The Peel case horses - the lost ones

sasquatch

Visit site
Posted by 'Taragun' on AL today.

For all that have been reading and posting any threads relating to Rachel and Evie Peel:

I completely understand the need for there to be discussion and opinion surrounding the devastating crisis that my family found itself in in 2013, whilst I was some 200 miles away at college; and which found my father being diagnosed, as a cruel irony of this crisis, with a rare and terminal form of dementia.

So how has Stephen Peel recovered sufficiently from this 'rare and terminal form of dementia' to be able to fence judge at Cholmondeley Horse Trials three years later? A medical miracle?

did she never visit home whilst she was at college? or send an email or text home to ask her mum how her old ponies and horses were getting on, or for photos of them?
if her father was so sick, why did she appear to not do anything to help her parents during that time? how was she so unaware of what was going on at home with the horses? why were some horses in her name released back to her, whilst others were destroyed? did she just pick and choose the ones that were of use, and get rid of those who she deemed past it?

Wella

Visit site
She was riding Templars Orchestral Pearl in the Stallion Parade at Myerscough on the 16th of February 2013. A month before.

be positive

Visit site
Posted by 'Taragun' on AL today.

For all that have been reading and posting any threads relating to Rachel and Evie Peel:

I completely understand the need for there to be discussion and opinion surrounding the devastating crisis that my family found itself in in 2013, whilst I was some 200 miles away at college; and which found my father being diagnosed, as a cruel irony of this crisis, with a rare and terminal form of dementia.

So how has Stephen Peel recovered sufficiently from this 'rare and terminal form of dementia' to be able to fence judge at Cholmondeley Horse Trials three years later? A medical miracle?

The "crisis" went on for many years from the sound of things, many of the missing horses must have died over a period of several years well before she went away to college, the whole family seem to be in complete denial and are continuing to own horses, probably dogs as well, the incompetence of the RSPCA and the blatant refusal to accept responsibility for the state the animals were in by the family is beyond belief, every time I read an update I still cannot fathom out what went on and how the outcome means they can continue life as normal.

Wella

Visit site
It's posting on AL making excuses and obviously in denial. Looks like it wants to resume its eventing "career" and all this to be brushed under the urine and feces covered carpet.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think they'd be on dodgy ground to do so tbh, Evie was never even charged, and no one has been convicted so they'd be refusing on an opinion basis, I can't imagine them doing that.

Wella

Visit site
I think they'd be on dodgy ground to do so tbh, Evie was never even charged, and no one has been convicted so they'd be refusing on an opinion basis, I can't imagine them doing that.

Yep sadly true and looks like someone has already sold them another old eventer. Someone else was riding it in 2012. Honest Villian unless she's just got the ride :(

Frumpoon

Visit site
Looking at the original daily mail article the MP for the area Sir Edward Garnier called for an inquiry into the shootings only last year, is it worth a few letters to ask him if that might be forthcoming? If folks don't get the truth about what happened to their horses then at least the RSPCA should be brought to account for putting the animals down and then of course the question of the claiming of the stabling fees.

The RSPCA are a huge and influential organisation they should be brought to account for this

be positive

Visit site
Yep sadly true and looks like someone has already sold them another old eventer. Someone else was riding it in 2012. Honest Villian unless she's just got the ride :(

I thought the same but he is on the list of the horses returned after the case fell apart.

Rollin

Visit site
Frumpoon, Imagine making an error on your Tax Return or expenses submitted to your employer, to the tune of thousands of pounds? I cannot imagine HMRC would say 'there there. don't do it again'. What about the toothless Charity Commission why have they done nothing? I see a claim for livery for dead horses as fraud.

