The Peel case horses - the lost ones

Merlod

Visit site
The rspca are an absolute waste. What I found odd about the peel case is the lack of evidence recorded, especially compared to Spindles Farm of which there were endless (awful) images - horses numbered and even the bodies/remains of horses numbered and photographed along with living conditions etc - but for the peels? Nothing. Very odd. I guess as the rspca decided claim stabling and care of these horses they put down they didn't bother turning it into a publicity case

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The rspca are an absolute waste. What I found odd about the peel case is the lack of evidence recorded, especially compared to Spindles Farm of which there were endless (awful) images - horses numbered and even the bodies/remains of horses numbered and photographed along with living conditions etc - but for the peels? Nothing. Very odd. I guess as the rspca decided claim stabling and care of these horses they put down they didn't bother turning it into a publicity case

I think because the rspca tried to bill peel for livery charges for horses that had been pts ma y months before, and remember most of the horses were shot very early on and most had minor issues that could have been sorted cheaply and easily, it was basically fraud on their part and peel knew and I think she may have threatened to take it further which is why they dropped the charges that's my take on it anyway.

Crackerz

Visit site
I have been quietly following this for a while, it's crazy, i can't even describe my anger at how the whole thing has been dealt with

GemG

Visit site
Very sad indeed. Words fail me. Those poor animals and I feel for those good people who owned/bred them, they must be devastated.

Fence judging at a BE fixture?!?! They should not be within sight of a horse, I wouldn't trust them with a rocking horse. Awful, awful, awful.

Archangel

Visit site
Looking at the horses on the Arabianlines thread. Sometimes I read it and can hardly believe something so awful actually happened.

'It' (that peel woman) has got to be a horse hoarder, she kept acquiring horses for her daughter's glittering eventing career or dreaming about building a herd of eventers (how many points was it she gained - none?) and then tossing them aside and forgetting about them when the next one came along.

peel has a good job (see LinkedIn) and often away all week - so who looked after all those horses? The husband who also has his own stock to 'care for' and a history of not coping and leaving things to die - it was always going to end badly.

Horses rarely pop off peacefully in their sleep - so how did those horses that were found dead at the farm actually die? Were they just shut in a box and starved to death - how long did that take - those poor horses - and that woman just DID NOTHING FOR THEM. WHY NOT?

Why did the RSPCA choose to move 31 horses late in the evening on a cold March night - I believe they arrived at the rescue centre after midnight. Why not move them during the day, maybe then Taragun would have arrived safely. The whole things stinks of RSPCA corruption, back handers, and many people turning a pretty penny out of charity donations. How can they live with themselves.

DD

Visit site
this family should be banned from owning any animals for ever. What is Evies married name> anyone could inadvertently sell her a horse not knowing who she is.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
She's not married. There as large as life on face book with pictures of horses on.

the daughter has no shame she even posted on a thread on arabian lines a few months back using the tarragun log in name she used to use, insensitive considering the circumstances and how the poor pony met her end:(

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
the daughter has no shame she even posted on a thread on arabian lines a few months back using the tarragun log in name she used to use, insensitive considering the circumstances and how the poor pony met her end:(

I thought that reading between the lines that seemed to be the case, was it a can we forgive, forget and move on or just a carry on as normal now post?

Wella

Visit site
Yes she has a daughter and it's got a pony. Yes it was a can we draw a line under this and move on post. What a nerve no remorse what so ever.

zaminda

Visit site
Posting on AL simply reminded people that she was still involved with horses. If anything it made people remember it all over again. Which in my view is a good thing. Disgraceful case, and people. The RSPCA's attempt at fraudulently claiming stabling is what destroyed the case. Keep reminding everyone with horses please everyone!

Merlod

Visit site
I noticed that evie peel has deleted her flickr account, which removed the photos of the horses that hadn't long been added to the AL thread - obviously she is watching that post! Sickening, just because she wants to gloss over and pretend those poor horses never existed doesn't mean decent people don't want to remember them, they may have been nothing to her but they would have meant a great deal to others. Makes me so sad.

DD

Visit site
so the Peels still have horses. if anyone knows where they are kept could they fly a drone over the place to check up on things? ( Always assuming they havent been locked in a barn to starve to death?)

Wella

Visit site
I noticed that evie peel has deleted her flickr account, which removed the photos of the horses that hadn't long been added to the AL thread - obviously she is watching that post! Sickening, just because she wants to gloss over and pretend those poor horses never existed doesn't mean decent people don't want to remember them, they may have been nothing to her but they would have meant a great deal to others. Makes me so sad.

Yes I noticed that yesterday. Probably watching on here too no doubt. Fully agree with your comments very well put.

Merlod

Visit site
entered, didn't turn up ;)

My bad withdrawn not competed - still not cheap to enter, so presumably intended to go, maybe she wimped out as her name is still quite prevalent on some message boards. I agree Downton Dame, should be banned but judging by the email response BE gave to Rachelle fence judging that's not going to happen.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Yes I noticed that yesterday. Probably watching on here too no doubt. Fully agree with your comments very well put.

well if she does happen to look on here maybe she may feel just a tinge of sadness when she thinks about what they did, I found some old Arabian magazines in the garage last week so I sat down and flicked through some of them, one I picked up had her riding Taragun on the front and it made me feel sad just to think how that lovely mare ended up and even worse how she died.:(

gingerarab

Visit site
she claims complete denial to anything that happened, its all a bunch of lies, no dead horses and no severe neglect ????

The RSPCA really should be brought to account in all this, they have let down everyone concerned in this case !!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Seemingly it has wrote on AL today.
Posted by 'Taragun' on AL today.

For all that have been reading and posting any threads relating to Rachel and Evie Peel:

I completely understand the need for there to be discussion and opinion surrounding the devastating crisis that my family found itself in in 2013, whilst I was some 200 miles away at college; and which found my father being diagnosed, as a cruel irony of this crisis, with a rare and terminal form of dementia.

So how has Stephen Peel recovered sufficiently from this 'rare and terminal form of dementia' to be able to fence judge at Cholmondeley Horse Trials three years later? A medical miracle?