Soggy weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
well, we are home and drying out (until the next deluge anyway!)
Super duper chuffed with Kira today, she absolutely bossed the warm up and then did a pretty smart effort of the PSG in a strange indoor arena, something she would really have struggled with in the past. We had a couple of little mistakes, a misunderstanding half way through the 4 tempis and then it went a bit wonky at the end of the extended canter but the rest felt really solid and established. So a couple of 4s (comes with the territory!) but we also managed to get 7s in all the double coefficient movements - there are quite a few at this level so they add up if you can get them. Finished on a PB of 66.7% to win overall.

Feels like a few things are falling into place after a long time on a training plateau. Proof again, that you just have to keep on going sometimes ;) Her suppleness has stepped up a notch now we've found the better quality trot, the half passes feel as easy as they did on Millie which is a really nice place to get to (she really was a good sideways horse :p) and she's happy, and I'm riding it all better. I just had the best ride today :) When we can do all that and not have a silly mistake then the high 60s are there for the taking, whodathunkit.

nailed the photo this time too ;)

62574986_2544985235512971_303195670003580928_n.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Hey well done MP! Fantastic.

ODE has been cancelled. Wasn’t too surprised and wasn’t looking forward to parking on the very steep hill in soggy weather! I’m thinking of paddling off to sj course hire instead.

Abi90

Visit site
Weather looking okay for the weekend. Got a jumping lesson tomorrow and then combined training on Saturday

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
MP, thats so cool well done!

It's been raining here too, but I guess it is winter!

We have 2 jumping lessons this weekend and I am also starting to plan out fitness work for the fat orange pony who will soon begin commencing real work again because we have an event on the radar. He's been enjoying the life of luxury this year but he needs a job because he is getting too fat. His dad doesn't work him hard enough.

Have fun all, stay dry!

zaminda

Visit site
Well done MP! You must be thrilled!!
I am off to endurance both days this weekend. Winnie in her first ever race ride, and will be able to do the mass start on her although there are dissapointingly few entries!!
Maisy is in her first ride of the season so just 42k on the Sunday. She likes this venue and is usually pretty chilled there although she has been bat s*** crazy all week so I'm praying we don't die and she trots up sound at the end.
Mindy was declared sound on Wednesday so walk work can officially recomense!

j1ffy

Visit site
Great result MP, that's a good improvement in scores at last!!

I spoke with Indio's vet and he can't see any further degeneration of his arthritic joints on x-ray, so he's back out next week to check if there is something else going on. In the meantime we're still hacking and he feels very cheerful so I'm trying not to overthink it!

I'm moving my 2yo over to the same yard as Indio for the summer (?!) tomorrow, so I can do some work on his leading, grooming, loading etc and maybe take him to a show. He's growing like a weed so it will be good to make sure his manners are well-instilled now! Can't wait to have him at the same yard as his uncle :D

Reacher

Visit site
Fantastic MP!
Had XC schooling today and saddle fit check. Just little jumps, working on rhythm and control. Nothing on Saturday, then am writing for RI dressage judging at BE on sunday.good luck everybody

ihatework

Visit site
Well AquaEventing turned out to be EventingOnPerfectGround!

A very sad day at the yard yesterday means that rider fully forgiven for forgetting our dressage bridle and going all wrong in the test, so 35 a little below par. A solid SJ but still had 2, just not quite strong enough towards the end, it will come. Absolutely bloody stormed the XC. Very pleased with the big fella.