Frumpoon

Visit site
I do agree completely but agitating on online forums won't get those answers or deliver the accountability people require. This needs letters and focus to those in high places otherwise another few years will go by and will slip under the radar and everybody will assume it was somehow sorted out

Merlod

Visit site
I just read the whole thing and as well as no remorse she is just denying that there were dead horses in stables

Bare hoof

Visit site
the whole things terrible

I feel so sorry for Evie after everything she has been through , and the RSPCA wants shutting down for the big conspiracy,
I hope to god Evie and her mum SUE the RSPCA and C&C Horse transport for the downright cruelty they caused there horses whilst in there care.
I hope you are reading this Evie and your mum you have done nothing wrong , and I think people need to get there FACTS ,
I think people need to stop bulling Evie and her mum because THEY are the victims in all of this.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
I feel so sorry for Evie after everything she has been through , and the RSPCA wants shutting down for the big conspiracy,
I hope to god Evie and her mum SUE the RSPCA and C&C Horse transport for the downright cruelty they caused there horses whilst in there care.
I hope you are reading this Evie and your mum you have done nothing wrong , and I think people need to get there FACTS ,
I think people need to stop bulling Evie and her mum because THEY are the victims in all of this.

Eh?

be positive

Visit site

You seem to know the Peels personally to defend them in any way, while many will agree with the fact that the RSPCA acted extremely badly throughout I don't think many people feel sorry for the Peels who caused the suffering of the many horses they owned, that is fact and verified by the videos and evidence given in court at the first hearing, it may have ended up with her getting off but that was due to technicalities not because she was proven innocent.
The whole story will never be told but the one fact that cannot be denied is that the victims in this were the HORSES who either died before being "rescued" or were not given the chance of recovery and rehoming, Evie and her mother are not the victims they took on far more than they could take care of and neglected the horses, that they still own so many is of concern I just hope they can take better care of them now.

sasquatch

Visit site

I think we have found Evie or Rachelle! :D

I feel very sorry for the poor horses, who had to deal with the cruelty, neglect and abuse suffered at the hands of the Peels, and then at the hands of the RSPCA. They are the only victims here, not Evie and her mum who let the horses suffer and get to the point that the RSPCA had to step in

Bare hoof

Visit site
You seem to know the Peels personally to defend them in any way, while many will agree with the fact that the RSPCA acted extremely badly throughout I don't think many people feel sorry for the Peels who caused the suffering of the many horses they owned, that is fact and verified by the videos and evidence given in court at the first hearing, it may have ended up with her getting off but that was due to technicalities not because she was proven innocent.
The whole story will never be told but the one fact that cannot be denied is that the victims in this were the HORSES who either died before being "rescued" or were not given the chance of recovery and rehoming, Evie and her mother are not the victims they took on far more than they could take care of and neglected the horses, that they still own so many is of concern I just hope they can take better care of them now.

The whole TRUTH to the story has been told , Evie made a statement on the Arabian forum , I was very much involved I know soooo much with what happened to her horses whist in the care of cooper Wilson and the RSPCA and those god awful C&C TRANSPORT

Evie and her mum were TARGETED!! it's one massive conspiracy and the RSPCA messed up and I hope to god Khama gets the RSPCA. So Evie and her family can get on with there lives..

As for the online bullying there has ( not on here ) been some rather upsetting and vile threats made toward them and I hope they pursue this aswell.

Last edited:

Bare hoof

Visit site
I will defend Evie and her mum all the way as they are the victims , there poor horses ended up been neglected by the very organisation ( RSPCA) that is meant to care for and protect animals !!!! It is truly discusting what the RSPCA have done to this innocent family.

Bare hoof

Visit site
It is and iam not sure if I should be talking on here about it , but I would like people to know what really happened. And if the peels are reading this so they know the fate of there beloved horses and what actually went on in that dreaded place the RSPCA call a rehoming centre , because it wasn't , it was like a slaughter house!

Last edited:

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site

Our court system works on the state, or at least the prosecuting authority, proving guilt, not on the accused proving their innocence. I believe in Scotland they also have not proven, but in England if you are not found guilty, then regardless of how you may be morally responsible, you are in fact not guilty and as you are innocent ntil proven guilty, legally you are innocent. I have no axe to grind regarding this case and it does infact sound as if the RSPCA made a total hash of the prosecution, but that is the system we have.