Tell me not to!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Oh well, nice idea while it lasted, I thought she'd go fast in this market ...... palomino 6 year old on dragon driving

Last edited:

catembi

Visit site
I don't know yet as I haven't got the horse! Unusual business model, which is thus: 1. Decide on a horse. 2. Pay for the horse in full. 3. Collect the horse or get delivered using their transporter. 4. Try the horse for a week. 5. Return the horse for a full refund, in the same condition, within 7 days if not fully satisfied. I would say - don't ring as permanently engaged/not taking calls. V fast response from FB messenger/WhatsApp. I am picking him up a week today so shall report back, if anyone would be interested?

maya2008

Visit site
Well, I saw an ad at 2pm ish on Sunday, had spoken to the lady and agreed to buy it by 4.30pm and it arrived yesterday. Nothing exciting (small young companion with potential for the kids when it is older) but with lockdown ending enough for us to get out again, I needed something to keep the retired one sane when the other four go out together for the day (my whole family rides...). So the companion now has a companion, and as a family we have six ponies!

Three is nothing...keep looking ?!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I don't know yet as I haven't got the horse! Unusual business model, which is thus: 1. Decide on a horse. 2. Pay for the horse in full. 3. Collect the horse or get delivered using their transporter. 4. Try the horse for a week. 5. Return the horse for a full refund, in the same condition, within 7 days if not fully satisfied. I would say - don't ring as permanently engaged/not taking calls. V fast response from FB messenger/WhatsApp. I am picking him up a week today so shall report back, if anyone would be interested?

i dont think my friend would be happy to do it that way, she would rather try a horse at the yard . is that the only way LR does business?

catembi

Visit site
I think so...? I thought it was unusual, but I have been thinking about it more & more, & how better to find out if you get on with a horse than to have it at home with you & do all the things you want to do & go to all the places you'd want to go? So I am planning on hacking out with my friend up the road, going to a lesson with my regular trainer at my usual venue, going to Keysoe RC to their evening training sessions, box to a further away friend to hack out, etc etc. So a chance to see how he will fit in. That would suit me far better than trying to ride a strange horse in front of people, then deciding on that basis what to do next. Far less pressurised.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
This feels like it might just be beginning to get a bit heavy. I'd just like to add that my title and post were tongue in cheek for a bit of light hearted forum fun.

The horse is real though. I'm waiting on some video.

You started it - and have been on here long enough to know exactly what would happen... :rolleyes::D

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I now have...ahem...FIVE...! Which is two more than my husband thinks I own... An interesting conv is going to be had at some stage over the BH...! H'mm, but OTOH I do actually have 6 stables...

I bought a pony companion that I'd had on loan for ages & also a Catembi look alike within the space of 10 minutes on Wednesday...having been paid my xmas bonus at midnight...

So, yeah, why are you still sitting here talking to us instead of heading off in your lorry...?!
That's restraint in my book...

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I think so...? I thought it was unusual, but I have been thinking about it more & more, & how better to find out if you get on with a horse than to have it at home with you & do all the things you want to do & go to all the places you'd want to go? So I am planning on hacking out with my friend up the road, going to a lesson with my regular trainer at my usual venue, going to Keysoe RC to their evening training sessions, box to a further away friend to hack out, etc etc. So a chance to see how he will fit in. That would suit me far better than trying to ride a strange horse in front of people, then deciding on that basis what to do next. Far less pressurised.

i can see the advantages but what happens if the horse goes lame while you are trying it? my friend isnt as confident as i think you are and she isnt happy to do something like that so we will give LR a miss. shame as its less than an hour from us...

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Ah what a shame! I highly recommended a palomino mare ?

I’m in the market for a third horse too?

I’m looking for another 2yo though, with the thought that I have Mim starting to work nicely, Milagra who supergroom (also super skinny groom) is going to ride a bit to get her strength up, and then a baby for the field ?

IrishMilo

Visit site
i can see the advantages but what happens if the horse goes lame while you are trying it? my friend isnt as confident as i think you are and she isnt happy to do something like that so we will give LR a miss. shame as its less than an hour from us...

She normally allows viewings but because of the Covid restrictions she changed her business model. FWIW I hear good things about her although she does have a high turnover of horses.

honetpot

Visit site
I have sold my cows, so I feel a bit sad and my hands have been itching. Need something to grow on, but not some stupid, afraid of its own shadow sort. The last one I sold, on is now backed and ready for sale.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Visit site
Ycbm - I know of a lovely pure cleaveland bay available if you want a project? He's currently out of work but full history is known. Pm me if you like.