SO SHY IS GOING TO A RETIREMENT HOME ?

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I'm absolutely devastated. In two weeks Shy will be going to a new home, to live out full time, due to his COPD ?. We are moving back from France to the UK soon, and the journey would be too much for him. Plus he needs to be out 24/7. So that is it. Lovely lady, hectares of land, 11 ponies, 3 with COPD, and a passion for gypsy cobs. Two weeks. I'm heartbroken, and so will poor Pepsi, my 33 year old shetland be. I have sorted a great home with other golden oldies for himin the UK. Losing my son ? I'm giving her a chunk of money we don't have for vets Bill's, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20161005_194001.jpg
    IMG_20161005_194001.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Birker2020

Visit site
I'm so sorry, you don't have to physically lose them for the pain to still hurt. I spend every minute of every day worrying if I'm doing the right thing for mine going to the bloodbank next year and his loss will really hit me.

But it would be selfish for me to keep him when he could have a lovely life there and it sounds like the same is true with Shy and it sounds like he will have a fabby life out with others.

Try to see it as a fresh start for your lovely boy, I'm sure we miss them more than they do us. Hugs x

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I'm so sorry, you don't have to physically lose them for the pain to still hurt. I spend every minute of every day worrying if I'm doing the right thing for mine going to the bloodbank next year and his loss will really hit me.

But it would be selfish for me to keep him when he could have a lovely life there and it sounds like the same is true with Shy and it sounds like he will have a fabby life out with others.

Try to see it as a fresh start for your lovely boy, I'm sure we miss them more than they do us. Hugs x
Thankyou x They are your reasons for doing so much, but now I still have Pepsi x

SEL

Visit site
What to do with all his gear ? Indoor rugs, barefoot saddle, steel tack locker, bridle, my riding hats, feed bins... oh my !
can you bring it all with you? Rent a storage place to give yourself time to go through everything?

You've found him an amazing home but the sense of loss will be huge xx

Frano

Visit site
Will you be able to visit and get regular photo updates. Do you pay a monthly fee and pay any vets bills that come along.

Dexter

Visit site
If you are paying why is he then her pony?

It is really, really not safe to give away any horse, but especially not one that can appear totally fine and healthy at times but is in reality quite unwell. Whatever you do, do not give her ownership of the pony, because your next post is then going to be one of those "looking for Shy, sold on from permanent companion home"

Bearsmum

Visit site
Not sleeping and crying a lot. Thank God I'll have Pepsi !

Hey hun, and breathe, you've done your bit, now look after you, believe me France is but hop away, my brother lives there ,before you know it, it will be spring and you'll be able tp visit for a cuddle
One of your earlier posts asked about what to do with Shys gear - not sure if you can afford it but to help me through the loss of Yogi I will be donating all his rugs & left over stuff to the ILPH & Redwings, both local charities here in Norfolk

Take care - JDx

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
If you are paying why is he then her pony?

It is really, really not safe to give away any horse, but especially not one that can appear totally fine and healthy at times but is in reality quite unwell. Whatever you do, do not give her ownership of the pony, because your next post is then going to be one of those "looking for Shy, sold on from permanent companion home"
To be Frank, taking this chance is better than him being shot.