The Peel case horses - the lost ones

be positive

Visit site
We're any of you there? NO , so stop passing judgment, she said this she done that , this poor family have been threw hell with all this abuse from social media. Why don't you all just go and see them instead of making personal attacks of bitching about them on a public forum. It's unacceptable and down right wrong. Why don't you find a proper cruelty case to bash, instead of this poor family. You can't can you? All you can do is sit behind your keyboards and slate , bitch, and upset people with your nasty comments. If you have such a personal vendetta against this innocent family, then go and see them in person.

cyberbullying activities are criminal offences under a range of different laws, including the Malicious Communications Act 1988 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Just in case anyone has not seen the photos, which show horses in poor and unkempt condition, the video which shows horses in filthy stables, certainly not just a "normal" morning before being mucked out, at least not in most decent yards, plus a few dogs in disgusting conditions, I have put the link to the H&H report.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/peel-arab-horses-rescued-rspca-put-down-511288

I don't think any of us need to have been there to pass comments on how the horses were being kept, the Peels had lost control of the situation and their horses were suffering the consequences, it may not have been intentional, negligence rarely is, but the conditions were unacceptable to everyone on here who has read about the case, the judge did find Rachelle guilty of neglect and stated in his summing up that she had shown no remorse, part of his summing up clearly shows she came across as if she was the victim.

“You saw yourself very much the victim and you laid blame at a series of others in how they dealt with you and your family and with how they treated the horses. There was in some instances an obstinate refusal to accept even the most compelling evidence of neglect,” said Judge Clarke.

Read more at: http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.u...eder-found-guilty-of-animal-neglect-1-7441605

I don't think there is a personal vendetta by anyone and it is not bullying to want to get to the truth, if they showed any remorse, accepted that they had made mistakes then maybe they would be left in peace but they still try and defend their actions, or lack or action, and fail to understand why people will continue to try and find out what went on, at least Evie has clarified some of the questions of where the missing horses are but they are not all accounted for.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
There were not in any way, shape or form, 15 dead bodies at the premises. This is entirely fictitious and was never even suggested by the Prosecution or in evidence.
There were no charges and no question what so ever that Rachelle Peel caused or contributed to the death of an animal.Rachelle Peel was found NOT GUILTY of any charge relating to the body condition score of any animal because evidence did not support this.

In May 2016, at the Prosecution's request, a pre-Appeal hearing was held, at which all charges and convictions against Rachelle Peel were quashed. The Prosecution stated that witnesses who had undergone rigorous cross examination during the trial, refused to appear.( One of the witnesses was cooper Wilson )
Because of the fraudulent clams he refused to turn up.

They were quashed because the witnesses refused to appear, because of the fraudulent claims.
that does not and never will mean that exemplary care was given to those animals while under the Peel's care, just that the prosecution turned into a complete farce. There was clearly enough evidence for the judge to convict initially.

Last edited:

LadySam

Visit site
There were not in any way, shape or form, 15 dead bodies at the premises. This is entirely fictitious and was never even suggested by the Prosecution or in evidence.
There were no charges and no question what so ever that Rachelle Peel caused or contributed to the death of an animal.Rachelle Peel was found NOT GUILTY of any charge relating to the body condition score of any animal because evidence did not support this.

In May 2016, at the Prosecution's request, a pre-Appeal hearing was held, at which all charges and convictions against Rachelle Peel were quashed. The Prosecution stated that witnesses who had undergone rigorous cross examination during the trial, refused to appear.( One of the witnesses was cooper Wilson )
Rachelle and Evie Peel were told by certain individuals in a professional standing that all the horses were alive and indeed some had been re-homed. This was proved to be a lie when it was discovered during the trial that the many of the horses had been shot and were dead at the time this statement was made.
Cooper Wilson had made a very serious cock up and had shot the wrong horses resulting in some of the horses are still missing (FACT)

Open discussion is fine if it is the truth. A majority of what has been posted on social media is exaggerated or false. What has been written in this post is FACT and can be validated. i have no reason to lie.

Careful there. You've forgotten your spelling mistakes and dickslecskia, mysterious stranger.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
We're any of you there? NO , so stop passing judgment [...] If you have such a personal vendetta against this innocent family, then go and see them in person.

