Storm

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I'm in Spain at the moment (where it's lovely, 20°, clear skies and balmy), talking my house sitter through turning on the generator as electric is off and he says it's "quite frightening". Not too far from Mrs Jingle. I'm flying home on Tuesday: hope it's calmed down by then.....

Bradsmum

Visit site
Another in West Wales and still sounds awful out there. Had power cut yesterday from 11ish to 18.30 but luckily we have bottled gas hob so didn’t go hungry. Prepared evening meal while it was light in case power didn’t come back 👍🏻. My two are out, pony has access to field shelter where I have put her feed but after she’s eaten, she stands back out in the wind and rain 😏. Brads has access to natural shelter but I don’t think he’s going to get much protection tonight but he doesn’t like coming in so is best left to it. It’s just me that worries about them out.

SaharaS

Visit site
Can't sleep for worrying about the neddies! This wind is absolutely crazy up in the wilds of Northumberland!
The eerie thing here is that there have been barely any cars passing..not heard more than 1 since 10 when it struck me how silent the road was when I checked the horses - can normally see the lights as they pass. One of the boys got viciously and dramatically blown away but his then empty feed trug didn't move so he had to fling it..other sensible old boy stoically munching away not phased in the slightest..hope they will be ok..the damage is likely to be from the debris coming from the houses on the west side..It's horrible not being able to keep them safe isn't it. We're hunkered down in the cottage after the caravan got too scary.. when it was wild out earlier you wouldn't know a thing the second you stepped inside the main house...but now even in the house it sounds ridiculous out.. I do hope everyone has just been sensible and stayed home & there hasn't been an accident as the road is never like this.. a second car has just passed..and possibly some of my scaffolding as there was a weird clunk..:eek:

SaharaS

Visit site
Jeeze! ibouncing around like a tit on a trampoline.
Getting dressed again incase something goes wrong!
that did make me laugh, much needed thank you...a tit on a trampoline! 🙈 🙈🤣that was a very Miranda image of her elaborating "the clap" ..if you need a light hearted watch to while the storm that's the one! hope everything/one is safe..

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Went to bed with a forecast that didn't look too bad. Better, in fact, than most places. Woken up to lots of noise outside and a red weather warning in place. 😬 Ponies are in the barn because we have power lines over the field... but I do worry about the roof. 🫣 Fingers crossed, eh? I reckon we've had gusts approaching 80mph.

alibali

Visit site
Jeeze! ibouncing around like a tit on a trampoline.
Getting dressed again incase something goes wrong!

Yes it's been wild, I thought of you when I woke at 11, 12, 1 & 2 each time there was a mega gust! Don't be putting yourself in danger trying to drive until it eases up, no jobs worth your life and limb!

It's still pretty bad now but easing a little I think. Woke up early to try to plan my route to work from the Faceache updates..... There's trees down on the 701, the 702 and the road between the two. If I did somehow make it to Leadburn both routes north from there are also blocked. I'm not attempting it until daylight.....

wills_91

Visit site
We must be extremely sheltered where our house is, barely a breath of wind. Although the sea is fairly choppy. My friends spent 9 hours on a plane from Tenerife last night... Think they circled Glasgow airport for over 2 hours before being diverted down south to land. Nightmare. Hope everyone is okay.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Everything ok here. The garden cupboard I keep some horse washing stuff in blew over (despite being bolted to the wall... the bolts sheared off 😬) and the hay barn doors blew open but somehow are undamaged.. but everything else looks fine. Horses very happy in the barn.

The only casualty here appears, thus far, to be a rather large container of Diamond White shampoo that was in my cupboard. It was so old the lid had given up the ghost a while ago. Storm Isha shampooed part of my yard. It was the cupboard going over that woke me up.

Pretty sure we had gusts at least of 80mph so that's another notch that the barn roof can tick off. 😎

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I've lost a field shelter - well not lost entirely, but it's upside down
Very odd as it faces east and the wind was from the SW, I can't understand the mechanics of it
My hay barn doors are on the NE side of the barn, wind was from WNW. Doors bolted shut but the wind managed to open them without damaging them. How!?

MrPF mumbled something about aeroplanes and lift.

SEL

Visit site
I've seen footage of some of the planes wobbling around - would put me off flying for ever that.

We had it ok here but I think the high winds pre Xmas took down the last of my dodgy trees so once the ground dries out the tree surgeon can put 3 through the chopper. Relieved to see the paddock fencing all ok this morning because they're in the field by the road and that always worries me.

My neighbours garden fence is definitely stuffed though.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
All calm here. Power has just come back on thank goodness as we have no heating, well water or flushing toilets without electricity. But we do have the wood burner.

We can see Dolly from top window but not the donks. Mr. J just off to see how they are and any damage to the old buildings.

What a night though! Hope everyone is safe.😱

nikkimariet

Visit site
Rugged. Out during day today as it’s mild and dry. Tomorrow looks the same with wet weather hitting the hour he will be coming so play it by ear. When it’s this mild I’m ok with it, they won’t blow away. My ground is excellent so no reason as to why they can’t go out.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
All ok here!
Very loud about 2am. Something big hit the bedroom window. Frightened us half to death, we thought the window would break. Well done Mr Velux!
I was expecting to find a big branch on the garden path this morning but oddly there's nothing there. Whatever it was must have flown on.