The Egypt Horse Project ?

Lady La La

Visit site
Does anyone know what's going on there?
I've seen some worrying things on their facebook page, but difficult to get any real answers from them?

Lady La La

Visit site
They're always having some issue or another. Ash seems like a sweet girl but always seems like she's in over her head to me.

I do get the feeling that she's in a bit too deep, from what I've read. I've posted several times asking what's going on, but never had a response.

Lady La La

Visit site
Ive been blocked from there for asking questions about where the donations have gone, I know anyone who asks questions
quickly has their posts deleted, it is very worrying as you say.

I did find this group who know what is going on and are exposing them,https://www.facebook.com/RescueAnimalsVoice?fref=ts

Oh blimey, seems there's a lot more to this than I realised. I thought maybe the rescue were just struggling with funds.

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
It never became a registered charity despite having the money for it. There was a promise to show financial records but they never materialised. Money for the horses appears to have been spent on personal things and an elaborate carriage. Other charities and organisations helping animals in the area have raised concerns and one has had to go in to check the horses after photos of abuse were leaked online.

Now it's closing down and she's setting up elsewhere in Egypt - Dahab, and a fantastic local horse charity there are not happy for various reasons - it's all on that Facebook group though if anyone is interested.

It's a shame really. Seems like she had good intentions at first but it's all gone pretty dodgy and I just hope the horses and other animals have a hopeful future wherever they end up.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
There are a lot of former donators on the Q & As page, one lady donated £2,000 and never got an answer where her money went, she is convinced she paid for Ashs wedding . TEHP have now got ESAF going in and feeding all the animals and providing care because Ash is back in Australia. You have to ask what sort of rescue gets another rescue in to provide care for their animals whilst still taking donations.

Lady La La

Visit site
There's been a wedding? In Egypt?
If they are closing down, then that's good presumably? Do the horses have somewhere to go?

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
The saddest things are that poor lady who made a huge donation from her late father, and the fact that the horses who were getting into good condition now have lost weight but are still being worked :(

Wish I'd never heard of TEHP to be honest - since I started following the madness going on, I've become suspicious of all charities!

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
There's been a wedding? In Egypt?
If they are closing down, then that's good presumably? Do the horses have somewhere to go?

Unclear if they have homes to go to. Some are going with her to Dahab and I believe the rest will have to go to other rescues. .. she's posted saying a new rescue can take them. But of course that seems a bit suspicious!

Yes she married Ahmed who also works there. There was some confusion about whether he witnessed the abuse and did nothing, but no one ever found out.

Spring Feather

Visit site
Ive been blocked from there for asking questions about where the donations have gone, I know anyone who asks questions
quickly has their posts deleted, it is very worrying as you say.

I did find this group who know what is going on and are exposing them,https://www.facebook.com/RescueAnimalsVoice?fref=ts

Okay I retract my comments. I'm not so sure she is a sweet girl now. I personally always thought she was not particularly knowledgeable about horses and their care; seems her business acumen is about as solid as her horse knowledge.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
But they are not closing down, it seems to me they are just in the process of opening another branch, as for the wedding it is alleged that Ash married one of her Egyptian grooms. Ash is going to start up a new venture in Dehab as it has cheaper stabling but has failed to take into consideration that all the horses feeds have to come in on a 7 hour journey which bumps up the cost as Dehab is on the coast.

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Okay I retract my comments. I'm not so sure she is a sweet girl now. I personally always thought she was not particularly knowledgeable about horses and their care; seems her business acumen is about as solid as her horse knowledge.

Oh it seems she's a shrewd business mind. Certainly a lot of money has been made out of kind hearted donators. :(

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Who is that?

And who are the other organisations that have been helping tehp, and giving advice etc? Do they not have anything to say about all of this?

The Brooke, ESAF, and Rural Wellness Initiative. All well respected organisations whose support has been offered. Advice ignored - eg a Brook vet said to PTS certain horses but they were kept alive and suffering. Donations then poured in. Rural Wellness has fantastic contacts for feed, trimmers, vets etc and ended up all blocked for trying to help. ESAF are now feeding the horses at TEHP and reported that all were in need of dental and feet work... Ashleigh had claimed to be a qualified trimmer, but having found that her name was not on the register for all trimmers, another charity contacted the course she'd allegedly completed and it turned out she never had but had dropped out at the start of it. So many dodgy things :(

Dobiegirl

Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/dahabhorseinitiative?fref=ts This is the group who wrote a letter to Ash, if you scroll down I think its dated February you can read the letter.

Lochinvar is the admin on The Egypt Horse Project, she resigned when she found out one of the horses had died 4 days before and admin hadn't been informed, she got over that though and came back, like the grooms who were sacked when photos of their cruelty was circulated by the Q & As group.

Queenbee

Visit site
Ah yes the girl who rides very thin horses and thinks it's ok... Got into an argument about that on their page!

Ha, I remember that!

I've followed them but never been a fan tbh, I got a bad impression of them the first time I heard of them on this forum when their secretary started a begging bowl thread, and insulted anyone who raised a question

Lady La La

Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/dahabhorseinitiative?fref=ts This is the group who wrote a letter to Ash, if you scroll down I think its dated February you can read the letter.

Lochinvar is the admin on The Egypt Horse Project, she resigned when she found out one of the horses had died 4 days before and admin hadn't been informed, she got over that though and came back, like the grooms who were sacked when photos of their cruelty was circulated by the Q & As group.

Can nothing be done to stop them starting this all over again then? If they are not registered as a charity, who are they accountable to? Surely this needs stopping?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Can nothing be done to stop them starting this all over again then? If they are not registered as a charity, who are they accountable to? Surely this needs stopping?

It does need stopping I agree, if people stop donating it will stop but the minute anyone asks a question it gets deleted so how are people to know. I would strongly recommend people only donate to registered charities.

Its not just the lack of transparency that is so worrying its the welfare of the animals in their care, lack of updates and the hopeless cases they take in who are all crying out for a bullet but they treat and lie about them. Horses disappear with no explanation, when questions are asked about them they delete them or ignore them.

Dizzy Diva

New User
Visit site
Well she may have started out with good intentions but looks like it all went wrong when she started to tell lies about the donations . She is in Australia at the moment and said she is going back to start her own private stable by the sea giving rides to the non existent tourists and guess where the horses will come from that right the best of the rescue horses the everyone paid to save from being ridden by the tourists that Ashleigh said treated them so badly ! People need to give their money to legitimate registered charities like SPANA . THE BROOKE or ACE. all do a good job Its very sad how this has all worked out because many dedicated people put a lot of work into raising money .

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Well she may have started out with good intentions but looks like it all went wrong when she started to tell lies about the donations . She is in Australia at the moment and said she is going back to start her own private stable by the sea giving rides to the non existent tourists and guess where the horses will come from that right the best of the rescue horses the everyone paid to save from being ridden by the tourists that Ashleigh said treated them so badly ! People need to give their money to legitimate registered charities like SPANA . THE BROOKE or ACE. all do a good job Its very sad how this has all worked out because many dedicated people put a lot of work into raising money .

I think the original idea was to have some short of show jumping dressage type arena in Dahab but she hasn't got the money for that yet, perhaps she could sell her ornate carriages which were paid for by supporters to fund her dream.

Lady Luna

Visit site
I too was blocked when asking the whereabouts of a horse I had paid for and noticed there were no pictures or updates on her for over a week. Often wonder what became of her 😥

Last edited: