Tell me not to!

palo1

Visit site
If he is half standard bred you might have a nice horse. I adore standies - they have great brains. We have a local standie breeder here and some of his are stunning though a lot of the young stock look like an other sort of animal!! Good luck.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
OK we are on our way at 10.30 so this is all the information I have about him, and I bought unseen on this basis.

This was his stunningly informative advert. From those origins, having a passport really is a selling point ?

View attachment 70067

The price caught my eye, and it's a sum I can afford to lose. I also figured he would be half standardbred, which Ludo is, which was a big plus.

So I asked for pictures and got these two. Mother is a driving cob and I think they might have been trying to get a faster stepping-cob but ended up breeding a middleweight small hunter ?

View attachment 70068View attachment 70069

I've been assured no vices, lumps or sarcoids, and now you know exactly as much as I do about him.

Yes I know I'm crazy but I'm wired like it ?. I'll let you know later if I think I've struck lucky or wasted a heap of dosh!

So informative ??? you are mad ?

I can see why you’ve done it though. He looks lovely in the photos.

Can’t wait to see what he’s like when he arrives ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
He's sweet looking ❤ I love Standies too, my old SB boy had the most wonderful temperament.
Can't believe how dinky he is, what height will he make do you think..??

I bought a cob a year older who was that size who made more than 15.3.

I'll be happy if he doesn't grow at all, he's a solid looking little chap with a leg at each corner, so he'll carry me fine.

Spirit2021

Visit site
Honestly he’s a very handsome boy the lack of information wouldn’t bother me since I bought my horse from very little information and he turned out brilliant .

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
OK we are on our way at 10.30 so this is all the information I have about him, and I bought unseen on this basis.

This was his stunningly informative advert. From those origins, having a passport really is a selling point ?

View attachment 70067

The price caught my eye, and it's a sum I can afford to lose. I also figured he would be half standardbred, which Ludo is, which was a big plus.

So I asked for pictures and got these two. Mother is a driving cob and I think they might have been trying to get a faster stepping-cob but ended up breeding a middleweight small hunter ?

I've been assured no vices, lumps or sarcoids, and now you know exactly as much as I do about him.

Yes I know I'm crazy but I'm wired like it ?. I'll let you know later if I think I've struck lucky or wasted a heap of dosh!
Well YCBM you did not listen to us did you, telling you not too... :D fat lot of use when you ignore us lol. Seriously he looks a lovely chap nice confirmation, has a nice friendly look on his face, only thing I hope they have not over done the driving when so young, Though I am sure you wont be zooming him around like he was at previous owners. Wish you well with him, and enjoy your new family member. Happy bonding.

Carrottom

Visit site
He has a very comfortable look about him, endurance maybe ?
Hope collection and travelling go well. Have lots of fun with him.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Very exciting ycbm! And yours looks lovely catembi.

I have found two I liked, organised viewings, got hopelessly overexcited and stalking every relative that have ever had (the horses, not the sellers - I’m not that weird!) and on both occasions the seller has changed their minds just before the viewing.

The second one canceled today. I was due to see her tomorrow.

Oh no not again your not having much luck at the moment:( you can always borrow one of my thugs:)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site

View attachment 70067

He looks a lovely steady type that I can imagine going for lovely long hacks on

Are you going to drive him at all?

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Oh no not again your not having much luck at the moment:( you can always borrow one of my thugs:)
Nooooooo! She wants my thug... who definitely didn't nip my bum yesterday. I've already popped a postage label on him. ;):D

I already have Loopy and Grumpy, I’m not sure I want to add Thuggy to the mix ?

Lady G a friend is selling a grey Arab colt? Russian bloodlines. His mum is a poppet.

Ah pity it’s not a filly!

We are looking for a filly/ mare, ideally 2-3 years but would consider 1-12 years for the right horse.

Part or full Arab or Spanish preferably. Would also consider something left of the field like a Morgan, or saddler type or any mix of those sorts of things - basically looking in the light hack category of horse.

To make 15-15.3hh, could be a bit taller but prefer smaller horses.

Not a world beater or top show horse, just a nice hack that could pop a few fences and do some lower level dressage.

Prefer solid coloured, could be convinced on a grey although not first choice. Love a nice bay or chestnut so not specifically looking for a flashy colour.

You wouldn’t think it would be difficult. But I don’t want anything cobby or Welshie (love them with other people, don’t enjoy riding them myself) or big, solid, hairy, heavy, nuts, laminitic, arthritic, unsound, sarcoidy, not yet backed at 9 years old, obviously lame or with a history of colic. And it appears that limits me in the market place ?

(next horse will be big, solid and hairy - husband horse but he’s very focused on losing weight so I will wait for him to be happy to ride before I shop)

ycbm

Visit site
Oh, my, well what can I say? I have absolutely no idea why a horse like this would have been sold at that price, and I'll be on tenterhooks for weeks wondering just what's wrong with him!

But for starters, the photos do him no justice whatsoever. He's a proper, proper little hunter. Big barrel, deep through the girth, short back, leg at each corner, super shoulder, neat feet, straight mover and very mature for 3. No lumps or bumps or sarcoids that I can find, no problem touching him all over. Lovely silky thin mane and tail, the only suggestion there might be any TB type blood in him! His head isn't roman, he just has a small bump below eye level, and he's very handsome. Definitely at least 15 hands already, which is a relief as I was prepared for anything from 14 upwards.

The temperament was beyond question as soon as the guy told us to pull onto a grass verge next to a busy dual carriageway to swap boxes! He loaded fine and travelled quietly. Here at home he is quiet, friendly, and not remotely interested in Deza or Ludo. He said hi, then wandered off to the gate asking to be let out on the grass. He's got to eat a bucket of wormer first.

I haven't seen anything but a short bit of walk yet, but he's straight and the walk is a big rangy slinky walk, so I'm quite excited to see the trot.

His passport matches, and was done at 6 ish months as a colt, but has no parentage recorded and he was bred in Dumfries, so he may be more likely to be a Highland cross than a Standie!

He can have a few weeks to settle while I assess him, and then I'll decide whether to back him myself or get someone else to do it.

I should have some pictures soon.

Last edited:

millikins

Visit site
Well what a result. Sometimes I think sellers on DD are just after a quick turnaround, it's the sort of site when if an animal doesn't sell quickly then "something must be wrong with it" or sometimes they've taken a horse as part exchange, have no use for it so just want gone asap.
I'm pleased he's landed on his feet :)

ycbm

Visit site
Screenshot_20210418-145050_Photos.jpg

Standing quite downhill but he is a tad bum high. I think he will easily make 15.2, maybe a bit more. He is not at all fat, that's all substance!

Screenshot_20210418-144948_Photos.jpg