Suprise Foalie Waiting This Morning!!

teacups

Visit site
Lovely photo, and wow, what a nice thing to have such a bond between her and Blake (and you, too). How is Niabi's mum now - is he riding her?

kimberleigh

Visit site
Thanks guys :)

Would anyone happen to know what 'type' she'd come under in terms of showing? Obviously shes a welsh part bred but as far as I'm aware you have to turn out relevant to type - riding pony/show hunter etc etc?! I was thinking leather in hand filly slip (with coloured browband??), plaited mane and tail (think shes too young to pull her tail yet). I would wear brown gloves/cane, light trousers, shirt, tie, tweed jacket and blue (?) velvet hat??

She definitely is very sturdy lol, everyone thinks she's much older than 2 as she appears mature physically and I don't think she'll get much bigger which is a bit of a shame but beggars can't be choosers.

Her dam is out on loan as I didnt have the time to do her justice but shes been an absolute star with her 3 year loanee :D

kimberleigh

Visit site
I hope she does grow a bit more but she has been this size for around a year already haha

Her mum was a star, Nia was her 5th foal :eek: she had her 4th foal at foot when I bought her and was already pregnant with Nia. Poor girl, no more babies!

kimberleigh

Visit site
Niabi turns 3 next month :eek:

She is standing at a full up 13hh now so definitely isn't going to be big enough for me :( my little boy hates horses now too so she won't be suitable for him either :( :( :(

I'm much too attached to her to even consider selling though so I'm thinking I will send her to a show producer to be broken in and then look for a confident child for her!! Will try and attach pics...

kimberleigh

Visit site
Scruffy monkey with long tail and messy feathers

20150602_105626-1_zpsm6dyaqbd.jpg

And looking a little less feral after some trimming

20150602_154201-1_zpsfmpxhf6o.jpg

Clodagh

Visit site
You can really see the freisian in that first photo, she will have presence and lovely paces, I would think. I hope you can find someone to have loads of fun with her, what a lucky pony she is. (My sons went off ponies too but as teenagers are getting keen again, can't imagine why!?)

teacups

Visit site
Lovely to see another update - doesn't time fly?
She's looking great. What a shame about your son - hope it's a phase.

kimberleigh

Visit site
Lovely to see another update - doesn't time fly?
She's looking great. What a shame about your son - hope it's a phase.

She's a sweetheart! I'm meant to be showing her in hand at the end of this month but I think I will have to bit her first as the first (and only time) I took her in hand she almost had me off my feet :eek:

Kim :)

kimberleigh

Visit site
You can really see the freisian in that first photo, she will have presence and lovely paces, I would think. I hope you can find someone to have loads of fun with her, what a lucky pony she is. (My sons went off ponies too but as teenagers are getting keen again, can't imagine why!?)

She would've been my dream pony when I was little so I'm hoping to find a plucky child for her! She is more small horse like than pony like, and has tons of presence

kimberleigh

Visit site
Niabi turned 3 last weekend!

She did me proud today - 2nd ever show and she won her class (youngstock in hand). Love my little lady

IMG_20150712_203556_zps0acen335.jpg

IMG-20150712-WA0017_zpsilkmbww6.jpg

IMG-20150712-WA0006-1_zpshccyerxm.jpg

And behaved like an old pro with my partners tiny grandson who wanted a break from his Shetland!

20150712_112749-1_zpsndrcqjmp.jpg

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
Thanks all - she's my little star :)

Faracat Freisa was on loan to a wonderful family in Cornwall who have just bought her from me. Her little jockey is a 2 year old boy who does absolutely everything with her, and she has a home for life. They keep in touch all the time with photos etc so I am very happy she has a job again which doesn't involve having babies :)

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
Niabi went out on loan a few weeks ago now to a family who have horse mad little ones. Their 6 year old son is already jumping 70 cm courses off lead rein on his section a and we felt Niabi may be the perfect future pony for him. The first day she arrived he had a sit up on her. Since then they've done a lot of groundwork and even led her out hacking off another horse where she encountered motorbikes/buses/children on the school run etc and didn't bat an eyelid!!

Yesterday a young girl who is a great little lightweight rider sat on her in walk and trot - and Nia took it all in her stride like she'd done it all before

To say I am proud of her is the biggest understatement ever!

They are so happy with her and I am so so pleased that all the lessons I gave her as a baby have stood her in such good stead for her future education :D

I will update with photos as she progresses :)