Spurs or no spurs?

Mickyjoe

Visit site
Sorry to deflate your grotesquely inflated outrage and sense of importance, but did anyone call you a "drug addict" or a "fraud", or a blah blah on the basis of an opinion expressed and a question of possible nationality?

Your post got smothered in the same dross spewed left right and centre on this thread as anyone else's with possible genuine intent. Hardly my responsibility take it up with the spewers. You have proved with this post you are no better than they are.

Obviously your "buttons" approach to dressage is not working or you wouldn't be so shrill for a reply. Im sure the world wide web might assist you in that, might I suggest "dressage by numbers".

Im not obligated to help you out and nor do I feel in any way obliged to either at this point.

Im quite obviously mistaken about the level of the forum. Kindergarten drivel doesn't interest me enough.

Hilarious!!!! :D Koen you almost had me falling for it earlier, but you've overcooked the response this time.

Still, it made for an entertaining thread. So... come on.. who are you really? A bored regular poster hiding under an alter??

LaMooch

Visit site
Kindergarten drivel??????? People have been asking you questions and you refused to respond. Also when you are corrected or pointed what you put is incorrect you go off on a long post that makes no sense to the thread title.

Auslander

Visit site
Sorry to deflate your grotesquely inflated outrage and sense of importance, but did anyone call you a "drug addict" or a "fraud", or a blah blah on the basis of an opinion expressed and a question of possible nationality?

Your post got smothered in the same dross spewed left right and centre on this thread as anyone else's with possible genuine intent. Hardly my responsibility take it up with the spewers. You have proved with this post you are no better than they are.

Obviously your "buttons" approach to dressage is not working or you wouldn't be so shrill for a reply. Im sure the world wide web might assist you in that, might I suggest "dressage by numbers".

Im not obligated to help you out and nor do I feel in any way obliged to either at this point.

Im quite obviously mistaken about the level of the forum. Kindergarten drivel doesn't interest me enough.

Snorts! i guess i'll carry on floundering around! I thought my question was quite reasonable, and I was genuinely interested in getting a thoughtful response. i wasn't after advice, just your thoughts on why some horses respond better to a more precise, pinpointed aid. I actually knew the answer, so I'm not going to beat myself up because you chose to come back at me like a belligerent fool.

Out of your depth now - aren't you? Prat.

And your little dig about british breeding - totally with you. No decent dressage horses bred in this country...ever...

1743703_10152195626170730_127177674_n.jpg

Last edited:

PolarSkye

Visit site
Its called having a partnership with your horse.

No, without me riding him in my favoured equipment, he dumps professional riders by stopping and firing them into the jump. Which is possibly because he only started affiliated jumping at age 13 and needs someone to adapt to him and his various quirks, not the other way round.

Do feel free to pm me if you want a shot round a 1m20 course on him. I'm pretty confident he is so set in his way of going that no-one, even the most idiotic talking horse novice of a rider, could harm him.

His nickname on the yard is The Equaliser.

Sounds like Kali ;).

And, yes, he has been ridden in spurs for the past two years and now that he is respectful of the leg (i.e., a calf twitch), we no longer use them.

I find it very hard to take anyone seriously (Koen) who uses blanket statements/opinions to cover all approaches to horsemanship. Horses are individuals - as are people.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site

Are you at all interested in having a rational discussion, or are you just here to spew your personal agenda and antagonize people?

P

babymare

Visit site
right guys now i have wiped wine i snorted down nose laughing at you(not pretty sight) may i ask what "Recalciitrant"means used in earlier post? Being a lowly english person Im not knowing :(

Koen

Visit site
Wil hij niet in Nederlands geschrijven? Even kleinbeetje...

Mithras why is it that you think I need to prove myself to you?

If you want my personal opinion Dutch is one of the most revolting languages known to mankind. I can say that being a Kaaskop. I get throat infections just speaking it for longer than ten minutes, its the rollkuur of languages torture of the vocal chords.

Kut met peeren wat 'n lul.

Happy schatje? Not turbo enough for you? Go and play in the traffic.

Mithras

Visit site
Mithras why is it that you think I need to prove myself to you?

If you want my personal opinion Dutch is one of the most revolting languages known to mankind. I can say that being a Kaaskop. I get throat infections just speaking it for longer than ten minutes, its the rollkuur of languages torture of the vocal chords.

Kut met peeren wat 'n lul.

Happy schatje? Not turbo enough for you? Go and play in the traffic.

I'll say this in English. You aint Dutch. You aint much, but you aint Dutch. Gaat speelen met jouw duifje.

Auslander

Visit site

It's such a shame you have allowed yourself to be overcome with temper, and resorted to insults. It could have been interesting to hear your opines, but now you're just being offensive, and making no attempt to explain why you say what you're saying.

Not me in the pic btw - but whatever your opinion is, if i'd done what this lady did, and produced a draft x horse to Intermediaire level, I'd be bloody proud of myself. And I wouldn't give a toss about the opinion of someone who doesn't appear to be able to to demonstrate that he can practice what he preaches

As for the drop noseband, actually, it wouldn't be my choice. I ride him in a double quite regularly though - shoot me.

Koen

Visit site
I'll say this in English. You aint Dutch. You aint much, but you aint Dutch. Gaat speelen met jouw duifje.

Mithras and why do you think Im interested. You dont have a clue what I am or what Im not besides my opinions expressed on the subject. Im also not interested in what you are or what you're not. Make sense?

Looking up short sentences on the internet doesn't make you Dutch or even better a Belg LOL. Though please believe me when I say and I repeat I don't care very much at all what you are.

English will do just fine, its an English language forum.

Krijg de klere baby.

Koen

Visit site
Not me in the pic btw - but whatever your opinion is, if i'd done what this lady did, and produced a draft x horse to Intermediaire level......

Its difficult to believe this horse is Intermediate (iaire - "less of the jargon please" this is an English forum :) The extension might improve when he gets to learn to passage, though. But it's looking very flat and on the forehand imo. That nose band is not helping to do anything but clamp his mouth shut.

Why the picture anyway?

I was a fan of Giddy, Carol Parsons horse, a Shire cross. What's your point?

The breed is not so important, if the horse is willing. If you can help it it helps to start with something easier, even the "throw away" TB plenty of those around.

You can often tell if they are going to go all the way, they have that something extra.