Staying home as much as possible over Easter?

Winters100

Visit site
Just wondering, who can say that they will be doing the right thing and staying home as much as possible over Easter? Visiting horses only if absolutely necessary, and if so doing only essential jobs as quickly as possible? It seems to me that the message of 'stay home as much as possible' has somehow got mixed with 'but it doesn't say I can't' in the horse world, so I am wondering if the majority here are doing the right thing?

stormox

Visit site
I think most people are doing their best. Im certainly obeying the rules, riding only on my own land and not going more than 2km from my home. Here in Ireland we have just been told our restrictions will stay in place until 5th May.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i dont have horse now but am really fed up as the first foal of the year has been born at my old yard where i had been helping , however i will not be visiting and also will not be driving to my local park to walk my dogs over the easter weekend. i have bad hips and walking from home involves hills so after last weeks announcement that we could drive locally to exercise i had been going there, yesterday i saw 2 people in the park so not exactly crowded during the week but thought it may be busier at the weekend.

SOS

Visit site
Last year I worked Friday and went evening showjumping, went to the p2p on Saturday (extremely busy due to it being a glorious weekend), then carried that on to a night out with my OH and friends, the Sunday was a lovely big Easter lunch with my OHs family then on the Monday we drove to Norfolk for another big family lunch at a pub and a walk on the beach. This is a fairly normal weekend of activities - I like to be busy!

This year my big plan is to clean all my shoes and I won’t be leaving the house bar for my exercise. Yes I’d say I’m following the rules.

Winters100

Visit site
Yes, what exactly does Easter have to do with it winters100?

Just the fact that it seems that the authorities are concerned that the combination of a long weekend and fine weather may result in more people spending time outside the home - but yes, I agree that staying home as much as we possibly can should be what we are doing all the time now.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yes but my horses are at home, so it's easy. I haven't been off our property since the lockdown started, I have been wfh, my food is delivered because I'm a regular customer with a number of organisations and I am getting my exercise on our own land (as are the dogs). My family are working with NHS though, so they pick up things like milk on the way to and from work, so yes I shall be at home over Easter, they won't though as they are both on call.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i think that it is the minority of idiots who are the most likely to think a trip to the beach would be nice over easter, it seems that the majority of people are going with the spirit of the instructions and are being sensible..i am in a small village and even the younger people are keeping the correct distance from others and i havent seen any infringement at all. i also go to sainsburys for the 8 to 9 am oldies and nhs slot and it is really easy to keep distances as the store is pretty quiet..

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I realise that I have been no further than 3 miles from home since lockdown was announced, and that was on my bike. OH does the weekly shop.

Horses kept at home, am not riding. In hand work instead.

Am rotating the vehicles so that a different one goes out once a week for the shopping, except that we daren’t use the motorhome, in case we get lynched.

Duckanasteroidiscoming

Visit site
I won't be going anywhere in the car as did my weeks supermarket shopping yesterday and got everything we need. With my partner I will be riding and walking the dogs in the forest which is 100 yards from my house where we rarely see anyone else. The rest of the time will be spent doing jobs round the farm - harrowing, moving electric fencing, and general spring cleaning. Strictly speaking, as some of our land is on the opposite side of the lane to our house, I will have to leave home and reenter home a fair few times over the weekend but it's a very quiet and rarely used lane so keeping 2 metres away from anyone who happens to be walking, riding or cycling along the lane at the same time as I'm crossing it is very easy.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
where is the sand in the sandwiches, and the wonky wind break. . . .
CddqUZiWEAERAYw