Storm

alibali

Visit site
Ooo! Just drove over to sleep in the truck off for an early start in the morning and it was horrible.
I suddenly was very conscious of the tree incident two years ago . There were a lot of branches down so I'm glad I came over tonight
I got to the truck to read a message saying no one is to start before 6 in the morning. I was very relieved to see that.
I'm getting blown around a bit stood still as I've got no weight on.
Horrible horrible night, lock your doors and stay safe, when they tell us not to go out it's bad! (Crawford)

You're not too far from me, it's getting wild now but think it'll be worse by midnight 😬 Not much sleep being got tonight I suspect 😔 Stay safe.

HorseMaid

Visit site
Ours live out with shelter on hardstanding, it's absolutely wild here and I'm hoping and praying that everything is still intact in the morning, everything has held up through storms so far this winter however I feel like this is the worst it's been - hoping the fact that the worst of the wind is blowing from the west will save things as there are a couple of big hedges behind the shelter.

SaharaS

Visit site
Amber here from midnight..currently yellow warning then 12 hrs of amber..about to disconnect the gas on the wobble box and take the dogs in the house and batten the hatches down in there. Mups has a sore paw so decided to skip his walk, was hoping to get Bella out at 10pm but really don't fancy pushing her stroller in this. The caravan is SCARY and its wild out...I'm selling it in the next couple of months so a little. more on edge than usual..lots of things crashing & flapping outside..time for some Christmas HHOSS sloe gin I think!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Mine are out tonight as per usual. I piled lots of hay out there and the field wraps around buildings giving shelter.
I did want them in but Mr P worries about the stables being a little wooden block so he’s parked the lorry right in front and they stayed out.
It’s pretty rough sounding 😳

Maddie Moo

Visit site
We've lost glass out of ours already 😕

That’s not good ☹️ Mine is polycarbonat, in the last storm we lost a roof panel but luckily I retrieved it before of disappeared and the whole greenhouse turned over. I increased the number of ropes I tied it down with but I‘m not convinced it will help, it seems much worse weather than last time!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I've just come back from Limerick, four hour drive and I only saw 4 trucks on the road (motorway and A roads) and one 3.5t horsebox which was all over the place (and was missing half his rear lights and riding lights). I was thinking though that it wasn't toooo bad until I got across the border and it's like a tornado has ripped through here. Apparently the actual storm isn't hitting Irish landfall and this is just the edge of it :(

Jambarissa

Visit site
I'm supposed to be taking my truck for MOT tomorrow. I don't want to!

Wind wasn't too bad when I brought in. I dont know what I'll do tomorrow. None of the horses do well staying in, but our fields are heavily wooded on the banks and the rain destabilises the roots. Stables are solid enough although I had to pick up all the bits of my shed last time, I haven't got round to replacing it yet thankfully.

I am very, very glad we got rid of the trampoline this summer.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I'm in Ireland I know the forecast was bad for us but this is really scary, little lab is to frightened to go out for a wee, big one just flew off up the paddock barking and growling at the trees, stupid mutt 🙄☺️
If you're getting what we're getting then hang in there and I hope to see you on the other side o_O

Surbie

Visit site
It's really wild here (Surrey) at the moment. My bird feeders have been blown off the window - fortunately tied to the window handle so I didn't lose them, but I had to get them in quickly so my window didn't smash.

The horses came in sideways this evening and I could hear the oaks creaking. We lost big limbs off a couple in the last storm onto the fencing so I hope there aren't any more weak bits.

hopefully the greenhouse will stay put this time!
I'm quite grateful mine is still in bits in my garage!

luckyoldme

Visit site
Local Faceache roads page is filled with roads closed due to trees down. I need to leave for work at half 6 tomorrow 😬
I came over via Peebles and Biggar.
I really did feel quite scared, then I realised that if a tree was going to get me there was nothing I could do about it.
We've been told to set off at 6 in the morning so hopefully it will all be settled by then. I'm not going anywhere though if it's anything like this.
Trucks getting a bit rocky now!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Flight radar is an interesting watch! So many diversions and planes going in squiggly directions. Crazy flying in this. About to go out to do late night check on horses. Wish me luck....
A lot of Irish flights were diverted to Shannon which was interesting because I drove by there and 😲😲😲 I wouldn't have wanted to land there 😱

Caol Ila

Visit site
Sounds wild outside in Glasgow. Hoping my horses aren’t too traumatised. They are in their stables. Solid building but the wind is loud.

Just watched a plane on flight radar pull up from the Edinburgh runway at 5000ft.