Someone has been in my fields and has ridden my 3 yo

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Please electrify the gate and put a notice up. Parents if it is kids will keep kids off gate and any other Muppet will get what they deserve

Definitely electrify that gate! I'd be electrifying everything possible to hope they get a nice shock.

Any sign of them since Sunday @LadyGascoyne?

We sell these 'Alarm Mines' at work. They are loud, if your horses are close its a no no but they can be put anywhere on things that 'open' - if you leave your gate unlocked and they open it, BANG. Like a shotgun going off.. That will give them a flipping shock!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bisley-Sec...1_1?keywords=alarm+mine&qid=1579092447&sr=8-1

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Hi everyone

Thanks to all who advised on my previous thread about strangers playing with my horses and sitting on the pony and my lightly backed 3yo.

Just in case this is helpful to anyone, as it worked for me.

I added locks to everything lockable, and removed access to any headcollars. I put a bicycle lock on the main gate, and electrified the gateway to the part of the field that I have fenced off for them to use this winter.

I also posted this on the village FB post;

❗️Help needed locating whoever has been “visiting” the three horses stabled near the hall❗

I am concerned that someone is letting themselves into the field, and handling the horses without permission. It appears that someone has, at the very least, been sitting on the pony and the smallest horse. I am very worried that it is children (or someone with children putting them onto the ponies), as the big horse doesn’t appear to have been ridden.

The palomino (pictured) is only a baby, and has not been fully broken in. Her lovely nature means that she has clearly allowed strangers to handle and sit on her but she is very, very green and I cannot express how risky it is that she would feel overwhelmed and panic. Someone - or someone’s child - could have been very badly hurt, and also could have caused serious damage to our much-loved young horse.

If you know anything, please be in touch. If you think it might be your children or a child you know, please talk to them and let them know that it isn’t safe. If they are desperate to visit, I would prefer that you contact me directly (pm me via Facebook) and we can talk about visiting when I can supervise. I was a horse-mad child myself so I do understand wanting to be around horses. I just cannot take the risk to either the horses or whoever it is that is entering the property and I really don’t want to be forced down the route of CCTV etc.

❗️Please let me know if you know anything.❗

I went in very gently, hoping to get someone to come forward. Today I got my answer.

A man who lives in the village actually used to ride the older retired horse a few years ago. He has been letting his little girls play with the ponies.

He admits to letting himself in. He knew the owner of the old horse so presumed all the horses were ok to play with, and because he has a good relationship with her so didn’t think to ask (she lives overseas now).

He texted her, obviously seeing my post, and fessed up- although not to putting children on their backs.

I only have clean patches on their backs and tracks outside their field that looks like someone walked them in circles to go on, no actual proof.

I think that he’s very embarrassed and will probably steer clear but I will get cameras installed anyway as I don’t want it to continue.

Thanks so much for the help and advice.

Hi Forbiddenhorse

I posted a separate update - culprits have been caught! And yes, they did return but I doubt they will do so again after the above.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...ield-and-riding-my-3-yo.784521/#post-14176108

I’m still buying the cameras though!