The sacked horse hitting ex teacher is going to court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birker2020

Visit site
They're making an example of her because the story went viral. That said, I don't know what they think the case will achieve?
I expect they think it will put off anyone else.

The woman that tried to drown her dog Bella, only got a 12 month community order. I don't think anything major will come of it (hunting woman) if the case doesn't meet the threshold for a custodial sentence (which is highly unlikely).

Last edited:

mini_b

Visit site
I don't condone what this woman did and how she acted, but as far as "abuse" goes, I would think there are bigger fish to fry.

harry evans? he’s “viral” in the horse world, just because joe bloggs hasn’t seen him batter a horses teeth out in a video in a news rag he’s still getting away with it.

i think this woman has been vilified by the public and her peers, (quite rightly so really) but for her to lose her job, go to court. I absolutely do not condone her behaviour but i do not think the punishment fits the crime.

Honestly, if this was me in this situation I would be suicidal.

Arzada

Visit site
I don't condone what this woman did and how she acted, but as far as "abuse" goes, I would think there are bigger fish to fry.
It's easier to pick on the 'little' people. Like elderly ladies sitting in their communal garden in the summer socially distanced etc rather than eg people in a similar garden in Downing Street.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
What a waste of Charity money. This is why the RSPCA does not get a penny from me.

So many BIG issues in animal welfare and they will happily blow £20k on this bit of self serving marketing by undertaking a civil case like this. The money they will spend could pay for staffing, vet care etc

AdorableAlice

Visit site
What a waste of Charity money. This is why the RSPCA does not get a penny from me.

So many BIG issues in animal welfare and they will happily blow £20k on this bit of self serving marketing by undertaking a civil case like this. The money they will spend could pay for staffing, vet care etc

Spot on. They are totally not fit for purpose.

onemoretime

Visit site

The RSPCA are against hunting, it is more likely that this is their chance to get back at someone who hunts! Ive seen far worse at competitions over the years, although I am not condoning what she did but I do feel she has been punished enough.

TPO

Visit site
What I find to be the saddest part of this is that all/nearly all of us can say that we have witnessed the same types of behaviours, if not worse.

Isn't it upsetting that this type of behaviour towards horses is verging on the "norm" and that there are people so willing to dismiss it because "people lose their tempers"?

I don't know where I stand exactly in regards to this person's behaviour. If she hadn't have done something "wrong" she wouldn't be in any bother. So whether what she did was a big wrong or a small wrong it's still a wrong?

She's probably also had that type of behaviour normalised. She has lost her job, is going to court and no doubt has had a very hard time of it since she took the action that she did.

To me I don't know if "it was only..." excuses the behaviour or if this, possibly OTT, action is required to try and stamp out the "low level" violence towards horses.

Perhaps this womans case will make others who are a bit handsy think twice or learn to control their tempers? Perhaps the sacking and court case will empower others to speak up when they see similar instead of being worn down to accept that this is what happens sometimes.

Honestly some of the replies in the various threads about this woman have been more distressing than what she did but that's the joy of the Internet I guess.

Last edited:

RHM

Visit site
I think there is no denying her actions and behaviour are wrong. No one can condone what she did. However, surely when bringing cases to court there has to be an element of what is in the public’s best interest?
This will cost a absolute fortune to vilify someone even further. It’s absolutely ridiculous, she won’t be anywhere near the bar for a custodial sentence. I sense they are merely jumping on the bandwagon in the hope of a bit of publicity.

Birker2020

Visit site
Did you see the video?

Also, I'm not arguing whether or not the action was appropriate because it wasn't. Perhaps my point was missed.
Yes I saw the video. But given by what I said last time on the subject (given I had two years experience gained within a POT team) and the resultant threat inimated towards me, I think its safer to pretend not to admit to knowing anything. :D

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Yes I saw the video. But given by what I said last time on the subject (given I had two years experience gained within a POT team) and the resultant threat inimated towards me, I think its safer to pretend not to admit to knowing anything. :D
That is a very serious allegation, if you believe that a threat was intimated towards you, the I would hope that you reported the threat to admin.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

Which tbf, you don't really. Not compared with those who have real experience of working in the field

SEL

Visit site
She shouldn't have lost her temper but I wasn't exactly polite to my mare when she squashed me against the gate in a tizz last week. I didn't think at the time it justified her losing her job and I don't think it justifies a court case either.

I'm another who stopped donating to the RSPCA after failing to get them interested in genuine abuse so now support smaller charities

Nicnac

Visit site
What she did was wrong, there's no denying that fact. Whether we have seen the same or worse elsewhere is sad but not pertinent here.

The RSPCA are using this as a marketing exercise as we all know they are near to useless in the majority of cases.

This woman has suffered enough - she's lost her job, her PC position, been vilified on social media, her children have suffered.

Last edited:

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I suppose it depends whether it was a sustained attack or just a quick punch/kick neither of which are appropriate.

Ah, ok. Your first quote made it sound like you didn't see the video or weren't sure about what had happened. Perhaps I misread.

If there was a threat, I hope you reported it and that it was dealt with.

Birker2020

Visit site
Which tbf, you don't really. Not compared with those who have real experience of working in the field
I know enough about the work done with LADO and in the field of position of trust and if someone works in a position of trust and a referral is made against them that it has to be investigated.
If it is investigated and on the balance of the transference of risk there is a case to be made then a meeting will be held and the matter may be investigated further by the appropriate agencies and the POI may be asked to attend additional training or they may be sacked dependent on a number of factors of which we are not and will not be party to.

I don't think anything that I have said about any of it was incorrect. But if you choose to beg to differ then that is up to you and I couldn't care less. Going home now.

Last edited:

meleeka

Visit site
I think there is no denying her actions and behaviour are wrong. No one can condone what she did. However, surely when bringing cases to court there has to be an element of what is in the public’s best interest?
This will cost a absolute fortune to vilify someone even further. It’s absolutely ridiculous, she won’t be anywhere near the bar for a custodial sentence. I sense they are merely jumping on the bandwagon in the hope of a bit of publicity.

There was a similar prosecution local to me last year of a fairly well know dealer. It could have been that the RSPCA have just decided to actually do something, but seeing as though the scum that really abuse animals are still carrying on, sticking two fingers up at the law as they usually do, I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just high profile people/videos that they deem worthy of a prosecution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.