The most unusual, deranged or downright odd thing you' want to do with a horse...

fatpiggy

Visit site
I always wanted to rub my horse's tummy while she was rolling, like you would a dog but 4 hooves waving in the air made that a complete no-no. I did give her a very little one after she died though, but it wasn't the same :(

JFTDWS

Visit site
I want to ride from my house along the 13 mile off road path into the centre of Glasgow, through George Square and along the main pedestrianized shopping street. Please nobody tell me there is a bye-law forbidding this :D

Brilliant, definitely worth doing. I would!

I quite fancy hacking Fergs round Tescos and picking up some shopping on the way. I could balance the basket on his quarters...

I've had water pistol fights on horseback - it's good fun ;)

Brightbay

Visit site
I quite fancy hacking Fergs round Tescos and picking up some shopping on the way.

We've already been to Morrisons. The hitching posts are rubbish! Haven't they seen cowboy films?
Glasgow's only another 12 miles further on, on the same track :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
I took mine to Morrisons a few years ago too, Brightbay, and bought them a pineapple...

28734_513149055807_6050182_n.jpg

I didn't actually take them in though. I figured they wouldn't approve. But I like the idea of riding up and down the aisles and maybe round a shopping centre too. I wonder what Fergs would think of the escalators...

Nah, that doesn't count - MK is too industrialised. Riding through the centre of Glasgow has a sort of historic power. Sort of like riding round central London, except that it's not uncommon to see horses there from the Mews.

fburton

Visit site
I want to ride from my house along the 13 mile off road path into the centre of Glasgow, through George Square and along the main pedestrianized shopping street. Please nobody tell me there is a bye-law forbidding this :D
I don't think so. The police horses are allowed to anyway. I led horses through the centre of Glasgow, from Pitt Street to Glasgow Green, in the Lord Provost's Procession, representing the Vet School for a couple of years running (around the time the govt was talking about closing it).

ZoeCharlotte

Visit site
Haven't read the whole thread yet but I'm delighted to see som Pratchett and Tolkien references already! Always wanted to be one of the riders from Rohan...I've got the sword skills (no, I really have) but the costume is harder to come by! Also wanted to be able to vault on in canter. Damn elves putting ideas in my head.

Last edited:

PingPongPony

Visit site
Not that unusual or silly I guess but I want a grey Shetland, so that I can clip it, paint it pink to make it look like my little pony, with purple heart on its bum and ride it in the Shetland grand national :D at 5ft11 and 10.5st, I somehow don't think that its going to happen :(

JFTDWS

Visit site
PingPongPony, haven't you heard of breeding?! It's what you do when you and your current mount are incompatible to fulfill your dreams - you breed, then you buy yourself a shetland to present as you desire... And your offspring has no choice but to ride it :p :D

fburton

Visit site
I always wanted to rub my horse's tummy while she was rolling, like you would a dog but 4 hooves waving in the air made that a complete no-no. I did give her a very little one after she died though, but it wasn't the same :(
Aw, that's sad... :(

If it's any consolation at all, my few experiences of tummy rubbing (in my foolish youth) would suggest that horses don't much like having it done, as they tended to curtail their rolling when I did it.

Queenbee

Visit site
A treck all around the Cornish coast for charity. Dream holiday... Horseback safari. Win the local ridden hunter cup on my boy (that cup holds a special place in my heart). Cuddle a horse when it's lying down... I got that wish from ebony the day before she was PTS :(

Shantara

Visit site
Nah, that doesn't count - MK is too industrialised. Riding through the centre of Glasgow has a sort of historic power. Sort of like riding round central London, except that it's not uncommon to see horses there from the Mews.

You're right :p Since I'm so far away, I'm going to try for Newport Pagnell (half done that one) or Olney next!