Tell me not to!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I already have Loopy and Grumpy, I’m not sure I want to add Thuggy to the mix ?

Ah pity it’s not a filly!

We are looking for a filly/ mare, ideally 2-3 years but would consider 1-12 years for the right horse.

Part or full Arab or Spanish preferably. Would also consider something left of the field like a Morgan, or saddler type or any mix of those sorts of things - basically looking in the light hack category of horse.

To make 15-15.3hh, could be a bit taller but prefer smaller horses.

Not a world beater or top show horse, just a nice hack that could pop a few fences and do some lower level dressage.

Prefer solid coloured, could be convinced on a grey although not first choice. Love a nice bay or chestnut so not specifically looking for a flashy colour.

You wouldn’t think it would be difficult. But I don’t want anything cobby or Welshie (love them with other people, don’t enjoy riding them myself) or big, solid, hairy, heavy, nuts, laminitic, arthritic, unsound, sarcoidy, not yet backed at 9 years old, obviously lame or with a history of colic. And it appears that limits me in the market place ?

(next horse will be big, solid and hairy - husband horse but he’s very focused on losing weight so I will wait for him to be happy to ride before I shop)

I don't know... I think that loopy, grumpy and thuggy sounds like a great mix. :D :D :D

On a more serious note, there is a nice bay filly on arabianlines at the moment called Bella Perla. She's only recently been advertised too.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Oh, my, well what can I say? I have absolutely no idea why a horse like this would have been sold at that price, and I'll be on tenterhooks for weeks wondering just what's wrong with him!

But for starters, the photos do him no justice whatsoever. He's a proper, proper little hunter. Big barrel, deep through the girth, short back, leg at each corner, super shoulder, neat feet, straight mover and very mature for 3. No lumps or bumps or sarcoids that I can find, no problem touching him all over. Lovely silky thin mane and tail, the only suggestion there might be any TB type blood in him! His head isn't roman, and he's very handsome. Definitely at least 15 hands already, which is a relief as I was prepared for anything from 14 upwards.

The temperament was beyond question as soon as the guy told us to pull onto a grass verge next to a busy dual carriageway to swap boxes! He loaded fine and travelled quietly. Here at home he is quiet, friendly, and not remotely interested in Deza or Ludo. He said hi, then wandered off to the gate asking to be let out on the grass. He's got to eat a bucket of wormer first.

I haven't seen anything but a short bit of walk yet, but he's straight and the walk is a big rangy slinky walk, so I'm quite excited to see the trot.

His passport matches, and was done at 6 ish months as a colt, but has no parentage recorded and he was bred in Dunfermline, so he may be more likely to be a Highland cross than a Standie!

He can have a few weeks to settle while I assess him, and then I'll decide whether to back him myself or get someone else to do it.

I should have some pictures soon.

That's wonderful news! It sounds like you have found a proper diamond there. Looking forward to the pics. :) :) :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well what a result. Sometimes I think sellers on DD are just after a quick turnaround, it's the sort of site when if an animal doesn't sell quickly then "something must be wrong with it" or sometimes they've taken a horse as part exchange, have no use for it so just want gone asap.
I'm pleased he's landed on his feet :)

The explanation was that he buys job lots of youngsters because he just enjoys breaking them. He knew the market was red hot and thought he had already priced him higher than normal! I suspect he is just so used to traveller type driving and that driving market that he didn't even realise he was selling a small hunter, and a classy one at that.

Zuzan

Visit site
I wonder if he is pb CB ... there's a breeder just outside Perth so not a million miles away .. those ears and the head are quite characteristic .. as is the swinging walk and the conformation pts you mention. PM me if you want the name of the CB breeder... as presume I'm not allowed to post their name on here.. ?

ycbm

Visit site
I wonder if he is pb CB ... there's a breeder just outside Perth so not a million miles away .. those ears and the head are quite characteristic .. as is the swinging walk and the conformation pts you mention. PM me if you want the name of the CB breeder... as presume I'm not allowed to post their name on here.. ?

He's certainly very like all the CB and CBx I've ever seen, good suggestion.

ETA the head bump below eye level and the ears and profile are bang on for a CB.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yes definitely, part CB looks very likely. He looks lovely. Glad he has been straightforward so far and am looking forward to updates ?

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Oh, my, well what can I say? I have absolutely no idea why a horse like this would have been sold at that price, and I'll be on tenterhooks for weeks wondering just what's wrong with him!

But for starters, the photos do him no justice whatsoever. He's a proper, proper little hunter. Big barrel, deep through the girth, short back, leg at each corner, super shoulder, neat feet, straight mover and very mature for 3. No lumps or bumps or sarcoids that I can find, no problem touching him all over. Lovely silky thin mane and tail, the only suggestion there might be any TB type blood in him! His head isn't roman, he just has a small bump below eye level, and he's very handsome. Definitely at least 15 hands already, which is a relief as I was prepared for anything from 14 upwards.

The temperament was beyond question as soon as the guy told us to pull onto a grass verge next to a busy dual carriageway to swap boxes! He loaded fine and travelled quietly. Here at home he is quiet, friendly, and not remotely interested in Deza or Ludo. He said hi, then wandered off to the gate asking to be let out on the grass. He's got to eat a bucket of wormer first.

I haven't seen anything but a short bit of walk yet, but he's straight and the walk is a big rangy slinky walk, so I'm quite excited to see the trot.

His passport matches, and was done at 6 ish months as a colt, but has no parentage recorded and he was bred in Dunfermline, so he may be more likely to be a Highland cross than a Standie!

He can have a few weeks to settle while I assess him, and then I'll decide whether to back him myself or get someone else to do it.

I should have some pictures soon.

He looks lovely! He has the nicest expression.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I already have Loopy and Grumpy, I’m not sure I want to add Thuggy to the mix ?

Ah pity it’s not a filly!

We are looking for a filly/ mare, ideally 2-3 years but would consider 1-12 years for the right horse.

Part or full Arab or Spanish preferably. Would also consider something left of the field like a Morgan, or saddler type or any mix of those sorts of things - basically looking in the light hack category of horse.

To make 15-15.3hh, could be a bit taller but prefer smaller horses.

Not a world beater or top show horse, just a nice hack that could pop a few fences and do some lower level dressage.

Prefer solid coloured, could be convinced on a grey although not first choice. Love a nice bay or chestnut so not specifically looking for a flashy colour.

You wouldn’t think it would be difficult. But I don’t want anything cobby or Welshie (love them with other people, don’t enjoy riding them myself) or big, solid, hairy, heavy, nuts, laminitic, arthritic, unsound, sarcoidy, not yet backed at 9 years old, obviously lame or with a history of colic. And it appears that limits me in the market place ?

(next horse will be big, solid and hairy - husband horse but he’s very focused on losing weight so I will wait for him to be happy to ride before I shop)
Have you looked at Negro Gato stud and Millpark Andalusians. They might have what you are looking for.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
View attachment 70117

Standing quite downhill but he is a tad bum high. I think he will easily make 15.2, maybe a bit more. He is not at all fat, that's all substance!

Screenshot_20210418-144948_Photos.jpg
I like him!

Zuzan

Visit site
He's certainly very like all the CB and CBx I've ever seen, good suggestion.

ETA the head bump below eye level and the ears and profile are bang on for a CB.

Seeing others name studs .. on thread so I was wondering whether he might be by Brackenbrae's CB stallion Thomsonbrook King William .. who was bred by the breeder (Thomsonbrook) of my PB .. https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/thomsonbrook+king+william .. some of Brackenbrae's youngstock don't look too different from James / JoJo (I like James .. could be shortened to Jamie) JoJo sounds like a girl to me.

ycbm

Visit site
He is passported as Royal Dalton (as in the actor not the pottery). I have no idea if the person who passported him was the breeder but I'll get in touch just in case.

ETA the family who passported him showed at County level and had a reserve champion ridden M&M at one point but there's no date on the results. I'll drop them a line, there's no Facebook or other contact details for them that I can find.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
So he wasn't interested in the others over the stable door, though he followed me everywhere i went so he's very people orientated. Precautionary wormer all eaten up, and I turned them out. There was a mad race round and round for 1 minute 37 seconds during which I held my breath, then straight to this.

20210418_163816.jpg

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

I thought CB as soon as I saw his head!