Staying home as much as possible over Easter?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I gave both my dogs a haircut as they were too hot. Let’s just say it’s a good job nobody will be seeing them for a while. It did amuse me though that hubby laughed hysterically at my efforts and then said I will have to cut his hair soon......... how does he think that’s going to turn out???

I've absolutely butchered my poor westie. Good job she can't see herself in the mirror

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Wish you hadn't posted that. I was feeling chuffed with myself because of all the jobs I've been doing around the house and garden, but had conveniently ignored boot and tack cleaning.
The boots and bridles are shouting at me now. Yay, exciting day awaits me tomorrow...
Just to make you feel better...... all my tack is spotless today ?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I thought about washing my windows but then it started raining so I went back to counting my Daffodils and Narcissus plants (31 if anyone's interested).

29 more than me! I did my windows the other day *smug*

The OH is on nights, so I’ve been very quiet, binge watching Supernatural, made lemon drizzle cakes today. We’re still allowed at the yard, just for an hour, so I’ve been up every day, plus walked the dog.

I’ve written a shopping list, it’s getting stupidly long as I use up stuff from the back of the cupboard/freezer. I’ll have to brave a supermarket tomorrow, haven’t been for weeks, but I’m out of basics like butter, milk, bread, cheese.

Spotherisk

Visit site
I was just musing to myself that I might enjoy Easter more if we celebrated by eating cheese instead of chocolate. Chocolate tends to make me feel bilious quite quickly but I could eat cheese all day long.

Just imagine giving your loved ones a big hunk of cheddar or a round of Stilton instead of an Easter egg. It would be marvellous! ?

Our tenant bought us each a chocolate Easter bunny... I bought her lots of tonic water! ?

SOS

Visit site
Wish you hadn't posted that. I was feeling chuffed with myself because of all the jobs I've been doing around the house and garden, but had conveniently ignored boot and tack cleaning.
The boots and bridles are shouting at me now. Yay, exciting day awaits me tomorrow...

Oops sorry! If it’s made you feel any better I’ve realised I have much too many boots: 3x long boots, 3x jod boots, 2x normal person long boots, 1x fairfax boots, 2x boat shoes, 2x chaps, 2x spur straps... and we’ve not started on the suede yet!

Note to self never get all of one thing out at once, it’s harder to convince yourself you NEED those boots in the future.

SOS

Visit site
I was just musing to myself that I might enjoy Easter more if we celebrated by eating cheese instead of chocolate. Chocolate tends to make me feel bilious quite quickly but I could eat cheese all day long.

Just imagine giving your loved ones a big hunk of cheddar or a round of Stilton instead of an Easter egg. It would be marvellous! ?

For my first birthday I celebrated with my OH, he brought me a full wheel of Stilton cheese... I knew he was a keeper then ;)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
3 days out in the sun all day... am sun addled and slightly burned. But technically we were home the whole time and have ripped out a very overgrown hedge and replaced with a decent stock fence..should contain the naughty oldies a bit better (my retiree has enjoyed leading expeditions through the undergrowth into the neighbouring fields and , erm,churchyard ?)
Might actually get to ride tomorrow, amin denial about other chores. Saving them for a rainy day ?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have no tack to clean, I'll just rub that in a bit :D

Though actually I might have to convince mum to give it a wipe over if I can't go back to somerset for a very long time :eek:.

RHM

Visit site

My OH got me a cheese Easter egg and it’s everything you would hope it would be! One good thing to come out of COVID is that I actually appear to like having him around!