Staying home as much as possible over Easter?

Upthecreek

Visit site
where is the sand in the sandwiches, and the wonky wind break. . . .
CddqUZiWEAERAYw

Not sure I ever took that many bags to the beach with 3 kids, but I must say the fitted sheet is a flippin’ good idea.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I did wonder about the minimum of 4 heavy bags to lug to the beach too. I remember fairly extensive walks to beaches while on holiday as a child.
I never really liked them generally, I was the annoying bored child unless there were also rockpools.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I did wonder about the minimum of 4 heavy bags to lug to the beach too. I remember fairly extensive walks to beaches while on holiday as a child.
I never really liked them generally, I was the annoying bored child unless there were also rockpools.
Our long walks to the beach always involved thumping the cool box into your shins plus all the other gubbins so I reckon our trips could easily have dealt with the fitted sheet idea.

Winters100

Visit site
I haven’t left the house since a visit to the supermarket last Friday. Horse on livery (diy but out 24/7 now and looked after by YO on site). Will have to venture shopping again by Tuesday but staying put topic then. Being Easter weekend makes no difference - why should it?

Quite right that it should not - but sadly it seems that there is concern that it will,

maya2008

Visit site
Kids and I have not been going anywhere except home/ponies (who are in a field not on a yard) since a week before the lockdown. OH has to go to work. He does the shopping once a week. I shouted across the road to a friend the other day - conversation interrupted by passing cars lol! Kids are being very good about it. Little cry today about maybe no beach at all this year. Video calling friends to play games and chat.

To be honest bank holidays pass me by - OH still has to work, it's just normal life round here!

gunnergundog

Visit site
Brings back memories! Used to live in Sussex and spent a lot of time on the beach......jumping groynes on my ponies! I shudder to think of all the barnacles on them now. Having said that, I never had an accident.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Just wondering, who can say that they will be doing the right thing and staying home as much as possible over Easter? Visiting horses only if absolutely necessary, and if so doing only essential jobs as quickly as possible? It seems to me that the message of 'stay home as much as possible' has somehow got mixed with 'but it doesn't say I can't' in the horse world, so I am wondering if the majority here are doing the right thing?

you don't even live in the UK and reside in Poland so why are you pretending you live in the UK ?

Leo Walker

Visit site
Isn’t Poland on lockdown too?

Its just an excuse for GW to have a go at her. Shes spending lock down being a bitch to everyone. She doesn't like the forum though, so hopefully once lockdown is over she will crawl back under her rock. She will now rant some semi literate drivel at me. Shes the gift that keeps on giving!

dogatemysalad

Visit site
It's been a beautifully quiet weekend here, I think my neighbours will have forgotten how to drive when this is over. One of the nice things that's come from the lockdown, has been that everyone comes out for a daily walk around the village and they smile and exchange a few words, which has been particularly good for the newcomers who've recently moved in the first new houses to be built here for decades.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Ha
Its just an excuse for GW to have a go at her. Shes spending lock down being a bitch to everyone. She doesn't like the forum though, so hopefully once lockdown is over she will crawl back under her rock. She will now rant some semi literate drivel at me. Shes the gift that keeps on giving!
So posting video's of you ignoring social distancing when your supposed to be so Ill is now drivel ? Thought it might be.

Last edited:

oldie48

Visit site
Well I was intending to go to Burnham on Sea to build sand castles but OH (amazingly) managed to get a Morrison's delivery for Sunday at 13.00, so I have spent all day making welcome signs to hang in the drive. It's a bit like waiting for Santa to arrive, I've sent my list of wishes but wont know if they have been answered until he arrives. I am really looking forward to some lettuce, never thought I'd ever say that!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I haven’t left home since 25th March which was the last day I rode C. I stopped riding because the world and his wife, kids and loose dogs had decided to use the local woods and also C had come in season and was being extra silly.
For today and yesterday OH and I have had a holiday in the garden. I made meals as near as I could to a holiday meal and we sunbathed and read. The only ordinary things we have done is OH has walked the dog and I have fed C.
It has been a lovely couple of days.

Duckanasteroidiscoming

Visit site
It's been a beautifully quiet weekend here, I think my neighbours will have forgotten how to drive when this is over. One of the nice things that's come from the lockdown, has been that everyone comes out for a daily walk around the village and they smile and exchange a few words, which has been particularly good for the newcomers who've recently moved in the first new houses to be built here for decades.
That's so true. We don't live in a village as such but a tiny valley with a scattering of houses and small farms. To get into the forest we go down our lane maybe 100 yards past a few neighbours who we have rarely seen let alone spoken to before. We were commenting yesterday that we've spoken to our fellow valley dwellers more in the past two and a bit weeks than in the three years we've lived here. All at a safe 2m+ distance of course.

blitznbobs

Visit site
In the last month I’ve left my property twice ... the first time was To go to Aldi ... the second Tesco’s (I’d managed to book a click and collect so didn’t even get out of my car) social distancing worries me as 2 metres is not far enough... coughs can carry for 6 and sneezes at leat 8 m ... 2 is a none scientific arbitrary number ... I have registered to be a returning doctor so haven’t had the call up yet ... but until I do I’ll be staying within my own 4 walls.

scruffyponies

Visit site
Pretty much a normal bank holiday for us. The last thing we would ever do is head off onto the roads to sit in traffic for hours when it's much nicer here.
We did go out for a bit of a trot. 3 ridden ponies and a carriage. I think we passed 2 or 3 cyclists, a couple of walkers, and a couple of lovely people in their garden who seemed delighted to have someone to wave to. It is blissfully quiet on the local roads.

Winters100

Visit site

Sadly I am not sure that she is going to disappear since it appears that she does not observe the lockdown at all, and now has her horses back at a yard which is a 50 mile round trip, presumably still on full livery, but sees nothing wrong with going to ride them. A very selfish individual who from her previous posts has major issues with jealousy, so not exactly someone whose opinion we should be concerned with.