The ordinary horse owner Olympics

little_critter

Visit site
Cleg splatting.
Most splatted on grazing horse in fixed time.
Progressing to splatting on ridden horse at various speeds. Can the rider splat the one on horse's cheek at a canter? How about the one on the chest or under the belly?
do you enter as an individual or a partnership? My mare is fully trained in this and marches up to me stating “splat that” with the appropriate body part presented.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
After my recent success, as documented on another thread, I would like to propose the feed bag opening event.

First person to open a feed bag in one sweep, using the thread provided. It could end up as a marathon.

For the horses, the longest resist loading challenge. Bonus points for number of evasions shown. EG ramp stomp, grass skiing, long plant, head bang on door, fastest reverse etc.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The bulk feed delivery stacking challenge.

Three classes.

1. Speed class.

Who can carry 20 x 20kg bags of horse feed 50 metres and stack them in one pile 2 to a layer fastest. Pile must stand up at the end.

2. The style class.

Same exercise judge on precision of the pile.

3. The triathlon.

20 x 20kg nuts
20 x 15 kg chaff
20 standard bales of hay.

Kat

Visit site
The hay soaker challenge.

Who can soak, drain and tie up haynets while staying the most dry.

The muddy rug challenge.

Who can remove and hang up to dry a mud covered rug from a 17 hand horse, winner is the cleanest person, no ppe allowed.
The heavy wet rug must be hung over a full height stable partition without using a step, and must be paid out so it will dry.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I hereby submit my entry. In this pic are 3 x shavings 3 x wood pellets and 1 x feed, 1 x chaff. I drive a Micra.
C22F2239-C098-4226-91B6-0C185B7EB69B.jpeg4 bags of shavings, 2 rugs, 2 wood pellets(other was in the passenger footwell, supplements (turmeric, don’t judge, I was trying everything for pollen related headshaking!) and in the passenger seat 1 x chubby cockerpoo in a Fiat 500.

I really miss that car.

Ratface

Visit site
This should be copyrighted and prescribed to all those who, for whatever reason, are feeling sorry for themselves!
Truly hilarious!
Thanks all. xx

Suechoccy

Visit site
Summer Olympic challenge in drought years only:

How quickly can you put 15 x 25 litre empty water containers into a box trailer, hitch to your car, fill containers with the hose at home, then drive 1.5 miles to the horse's field (no mains water there but a variety of waterbutts which are usually ample volume for rainwater storage but are all currently empty due to drought), park as close to each trough and butt as possible, and then lift and carry each container to trough or butt and empty. Then return home and pack trailer and containers away so they don't get stolen overnight.
1.5 hours is my quickest so far since start of July.

(Reason for filling butts too is in case you succumb to a serious illness as then you'd have to rely on a horsesitter and no horsesitter in the world is going to want to do the above for you each day!)

Advanced: how many days are you prepared to sustain this activity over?

SheriffTruman

Visit site
This thread is brilliant ?.

Here are the official instructions for the worming triathlon.
Standing beside the horse's head he/she shall spray wormer over their own face. Marks will be added for spitting.

I feel I stand a fair chance of winning a medal in this discipline. I would be off for a good start, anyway.

Kat

Visit site
View attachment 976454 bags of shavings, 2 rugs, 2 wood pellets(other was in the passenger footwell, supplements (turmeric, don’t judge, I was trying everything for pollen related headshaking!) and in the passenger seat 1 x chubby cockerpoo in a Fiat 500.

I really miss that car.

Oh now this I am up for! We once did 8 bags of shavings in a VW polo with two adults in the front. I bet I could get loads in my Jazz it is like a TARDIS.

Annagain

Visit site
After my recent experience, how about emergency fence repairs using nothing but old pallets and bailing twine? Points scored for efficacy and artistic interpretation?

In Wiggy's defence it appears the stile just gave way as he was leaning over to reach the tasty hedge and he stumbled through the gap rather than a deliberate attempt at escapology. He went straight to stand outside his stable (eating his hay over the door) until someone came to rescue him. At least he seems to like his new home as he didn't try to go any further!

Last edited:

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Have we had the rubber stable mat removal challenge yet? Speed challenge?

Extra marks for not splatting the pee on your clothes as you hose them off, then accuracy challenge to get them reassembled within the stable making them fit back in, with no bubbles as they rise up as they have inexplicably grown!

Ricked back = disqualification.