Attachments

• CBD2EDA0-2965-4FCF-8FF0-BBECB7580A98.jpeg
    CBD2EDA0-2965-4FCF-8FF0-BBECB7580A98.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 42

Wheels

Visit site
Fab photo ihatework :)

We got soaked schooling tonight, sure that won't be the last time this weekend :)

oldie48

Visit site
I've just got back from a week's hols on Exmoor, thankfully we have had better weather than most so have been able to get out walking the dogs without getting drowned. I am fitter than when I went (too many bloody hills) and also fatter (too may bloody meals). If anyone doesn't know Exmoor, it is beautiful, unspoiled and just off the M5. Rose has been with my trainer who has sent some great video of her very much improved canter, all I now need to do is be able to produce it myself. I'm collecting her on Sunday when hopefully I will start to get her going like a proper pro (in my dreams!). I think this was a good time to be somewhere else as the weather here has been vile and the town has got the flood gates closed.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well despite the forecast, today wasn't much better than yesterday here... intermittent pissing rain and gusts of wind... I was attempting to do some archery in the field, unmounted, broke a couple of arrows due to an equipment malfunction (my straw bales blew over in the wind!), and broke a third by shooting the nock off it. I gave up any idea of doing mounted archery after because frankly I'm running out of working arrows...

Then I hacked Skye, who was a bit of a twit (not helped by loose dogs kangaroo-ing through the full grown rape field and scaring the life out of her). I got into an argument with her, we ended up reversing around the field - managed to get something sensible and gave up for the day. Opted to tidy up her feathers rather than ride the highlands - I'm having one of *those* days. Or one of those spells anyway - in the last fortnight I've sprained my ankle badly enough it still hurts to rise, fallen off Fergus and argued with my poor little mare - not to mention the arrow death toll which is rising by the day :eek:

Good luck to folk out competing this weekend - I hope the weather turns a bit more "june" like for you!

Bernster

Visit site
Well that’s your 3 of bad luck done JFTD so things should be looking up now. Sounds like you need to branch off into arrow making?

As forecast, a wet week is now a lovely weekend but my ode is off so I’m having a day at the yard. I love these kind of days though, no clock on me so I can spend hours catching up with liveries and pottering about with Finnegan. As it tends to involve tidying him up, he’s probably less keen! Will hack out and put a few poles up for practice.

Fiona

Visit site
I wouldn't mind if the forecasts were even accurate...

Last night I checked and it said some rain overnight but dry by 6am, so set the alarm to get up early and go SJ on a surface.

Got up this morning to find it was absolutely pouring and not due to stop until lunchtime... So I went back to bed 😖😖😖

Grrrrr

Fiona

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well that’s your 3 of bad luck done JFTD so things should be looking up now. Sounds like you need to branch off into arrow making?

I hope so! I had an unexpected pep talk this morning - I ordered some arrows online last night (because they'd be hard to make myself :p ) and they called me this morning to clarify part of the order. Apparently "oh I defer to your judgement, I'm hopeless, I've only just started and don't know what I'm doing!" isn't fair, as if I've only just started, I can't know I'm hopeless - to be hopeless I'd have to have tried and failed catastrophically. Which is, literally, a very good point, and I stand corrected - but I wasn't expecting a side order of positive life affirmations with my arrows :D

Wheels

Visit site
I wouldn't mind if the forecasts were even accurate...

Last night I checked and it said some rain overnight but dry by 6am, so set the alarm to get up early and go SJ on a surface.

Got up this morning to find it was absolutely pouring and not due to stop until lunchtime... So I went back to bed 😖😖😖

Grrrrr

Fiona

Ha! Don't blame you :D

I'm waiting for an hour without rain so I can go for a hack but will probs end up schooling instead. Its blinking cold too!

Fiona

Visit site
Ha! Don't blame you :D

I'm waiting for an hour without rain so I can go for a hack but will probs end up schooling instead. Its blinking cold too!

We will probably end up hacking this afternoon too 😭😭

My friend is at Saintfield Show, had to get towed in, but it's dry there now seemingly...

