The Peel case horses - the lost ones

paddi22

Visit site
People know who I am iam not hiding like some people do
I don't know who you are or many people on here as they hide behind there keyboard , what's the point in that , I have nothing to hide

eh just to reiterate. nobody has any idea who you are, unless you are from some indian tribe and barefoot is your actual name

ossy

Visit site
Why exactly were witnesses allowed to duck out of appeal - especially the ones paid by the RSCA? What is Cooper Wilson doing now - still communicating with horses?

He's had his gun licence taken off him ,but is still shooting horses. illegally!!![/QUOTE]

Due to this case or due to incident with the GG Center shooting and dumping?

Siennasong

Visit site
I have just read through the whole thread and am stuck for words. This is unbelievable. This whole abuse makes my heart hurt so much and I just feel so angry the Peels are allowed to keep animals! Are they at least being monitered? Please some one tell me they are being watched closely! Also, Barefoot, you are a disgrace and this will be my first and last post on this thread but wanted to say you also should not be allowed to keep animals. Reading your comments, you don't seem to think the conditions of the dogs or horses were bad at all, you think the video is ok and that things don't look so bad. If this is your view on animal care then you should not be allowed anywhere near animals. My heart aches when I find out people like you are involved in the animal world. Poor poor things.. Please just go away and shut up because you are not helping in any way with your pathetic 'defence'. There is no defence. Or as others have mentioned, please stay and continue to post so this stays in the public eye.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
1 - Rachelle was innocent all along and it was cooper that was the witness.
2- the video was not taken by me but by a colleague
3-dont know about the dogs as I did not deal with them.
4-iam defending them because there are a nice, honest, Decent family that has been targeted. And the notes we were handed from the case said they had dug up 2 horses at the farm to Clarify there identity.
5-yes 12 were returned as 2 were rehomed there was 14 altogether to be returned but 2 were found homes. Sorry if that got confusion.

Who gave you the notes from the case? Who wrote these notes that you say are so correct?

The papers are not that accurate if you listen to newspaper articles then you are a long way from the truth. The two horses that were buried ... Let me rephrase that BURIED . You know like a pet , or a loved one in a church yard. If you read Evie's statement on Arabian lines they had died of sycamore poison.
Hmmm yes and the 7 carcasses you state were put forward in court . Were you there at the hearing ? or was it what the papers have said , which quite frankly is a load of lies.

Well if you believe Evie's statement yes, apparently they conveniently did. Of course the papers are not always wholly accurate but they are pretty well practiced in reporting court proceedings (by which I do not mean the daily fail) and 5 non dead horses would be a lot.

Your welcome
The video is not that clear but yes I could see it needed cleaning out where the dogs were . Compared to the cases I've delt with over the years this was not as dirty as some I have seen , but still yes i agree needed a clean out. From what I could see the dogs condition was fine . Same as the majority of the horses.

So only the majority of the horses were in fine condition? Do the rest not matter as far as you are concerned then?

So the dogs needed cleaning out but not the horses? they just needed a sprinkle of morning straw on top that clearly was happening every morning given the state of the pens.

Last edited:

FreyaBean

Visit site
eh just to reiterate. nobody has any idea who you are, unless you are from some indian tribe and barefoot is your actual name

That's the best thing I've read all night 😂

It seems questions are still being avoided and deflected.
Why do you seem to have a personal vendetta against Cooper Wilson?

ester

Visit site
'RACHELLE PEEL, 56, of Brookhouse Green Farm, Slaidburn.
Dead horses left in muddy Slaidburn field
An animal charity worker has told how he found horses sharing a muddy field with the carcasses of dead horses.
Other horses living in buildings around the remote Slaidburn farmhouse were kept in “appalling” conditions, although their bodily condition was good.
Giving evidence on the second day of the trial of Rachelle Peel, Mr Peter Bartlett said he had attended at Brookhouse Green Farm, Slaidburn, after the Horses and Ponies Protection Association received information there was a dead horse in a field.
He saw seven living horses in a muddy field that he described as “bottomless”. Mr Bartlett set off to walk up the field but had to turn back after sinking up to his knees. He went up the side and when he reached higher ground discovered the carcasses of two horses, one with a rug on and the other without.'

So you are suggesting Mr Bartlett is wrong to say he saw the carcasses of two horses, because they were both buried? one with a rug on? and had somehow worked their way to the surface?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
OK, at the risk of breaking forum rules, Bare Hoof and I have been having a PM exchange. As part of this exchange she claimed to be one person and friend with another, a police woman. Her latest message claims to be an ex police woman and mentions the first person she claimed to be as a third person. Quite honestly, she doesn't sound quite 'on this planet' and I suggest that we all stop engaging with her.

Wella

Visit site
The Happa rep saw them first when they went to investigate at Brookhouse Green Farm. Other carcases were later found at the Peel's barn in Knotts Lane when the Happa rep called in the Police and RSPCA.

With regard the witnesses, I can only assume that after the first hearing, some witnesses may have became what's known as a 'hostile witness' and were not happy about going to Crown Court on the Appeal. I would suggest this may have included Cooper Wilson and perhaps the vets (who also found difficulty, (not surprisingly) in keeping accurate records, allegedly) I think it would be difficult for the RSPCA to go ahead with the appeal with their main witnesses not completely happy because of the public outcry after the first trial. Although I wouldn't have thought the Police,who were involved and gave evidence as witnesses the first time round, were bothered whether they had to go to Crown court or not on Appeal.

I'm not sure any dead horses had to be 'dug up' I understand that the carcases were easily visible.

Yes Happa did go in first then realised it was to big for them and got the RSCA i . I'm sure the first report was by Happa.

Bare hoof

Visit site
'RACHELLE PEEL, 56, of Brookhouse Green Farm, Slaidburn.
Dead horses left in muddy Slaidburn field
An animal charity worker has told how he found horses sharing a muddy field with the carcasses of dead horses.
Other horses living in buildings around the remote Slaidburn farmhouse were kept in “appalling” conditions, although their bodily condition was good.
Giving evidence on the second day of the trial of Rachelle Peel, Mr Peter Bartlett said he had attended at Brookhouse Green Farm, Slaidburn, after the Horses and Ponies Protection Association received information there was a dead horse in a field.
He saw seven living horses in a muddy field that he described as “bottomless”. Mr Bartlett set off to walk up the field but had to turn back after sinking up to his knees. He went up the side and when he reached higher ground discovered the carcasses of two horses, one with a rug on and the other without.'

So you are suggesting Mr Bartlett is wrong to say he saw the carcasses of two horses, because they were both buried? one with a rug on? and had somehow worked their way to the surface?

That is only what he claims , where is his evidence in the court or law ?

ester

Visit site
Ah, he must be wrong then clearly, and under oath too :eek3: I hope he was taken for contempt of court then.

You do understand the whole point of witnesses? and that presumably he was of previously good character given his position? Or do HAPPA have a vendetta against the Peels too? What a dreadful judge to have used the evidence from witnesses at trial....

Essentially there was sufficient evidence for Rachelle to be convicted by a judge on 4 counts of neglect. That is all I need to know, that and my own eyes of the state of the horses, the majority of which you say were fine, like the rest don't matter as far as you are concerned!

And the dogs needed cleaning but the horses just needed some straw on top yes? I don't want to have misconstrued what you have said.

Last edited:

Merlod

Visit site
The denial, empty legal threats and complete disregard of the evidence of the 7+ deceased horses and skeletons, seemingly trying to restore a good reputation for the peels smacks of Rachelle. I'm not buying your bull, and neither does it seem even one other person is. You won't be able to leave this behind, you are pure evil - you may have gotten away with it in the courts due to major F ups by the RSPCA but what you did will never be forgotten and definitely not forgiven however hard you try to convince

FreyaBean

Visit site
The peels are all bloody guilty of despicable cruelty, neglect and abuse. Add arrogance on top and you've got 3 people who should never have been allowed near animals after the first account of neglect - the 67 sheep. Sorry, not sorry. If an animal dies, you do the decent thing and dispose of correctly.
But no.
Sickening people. And as far as I care, anyone associating with them or defending them, you're just as awful as they are.

FreyaBean

Visit site
The denial, empty legal threats and complete disregard of the evidence of the 7+ deceased horses and skeletons, seemingly trying to restore a good reputation for the peels smacks of Rachelle. I'm not buying your bull, and neither does it seem even one other person is. You won't be able to leave this behind, you are pure evil - you may have gotten away with it in the courts due to major F ups by the RSPCA but what you did will never be forgotten and definitely not forgiven however hard you try to convince

Well said

Last edited:

ester

Visit site
Gosh, hell of a risk to lie in court in his position.

By the way can you sort out quoting properly! you can't keep taking the [/QUOTE] bit off the end!

As usual you aren't going to answer any of the other questions in my post either then about the majority of the horses being ok, meaning you accept some were not?
and that the dogs but not the horses needed cleaning out?

Bare hoof

Visit site
Gosh, hell of a risk to lie in court in his position.

By the way can you sort out quoting properly! you can't keep taking the
bit off the end!

As usual you aren't going to answer any of the other questions in my post either then about the majority of the horses being ok, meaning you accept some were not?
and that the dogs but not the horses needed cleaning out?[/QUOTE]

Sorry ester iam trying to answers everybody's questions . I've only got one pair of hands to type and iam trying to get threw everyone. What was your question please.

ester

Visit site
Ok I will ask again, with quotes again, you answered my first question on the post which had 3 quotes from you so you could see which statements I was questioning but only addressed the first one so you obviously read it in part. It is irritating to have to go back through and sort the quotes out again so you can ask the question yet again.

Your welcome
The video is not that clear but yes I could see it needed cleaning out where the dogs were . Compared to the cases I've delt with over the years this was not as dirty as some I have seen , but still yes i agree needed a clean out. From what I could see the dogs condition was fine . Same as the majority of the horses.

You say here that the majority of the horses were in fine condition? Are you therefore accepting that some of the horses were not? In which case which ones?
You state that the dogs needed cleaning out yet earlier stated that wasn't the case for the horses, they were being deep littered in shelters next to their field hence the mud/faeces etc, do you actually mean that? because to me the conditions were pretty comparable.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
OK, at the risk of breaking forum rules, Bare Hoof and I have been having a PM exchange. As part of this exchange she claimed to be one person and friend with another, a police woman. Her latest message claims to be an ex police woman and mentions the first person she claimed to be as a third person. Quite honestly, she doesn't sound quite 'on this planet' and I suggest that we all stop engaging with her.

I am not the only person with this experience. Is there really any point in continuing this discussion with this person?

Bare hoof

Visit site
Ok I will ask again, with quotes again, you answered my first question on the post which had 3 quotes from you so you could see which statements I was questioning but only addressed the first one so you obviously read it in part. It is irritating to have to go back through and sort the quotes out again so you can ask the question yet again.

You say here that the majority of the horses were in fine condition? Are you therefore accepting that some of the horses were not? In which case which ones?
You state that the dogs needed cleaning out yet earlier stated that wasn't the case for the horses, they were being deep littered in shelters next to their field hence the mud/faeces etc, do you actually mean that? because to me the conditions were pretty comparable.

Yes the majority of the horses were fine some needed attention IE: needed there feet trimmed and had rain scald( was not severe) which again needed treatment. The older horses needed More attention. Some of the horses were muddy and needed cleaning , which we were not allowed to do.
I never said that the horses didn't need cleaning out because they did.
Yes the conditions were not great but did needed seeing to. But I was not there so I can't comment on the actual state it was as iam only going off the photographic evidence and notes that we were given.
I hope I have answered your question.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The papers are not that accurate if you listen to newspaper articles then you are a long way from the truth. The two horses that were buried ... Let me rephrase that BURIED . You know like a pet , or a loved one in a church yard. If you read Evie's statement on Arabian lines they had died of sycamore poison.
Hmmm yes and the 7 carcasses you state were put forward in court . Were you there at the hearing ? or was it what the papers have said , which quite frankly is a load of lies.

how did the peels know that the dead horses died of sycamore poisoning? were the horses ill previous to dying was a vet called ? because if they were just found dead in a field how would anyone know how they died without a post mortem? ? ? ?

Dave's Mam

Visit site
This is getting ridiculous. Bare Hoof, I think it's about time you backed yourself up & actually ANSWERED the questions asked of you.
You claim to have information & identities & facts. If these are facts, state them.

chillipup

Visit site
........ But I was not there so I can't comment on the actual state it was as iam only going off the photographic evidence and notes that we were given.
I hope I have answered your question.

Good god, I thought all your posts were based on you being a witness and actually physically being there!! with Equine Support Services or were you with the Police? If you weren't there how the hell do you know what really happened? You are going on the 'photographic evidence' and the 'notes' you were given? Why not just draw us a bleddy picture, it would have been far more entertaining.

chillipup

Visit site
how did the peels know that the dead horses died of sycamore poisoning? were the horses ill previous to dying was a vet called ? because if they were just found dead in a field how would anyone know how they died without a post mortem? ? ? ?

And one of the poor dead sods was still wearing a rug. That just about sums this dreadful case up. Left to die in a filthy midden without anyone given a toss.