The Dizzy Blonde - Rest in Peace my Beautiful Girl

Bigbenji

Visit site
So so sorry to hear this mrs m.
Stay strong in the knowledge that you did everything you could for your lovely mare and released her from any further pain.
RIP Dizzy

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I was sorry to read this, MrsM, but no doubt you have made the right decision and in the best interests of your girl. She was fortunate to have such a loving home with people who tried so many things to make her more comfortable.

Booboos

Visit site
Oh Mrs M I just saw this. What terrible, terrible news! I am so very sorry it has come to this, I know you did absolutely everything you could for her and it is such a shame that it wasn't to be. In the end you did right by her and let her go rather than see her suffer. I know nothing can make you feel better at the moment but maybe in time you can think back on how she had the best possible life she could have had with you and take some consollation from that fact. R.I.P. Dizzy Blonde

Rollin

Visit site
Massive hugs from me. When you love them it is so hard to make this decision. I don't want to sound patronising but you did what you could for her. Would that more horses had such caring owners.

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
I've only just seen this.
No matter how smart I try to be with words, sometimes they just arent powerful enough.

I know how much you loved her, it came across in your posts, in your pictures and, for those of us who have met you in real life, in the way you lit up when you talked about her.
You fought so hard for her but most importantly than that you knew when the battle was lost and it was time to let go.

Run free Dizzy one, pain free and beautiful.
Our thoughts are with you C

Last edited:

Dollysox

Visit site
Oh Mrs M, I am so very sorry to hear this. I'm another one who has followed your ups and downs over the years with a smile and a tear. Your love for the Dizzy One shone through and no one could ever doubt how much she meant to you.

My thoughts are with you and your family - she will leave a massive hole, I know. Be kind to yourself for a while.

Sue x

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You are usually so eloquent in your replies to others and I do so wish I could do likewise. Such a difficult decision but we must make these with our animals in mind and not our own emotions.

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
Mrs Mozart, I am so sad that it came to this. Clearly you gave her the best possible treatments, and did so much for her. The final act of loving kindness is always the hardest, and my thoughts are with you and yours.

1stclassalan

Visit site
Well, the fact that I'm still cracked up about losing my mare twenty years ago shows the great gap a departed animal leaves in our lives.

I met John Oaksey once and he was kind enough to sign my Grand National book ( he came third in 1966 on Carrickbeg :- "One of the greatest sadnesses of this life - is that we outlive so many good dogs and horses." He's gone too now, poor old chap.

indie999

Visit site
So sad and am very sorry for your loss, but one very loved horse and thats what its all about good times and the bad, you were there for her always thats whats important. RIP...so sorry.