I wasn't present, I have seen photographic and video evidence that is convincing and was admitted in court (and no one has claimed it has been faked) so I feel perfectly entitled to pass judgement, I have no desire to ever meet any of them.

I have worked at and stabled my horses at many working farms, my neighbours have working farms now. As a teenager I spent time at hunt kennels, and worked at a huge trekking and breeding yard with more than 200 horses. I have recently visited a very overworked local horse rescue staffed entirely by volunteers. None of them had stables that looked like that.

Bare hoof

Visit site
I wasn't present, I have seen photographic and video evidence that is convincing and was admitted in court (and no one has claimed it has been faked) so I feel perfectly entitled to pass judgement, I have no desire to ever meet any of them.

I have worked at and stabled my horses at many working farms, my neighbours have working farms now. As a teenager I spent time at hunt kennels, and worked at a huge trekking and breeding yard with more than 200 horses. I have recently visited a very overworked local horse rescue staffed entirely by volunteers. None of them had stables that looked like that.

You've obviously not been on a working cow and pig farm then , where the animals are deep littered threw the winter.

saalsk

Visit site
You've obviously not been on a working cow and pig farm then , where the animals are deep littered threw the winter.

You do know the difference between good care using the deep litter system, and allowing animals to live in dreadful conditions, neglect and die, without you so much as noticing, let alone caring ? You can argue and try to plead the pity case all you want. Anyone seeing those images knows what you are.

LadySam

Visit site
But we're not talking about cows or pigs, are we? Why are you even here, Bare hoof? You are clearly not going to change anybody's mind. Despite the fact that the RSPCA totally cocked up the prosecution case, it is FACT AND CAN BE VERIFIED that there were seven dead horses, and so many others in such a dire state that TWO welfare charities had to step in. There is irrefutable photographic evidence of all this.

If your beloved, hard-done-by Peels just want to put this in the past and move on, why are you here keeping the discussion alive, trying to win an unwinnable argument?

Frumpoon

Visit site

Rachelle and Evie Peel were told by certain individuals in a professional standing that all the horses were alive and indeed some had been re-homed. This was proved to be a lie when it was discovered during the trial that the many of the horses had been shot and were dead at the time this statement was made.
Cooper Wilson had made a very serious cock up and had shot the wrong horses resulting in some of the horses are still missing (FACT)

Open discussion is fine if it is the truth. A majority of what has been posted on social media is exaggerated or false. What has been written in this post is FACT and can be validated. i have no reason to lie.

Your English has suddenly got better

darli

Visit site
I will defend Evie and her mum all the way as they are the victims , there poor horses ended up been neglected by the very organisation ( RSPCA) that is meant to care for and protect animals !!!! It is truly discusting what the RSPCA have done to this innocent family.

So why where they signed over. If nothing was wrong why hand them over to the RSPCA? They wouldn't have a hope in hell of taking any of mine just on an inspectors say so.

Bare hoof

Visit site
But we're not talking about cows or pigs, are we? Why are you even here, Bare hoof? You are clearly not going to change anybody's mind. Despite the fact that the RSPCA totally cocked up the prosecution case, it is FACT AND CAN BE VERIFIED that there were seven dead horses, and so many others in such a dire state that TWO welfare charities had to step in. There is irrefutable photographic evidence of all this.

If your beloved, hard-done-by Peels just want to put this in the past and move on, why are you here keeping the discussion alive, trying to win an unwinnable argument?

Because I don't like bullies !

saalsk

Visit site
Hmmmm yes let's look and define " abused animals " I think you need to look up the word " ABUSE "

I don't think I do. I have seen the images. The fact that you apparently found it acceptable, and justifiable, doesn't mean that it was. What a shame you didn't spend as much time and effort in looking after animals in your care, as you are with trolling forums trying to justify dead animals as being "not abusive".

Bare hoof

Visit site
I don't think I do. I have seen the images. The fact that you apparently found it acceptable, and justifiable, doesn't mean that it was. What a shame you didn't spend as much time and effort in looking after animals in your care, as you are with trolling forums trying to justify dead animals as being "not abusive".
Well for someone who's an ex officer I've seen my fair share of abuse , and those photos were taken at the equine support centre which is based at raskelf the GG centre as I took them ! Case closed !!