Tell me not to!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
He reminds me of the cork oak trees you see in the Mediterranean where they look like they've had their trousers pulled down! Can you just take off his belly and turn it into a high Irish?

I suspect I wouldn't get a pair of clippers near him. There is no hair removed from his belly or between his legs, the lines are squiffy, and scissors on his mane made him a bit wary. When he's settled, I'll start desensitisation, but I can wait for him to moult, it doesn't bother me that he looks daft right now :)

HeyMich

Visit site
I suspect I wouldn't get a pair of clippers near him. There is no hair removed from his belly or between his legs, the lines are squiffy, and scissors on his mane made him a bit wary. When he's settled, I'll start desensitisation, but I can wait for him to moult, it doesn't bother me that he looks daft right now :)

Ah. That puts that idea away then!

PS You get my sympathy - I currently have one who is petrified of clippers. I'm doing some desensitizing with a massage gun. It's quieter than the clippers but he really enjoys the wee massages, so hopefully I'll manage to re-wire the noise association before autumn clipping is due!

tristar

Visit site
but horses do play rough anyway! we have two recently introduced and socialized youngish horses one minute they are mimicking each others every move next boxing each others ears, nipping etc all seems normal to me, and they they are not rocking horses, or made out of glass, and all they are doing is getting to know each other in their own way, playing, and moving about a lot which what they need to do, you are doing great, and yours have no shoes anyway, carry on posting photos please

AandK

Visit site
He is an absolute corker.
Well and truly landed on his hooves there with to you!
Personally I love observing a group reshuffle and it's amazing how the dynamics of a group can go in a totally unexpected direction.

Completely agree! When I got my new boy 2yrs ago, I was worried about introducing him to my now 24yo and my late mare (29), because the 24yo has always been a dominant horse. After watching each other over some electric fencing, and 24yo deciding that he wanted to be in the same bit as new boy (he just walks under tape despite being 16.3hh!), I was gobsmacked to see new boy become the boss instantly! They have become just like old boy and late mare were, sometimes grazing so close, sometimes at opposite end of the field (~5 acres) and the boss chasing his subordinate away sometimes at mealtimes.

ycbm, he looks like he will be a useful sort, I'm looking forward to hearing more about him!

Sam_J

Visit site
Unfortunately I've no 5'9" rugs any more - they must have all gone with the last pony.

Glad that the intros seem to be progressing well, please keep posting the updates YCBM!

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
Loving all your updates, he looks so good! Its giving me hope for my new horse search. I might be a teeny bit jealous of your fields and barn as well, it's what I'm aiming for.

Mule

Visit site
Deza only has to flick an eyelash, she is SO in control ? Sometimes I can't even see what signal she gave, but the others see it.
It's so funny to watch them, they'd make you laugh :D

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
I have a 5ft9 rain sheet but it’s got pink unicorns on it...Jojo strikes me as a bit too cool for it.

ObaC I would love this can I buy it? I tried to get Deza one but they were sold out.

I just need one 5ft9 rainsheet, he's going to outgrow it by the time he needs a thicker, and I'd be tickled pink to have the unicorns ?

Thanks for all the other offers, everyone.

ycbm

Visit site
I can't call him Jeff, though it does suit him, it's my best friend's husband's name ?

Last edited:

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Ludo is the biggest wuss who ever sired a foal.

My daughters old pony (sadly PTS last year) wasn't gelded till he was "aged" (probably around 15) and the 3 mares he was impounded with were in foal to him. He was the biggest wuss I've ever met. At one point a neighbours shetland stallion got in with them and he and my (usually lovely to other horses) cob were having a right ding-dong, Sully had taken himself down the bottom of the field and was hiding in the corner. Another time he escaped and somehow got in with another neighbours Connie and donkey broodmares and I found him hours later quietly grazing in their field, they seemed quite sad to see him go and they were all amazingly relaxed about the whole thing with no evidence of any excitement.

So I certainly agree that late cut doesn't always mean difficult to introduce to others!

Jojo looks great, despite the interesting clip.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
ObaC I would love this can I buy it? I tried to get Deza one but they were sold out.

I just need one 5ft9 rainsheet, he's going to outgrow it by the time he needs a thicker, and I'd be tickled pink to have the unicorns ?

Thanks for all the other offers, everyone.
Let me try and find it first ? since I’ve been rugless I’m not entirely sure where they all are ? DD882277-8E24-4C22-A494-CBFFC7DE8419.jpegalso not sure what possessed me to buy 5ft9 ? bit long ?

eta if you think he’ll outgrow it, no need to buy just borrow then send back once no longer needed ?

ycbm

Visit site
Things progressed today. Ludo refused to be caught this morning so he made himself the selection for staying outside the pen while we went out for lunch and a walk. When I got back he was begging to go in with them so he went in for two hours. Most of the time he gently kept Jojo out in the pen. Jojo was going back inside, so he isn't frightened, and just left again when he was told. Two hours was all Ludo could cope with, and then he was going into the pen himself and holding Jojo at one end of it. No nasty stuff going on, but it was clear Ludo was too stressed, so Jojo came out.

Tomorrow, with great timing, I'm taking Deza to a friend for a play. I think that will be perfect to leave Ludo and Jojo together. It's Deza who Ludo is sending Jojo away from, so it will be good for them to have time on their own now I can be sure he won't beat seven bells out of him. (Not that I ever thought he would).

Last edited: