Storm

PurBee

Visit site
See there was a tornado with the F storm in Leitrim in Ireland.

Huge amount of damage done too going by what's on twitter/X
Crikey thats rare! Ive just found reports on it - the centre of todays storm is passing by the northern counties.

Horses are in the sheltered yard with big dry bed to have a good duvet day - the bonkers tough mare wanted to go out, while the gelding cowered by shelter, so i’ve kept them in otherwise she’d force him out with her and he’d be verrrrry miserable - irish born horse who hates the rain, especially on his head! I often think if i could get a wide-brimmed horse waterproof hat he’d be fine with the rain then 😂

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Blimey it’s blowy in the midlands! Is everyone ok up north?? 💨🍃

Our livery yard is turning out despite very strong gusts… not impressed as their fencing is rubbish and mine went through it the last time we had a storm with less wind than this one 😩 needless to say am looking for alternatives but everywhere full… it’s one rule for all there and they are pretty clueless.

Stay safe everyone

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
90mph gusts here. Don't mind admitting I was scared to death checking ponies at 7am.

Very glad I brought them in, there is a lot of flying debris.

Lots of trees and fences down locally.

Hope everyone is OK.
Extremely noisy here, so far horses out of sight somewhere in the field, definitely not in the shelter, which is at the highest point of the field. The dogs really didn't want to brave the weather when I let them out first thing. 'Stuff' has been blown around the yard but no obvious damage, fortunately.

Love

Visit site
Blowing an absolute hooley in Worcestershire this morning! Ours on the side of a very exposed hill so kept Ken in today (I absolutely don't trust the electric fencing to survive this either). Wont do him any harm at all as his mud fever is drying up nicely so will help that along. Some people still turning out at our yard - fine if its in the best interests of the horse but for some its pure laziness so they don't have the extra work to do. That annoys me no end!!!

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Blimey it’s blowy in the midlands! Is everyone ok up north?? 💨🍃

Our livery yard is turning out despite very strong gusts… not impressed as their fencing is rubbish and mine went through it the last time we had a storm with less wind than this one 😩 needless to say am looking for alternatives but everywhere full… it’s one rule for all there and they are pretty clueless.

Stay safe everyone
Proper windy (West of Scotland). We've been told to expect power cuts. Hens are shut in a run, cows in the shed. Sheep & ponies don't seem to have noticed (bred for it - Cheviots & Highlands). Will probably be cut off until Boxing Day now as the village is only accessible by boat. Was expecting a couple of things in the post but no chance of that happening now- will need to be New Year gifts! We're used to battening down the hatches, we have a generator and a big freezer & everything likely to blow away has already gone last time!
Keep safe everyone.

claracanter

Visit site
Windy in the midlands. The two that are stabled at night have gone out as usual this morning .The three that live out have been sheltering behind the hedges at the bottom of the field but have now come up to the shelter, so I’m guessing the wind is dying down a bit although it doesn’t feel like. The garden furniture is moving around the patio again but atleast it’s not raining.

Asha

Visit site
Before we could get the tractor out to push it back up another gust blew it into the next field . Been picking nails / screws up from the field and moved all the horses to the other field . Only good thing is that the wind has dried the other field up so they can actually go in there !

Attachments

• IMG_7216.jpeg
    IMG_7216.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7217.jpeg
    IMG_7217.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 61

Asha

Visit site
Crikey Asha 😳.

I was going to say that it’s rather windy in these parts here, too. Glad that all neds are ok. It’s an extra nightmare to have to clear up the nails etc.

It looks like it was a fairly new shelter, too ☹️.
Yep , just under 2 years old. We had only just put the rails on to use it as a stable ( 2 days ago !) thank god we hadn’t needed to use it .

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Yep , just under 2 years old. We had only just put the rails on to use it as a stable ( 2 days ago !) thank god we hadn’t needed to use it .
Was it ground anchored? That's pretty dramatic! Using a big magnet helps for picking up nails, if you haven't already used one.

SEL

Visit site
Before we could get the tractor out to push it back up another gust blew it into the next field . Been picking nails / screws up from the field and moved all the horses to the other field . Only good thing is that the wind has dried the other field up so they can actually go in there !
Oh no - that's what happened to mine last Feb in one of the big storms. Ground anchors were still in place but the rest of it was spread over 2 acres.

What a PITA for you ☹️

Esmae

Visit site
We have just had to shore up our garden fence. Almost down but not quite. Hoping the temporary fix will hold it in place until we can get it fixed properly in the new year. Sorry to see you shelter Asha, that is a dreadful mess to sort out. Hope you can get it back to a usable condition.

Britestar

Visit site

Luckier than my neighbour!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221_155443_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_155443_Facebook.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 50

blitznbobs

Visit site
Yearlings out and naked, everyone else out in day in at night (did consider keeping them in this morning but there would have been a riot by a couple of them… so chucked them out

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yearlings out and naked, everyone else out in day in at night (did consider keeping them in this morning but there would have been a riot by a couple of them… so chucked them out
There's a group of young cobs just up the road from us, all out and naked, sheltering under a wall - good job they are all small! Our horses are out in rugs, not bothering with the shelter but preferring to stand lower down the field, away from the worst of the weather.