The sacked horse hitting ex teacher is going to court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birker2020

Visit site
And here we go again. Pretty sure that would fall under undignified behavior.

Its really, really boring when the discussion gets rail roaded like this. Could you try and stop it or at least tone it down? People cant even put you on ignore as then nothing makes sense as the comments keep coming.
So you think its okay for me to get insulted when my viewpoint differs do you? You think its okay to hurl abuse at me
And here we go again. Pretty sure that would fall under undignified behavior.

Its really, really boring when the discussion gets rail roaded like this. Could you try and stop it or at least tone it down? People cant even put you on ignore as then nothing makes sense as the comments keep coming.
I will not be patronised and i will not be insulted because my viewpoint is different. And I'm sorry if you don't like it but i do not insult people the way PAS insults me.

Birker2020

Visit site
No, you are commenting from a position where you have a little knowledge, gained second hand. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Other posters who were fully trained on the processes and have been fully active participants for the full processes from start to finish have commented that you are mistaken but you with your note taking gained knowledge have decided you know better.
My viewpoint is no less than yours and i am no less worthy than you.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm not at all sure that the wider general public (from whom the jury will be selected) regard the RSPCA with as much disdain as many HHOers seem to think that they do.

I think that, on the whole, the RSPCA is fondly regarded as a force for the good and that they do what it says on the tin.

I'm remembering that having heard some details of a case before trial doesn't preclude you from serving as a juror on that trial, but you must declare if you know any of the defendants or witnesses personally. If you do know anyone, you are stood down from that case.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I just hope you and PAS who think someone like this has done nothing wrong aren't teachers.

NOBODY on this thread has said that she has done nothing wrong, and you know full well that PaS has had a long career as a teacher and then senior advisor in education.

Please stop trying to paint yourself as a victim while you give completely incorrect information, which then needs correcting, and follow up by misrepresenting what other people have written.

Last edited:
Visit site
Pearlsasinger You do not me to stand by everything you have said but I do anyway. I am a long time lurker and have the highest respect for you. Well done for putting Birker2020 in her place. Nothing I have ever seen of hers has been decent and she had a obnoxiously high opinion of herself.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Pearlsasinger You do not me to stand by everything you have said but I do anyway. I am a long time lurker and have the highest respect for you. Well done for putting Birker2020 in her place. Nothing I have ever seen of hers has been decent and she had a obnoxiously high opinion of herself.

Well she probably doesn’t live in London so is probably well beneath the londoner in our midst.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

I find this a very odd post by a forum member who only joined 2 days ago, even if you are a long term lurker.

Birker often contributes good stuff to the forum. She does not have a high opinion of herself at all, probably quite the reverse as her overreaction and defensiveness to implied or actual criticism frequently gets her into hot water on the forum.

She's a good person at heart. You, after this post and your comments about York and Yorkshire earlier today, I'm not yet sure about.

I suspect that TP's Dunroamin alert might be spot on.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
My viewpoint is no less than yours and i am no less worthy than you.

Actually, I know that there is a popular idea that all views are equally valid.

But they're not. Some people have expertise which others lack.

You'd be unlikely (and unwise) to believe me when I offer medical advice for example (I am not a doctor) but quite likely and wise to believe my cousins (they are).

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I'm not at all sure that the wider general public (from whom the jury will be selected) regard the RSPCA with as much disdain as many HHOers seem to think that they do.

I think that, on the whole, the RSPCA is fondly regarded as a force for the good and that they do what it says on the tin.

I'm remembering that having heard some details of a case before trial doesn't preclude you from serving as a juror on that trial, but you must declare if you know any of the defendants or witnesses personally. If you do know anyone, you are stood down from that case.

Yeah, I think she would have stood better chance of being let off by a magistrate tbh. I was surprised when I read she was going for jury trial. I guess it must be a combination of being out of touch (not a stretch given her response to all this so far), and having little left to lose. ?

Wish she would just plead guilty, take her punishment and move on tbh. Can't see this jury trial shenanigans doing her or the wider equestrian community any favours.

Upthecreek

Visit site
Extreme case of whataboutery!!!

Not worth an answer

You said “I don’t believe that the video alone is sufficient to prove animal cruelty”. So if the same video showed the same woman hitting and kicking a child instead of a horse would it be sufficient to prove child cruelty?

conniegirl

Visit site
You said “I don’t believe that the video alone is sufficient to prove animal cruelty”. So if the same video showed the same woman hitting and kicking a child instead of a horse would it be sufficient to prove child cruelty?
Unfortunately as in a few cases recently, a terrified, confused,starved, bruised, beaten child begging for someone to love them is not enough for a social worker to deem it child abuse. Seems to take a death before they fo anything

RaposadeGengibre

Visit site

If said child is a 500kg iron shoed beast?... well...probably not, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.