. here is my split wound from it being squashed inside the boot
1526097_740688492715412_2668680768247101316_n.jpg

swollen foot, have breaks all the way along , and damaged tissue.
11081441_740688526048742_5821028296221296868_n.jpg

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
EXCUSE ME.......... oap s can be quite dishy too :). I think I wuold rather have some one who has some idea than the idiot junior Dr in A&E who told me to take 2 paracetamol and go home. I then had to crawl along the wall 'till a passing nurse found me, and got me a wheelchair [three years later I got a diagnosis]

that's awful! what was your diagnosis if you don't mind me asking? they wanted me to walk down a filthy a + e corridor with an open wound.... bearing I mind I couldn't actually walk anyway !

EventingMum

Visit site
Poor you! I hope the surgery goes well. I hope you have lots to keep you occupied (apart from ogling the docs) days in hospital can seem very long and boring if you're the type of person used to being busy which most horsey people are.

twiggy2

Visit site
Ooops hope you are getting enough pain relief.
Your photos take me back, many years ago the horse I was having a lesson on fell over going round a corner!! as I did not fall off my foot was crushed and broken in 8 places, I was lucky as no soft tissue damage or broken skin, I fell down the stairs at home that night as I needed a wee and the toilet was down stairs and then fell off the back of a bench 2 days later saying hello to a dog that came over-my dad was terrified as I lay on the floor laughing with some dopey mutt jumping round licking my face thinking a person on the floor was the best game ever.
What will you do for whiling away the hours and how can we help?

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Ouch that looks so sore...can't really make out which part of your foot the top photo is until you see the second pic! Hopefully the swelling will go down soon and it will feel a lot better.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
ooh twiggy that sounds scary ! its always horrific when a horse falls over. I have a window next to my bed, and I can see hedges out the window and I keep imagining jumping them! that my entertainment, at least I have poldark to watch tomorrow :) Bonkers that does sound painful ! torn anything Is horrific, I tore a muscle in my chest once and I had to lay down for a week. Yes its sort of on the ball of my foot, I wondered how it had happened through a boot but apparently it is like squashing a tomato and it splitting. It had been cleaned up in that photo ! They said 6 weeks ish, but I will do everything I can to shorten it. I only ever sit down to drive , always on my feet. I am just so relieved Finn is ok, I would be inconsolable if anything had happened to him. He's due his jabs and teeth anyway so vet will have a good look over him just in case. They apparently forgot my pain relief for 13 hours :/ so it was hurting a lot but I got morphine so it worked out ok !

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Have you got that little button you can press for morphine? Made me feel a bit funny so I didn't use it.

I know you know, but don't try to do too much: this is a delicate area and you must let it heal. Pressure on it will spread the tissue, so do as your doctor tells you and keep that foot up!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Thanks for the pic. You certainly did a good job of injuring yourself. Hope all goes well with the surgery later.

(Can you get a "selfie" with dishy doc? Just something to pass the day of time with! ;))

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
woke up at 2am to see dishy doc at the end of the bed , unfortunately it wasn't all good as he then told me the fractures would take a few months to heal , minimum 2 months to start putting weight on it :( gutted ! In my fetching theatre gown now, not been under GA before so that will be interesting. I have a sleep talking woman next to me, who kept mumbling "at the door, no not there, oh shellfish" or that's what it sounded like.

Cowpony

Visit site
Just a thought....if you can be somehow winched into the saddle, technically that wouldn't be weight bearing? ;)

Wishing you a speedy recovery x

Unfortunately the medical profession have thought of this and classify riding as a contact sport because you might fall off. So riding is in with rugby etc for recuperation guidelines :-(