Fiona

JFTDWS

Visit site
The forecast seems to be changing by the minute at the moment - it's so annoying, I totally sympathise Fiona! Hope your friend doesn't have issues getting out again after everything's been towed in and out :eek:

Fiona

Visit site
The forecast seems to be changing by the minute at the moment - it's so annoying, I totally sympathise Fiona! Hope your friend doesn't have issues getting out again after everything's been towed in and out :eek:

I know, dear love her..... She's tremendously dedicated to showing, Far more than me... I'm a wuss 😖😖

We have PC Tetrathlon tomorrow, but at this rate, the riding bit might be cancelled 😭😭😭

Hope your arrows come quickly JFTD, and we get a bit of decent weather so you can practice...

Fiona

JFTDWS

Visit site
I know, dear love her..... She's tremendously dedicated to showing, Far more than me... I'm a wuss 😖😖

We have PC Tetrathlon tomorrow, but at this rate, the riding bit might be cancelled 😭😭😭

Hope your arrows come quickly JFTD, and we get a bit of decent weather so you can practice...

Fiona

That is serious dedication - I find it hard enough to motivate myself to go showing in lovely summer weather with no mud at all! The thought of show turnout in a lorry park you need to be towed into is... horrifying!

I hope you're weekend isn't a total wipeout and the tetrathlon riding can go ahead. This weather is silly and depressing :(

Thanks - I still have 3 working arrows (out of 8, I've literally had them 2 weeks :eek: ) so if it stays dry I'll shoot from a pony this afternoon. My biggest issue is being stable standing my stirrups with the dodgy ankle - which needs to be fixed by next weekend as I've got archery training then :D But tbh I'll be happy today if I manage to hack the mare without having an argument!

scats

Visit site
Lovely day yesterday at the wedding. Everything went smoothly and the weather perked up so much that they were able to have the ceremony outside, which was lovely.
Enjoying being back in my normal clothes today though! First bridesmaid duty of this year out of the way, the next one in a months time!

live2ride

Visit site
We went to a polework clinic, and he was an absolute star. Flagged a bit with his stamina, but was golden and tried his hardest, really listening and letting me ride him over the poles. Really chuffed and its boosted our confidence after a disastrous last polework clinic.

Here we are thinking a canter pole is surely a jump, despite us firmly being dressage divas. May have to rethink that.

63157376_10158585776038206_8421731801399033856_o.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
Fab photo ihatework :)

We got soaked schooling tonight, sure that won't be the last time this weekend :)

Rinse & repeat! Another schooling session another soaking lol

But we had a great session in any case. I am starting to see some brilliance in the canter, he's really starting to lift through the wither in the transitions now and stays uphill afterwards for quite a few strides. We also managed our first good quality simple change through walk. The boy is coming on well. Really hoping to get a hack tomorrow!

j1ffy

Visit site
Moving my 2yo to the same yard as my other two went very smoothly, despite the rain! He’s been feral for a year but happily stood snoozing in a stable waiting for us to arrive. He decided Indio was his new BFF so leapt up the lorry ramp after him.

I turned him out with the herd and all went smoothly until I turned Pocholo out...apparently Indio isn’t allowed any other friends so Chilli was put in his place!

I brought Chilli in today to work on his leading and tying up, and to give him a good groom. He has the loveliest temperament!

Pippity

Visit site
Had a lovely hack out this morning, and did a bit more canter work. Unfortunately, now she's sorted her legs out, Blue's decided she LOVES cantering, and wants to do it all the time. I really need to figure out how to make her brakes work!

zaminda

Visit site
A mixed weekend for us. I took Winnie to Three Rivers for her first race ride. The horse I could happily do a mass start on only had one other horse to go round with! She behaved really well and stayed with the other horse who left the last vet gate before us. They cracked on and although they were in sight we never quite caught them!! I was really pleased with her as she was good and happy to canter for the majority of the last loop. The horse that won has also successfully completed 120k this year and done rather more than she has!
Sadly Sunday wasn't so good as Maisy trotted up lame before leaving the venue! She has been intermittently lame all year but has been fab for ages. The vet is scratching her head and she may end up being given a year out. I'm toying with putting her in foal as at 19 this is pretty much the last opportunity and she has been a very good horse.