Suprise Foalie Waiting This Morning!!

kimberleigh

Visit site
Gosh she is gorgeous!! What height do you need her to make for you to ride?

Did you buy her then discover she was in foal?

Thankyou, I am biased but I think she's stunning :D

I am 5'8", with long legs, so need her to make a minimum of 14hh for me not to look absolutely ridiculous on her...even at 14.2hh I would probably look a little tall!

Yes I bought the mare last November with a purebred Section A colt at foot - unbeknownst to me she was already in foal again with this one!

Kim

teacups

Visit site
A Niabi photo update, hooray! Blimey, she is very photogenic, isn't she? And growing like a weed. What a lovely face. Thanks for uploading these.

Hope you had a good holiday, too :D

Claudia

kimberleigh

Visit site
A Niabi photo update, hooray! Blimey, she is very photogenic, isn't she? And growing like a weed. What a lovely face. Thanks for uploading these.

Hope you had a good holiday, too :D

Claudia

I like to think she is very photogenic, but it helps a lot that she loves the camera - she poses when she sees me with it haha!

She has a wonderful temperament too and I am very pleased with how she is coming on. She just needs some leading lessons now though as she doesnt really have the hang of that yet!!

Hol was nice, but I missed the animals! Would definitely swap the British weather any day though, Im a sunworshipper :)

Kim

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
She is a stunning foal you must be so pleased to have her now as I think I read at the time you didn't really want a foal. Bet you won't part with her now!

kimberleigh

Visit site
She is a stunning foal you must be so pleased to have her now as I think I read at the time you didn't really want a foal. Bet you won't part with her now!

I am overjoyed with her :)

You are correct, I desperately hoped the mare wasn't in foal as I didn't feel it was fair on her having 5 foals in her 9 years; she's spent practically her entire life either pregnant or feeding a foal. My conscience is clear knowing that I didn't choose for that to happen and at least now I know she won't be subjected to overbreeding again!

Wouldn't change her for the world now

Kim

amy_b

Visit site
she really is so pretty! isa mum registered as welsh? you should enter her for some part bred classes if you can (not sure if you have to have sire registered). get her some frillies!! :D

Queenbee

Visit site
I love these updates, as you may or may not remember I lost my mare just before you wee one was born. She, being friesian x and bred in cornwall, holds a special place in my heart. She is exquisite, lovely strong and sturdy looking girl, but dainty and elegant too. Fantastic pictures and great to see how much she has come on.

xx

kimberleigh

Visit site
she really is so pretty! isa mum registered as welsh? you should enter her for some part bred classes if you can (not sure if you have to have sire registered). get her some frillies!! :D

Yep mum is a reg'd Welsh Sec A so Niabi will be Reg'd as a part bred :)
Sire is a little hazy as although I know he was a purebred Freisian imprted from Holland I have no other details and since he died aged 2 he wasn't licensed etc

Guess I will have to brush up on my plaiting and pulling skills haha

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
I love these updates, as you may or may not remember I lost my mare just before you wee one was born. She, being friesian x and bred in cornwall, holds a special place in my heart. She is exquisite, lovely strong and sturdy looking girl, but dainty and elegant too. Fantastic pictures and great to see how much she has come on.

xx

I didnt know you lost your mare Queenbee, Im so sorry to hear that :(
Thankyou for the kind words on Nia and I will make sure I keep on with the updates :)

Kim

WestCoast

Visit site
Yep mum is a reg'd Welsh Sec A so Niabi will be Reg'd as a part bred :)
Sire is a little hazy as although I know he was a purebred Freisian imprted from Holland I have no other details and since he died aged 2 he wasn't licensed etc

Guess I will have to brush up on my plaiting and pulling skills haha

Kim

If you can find out the sire's name, you might be able to find out his breeding, although its not as easy if he wasn't in the stud book.

Paula

kimberleigh

Visit site
If you can find out the sire's name, you might be able to find out his breeding, although its not as easy if he wasn't in the stud book.

Paula

The lady who owned him is being very cagey - wouldn't speak to me at all! The girl I bought Freisa from did ask her on my behalf (as her own mare has also just had a foal by him, the only 2 he sired were hers and mine!) but lady said she firstly couldnt remember his reg'd name and then that she didnt have his passport any longer - so had no info on his breeding!

Kim

crellow4

Visit site
Who did you buy her off? You can pm if you'd prefer. There was a Friesian colt near to me in Cornwall who was killed at 2. He was on an Appaloosa passport oddly enough and had no recorded breeding as he had 2 white socks. He did run out with Section A mares, more than one of which has foaled this year. Might be a coincidence but I'm thinking not!

kimberleigh

Visit site
Crellow4 not sure if you ever received my reply via pm?!
Same one though if you didn't...all a very odd situation :/

Niabi is now 10months old and a little treasure - though she has a fiery streak which definitely didn't come from her mummy haha.
She went for a 15min walk on the moors on bank holiday Monday with my almost 3 year old Welsh sec d lenny (who my son christened as nia's 'good old uncle len'!! She is a huge ball of fluff atm as she has barely lost her rug-like winter coat but will hopefully get some new pics of her soon :)

Kim

MileAMinute

Visit site
Love the latest batch of pics of the foalie trying to feed.

My guy is by a Section A dam x unknown sire - we think coloured cob, so similar heights to your girl. He towered over her as a foal and needed to crouch down to feed at 5 months!
Your son looks gorgeous with her too.

Any recent pics? :)

kimberleigh

Visit site
Thankyou, she still adores my son
and spends a lot of time grooming his hair!

I only have some really rubbish-quality ones on my phone :( I am hoping for some more nice warm dry weather though to give her a nice bath and hand strip some of her coat - so will get my OH to take some more of her then :)

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
Finally an update!!

Niabi had her very first bath last week with the help of my sister, who kindly held on to her while I bathed then took pics!

Imo she's stunning but obviously I'm biased lol! What do you all think??

20130605_162431_zps2637c090.jpg

Kim

She's stunning imo but I'm o