The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

cm2581

Visit site
Woohoo!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!! I cried when I met my little bubs! I had had about an hours sleep before and managed about an hr afterwards then had to go start a two day trailer driving training course followed by my test which thankfully I passed! But by god I was tired!!

Natch

Visit site
Yay! Brilliant news!!

I think the afterbirth thing is fairly normal. I remember reading you can tie it up with baking twine if mum is in danger of stepping on it, and that it will come out naturally and dont pull it out. Has foaie suckled yet? :)

Keep all the placenta and stuff, the vet will want to check thay it's all come out okay.

Can't wait to see a pic! (Not hassling you for you, after school/at a convenient point in studying obv). :D

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Abbie get some twine and tie up after birth up high on the after birth. You don't want mom stepping on it and ripping out. She will most likely get down to dispel as if she was foaling again. As your vet is coming he will advise.

Congratulations Abbie and Tessy!

Terri

Worried1

Visit site
Hurrah! Afterbirth will hang for a while then drop, collect it and place in a clean bucket so you spread it out for vet and ensure its all been delivered.
Can't wait for pictures :)

mynutmeg

Visit site
Oh dear lord foal is here a little skewbald !! Not sure of gender yet !!! Waiting for vet as afterbirth is hanging out of Tess is this normal ??!?!

Yay!!!! finally!! well done tessy bear!

It can take a couple of hours for the afterbirth to come out - it should be out within 3-4 hours tho. Vet is in the way so don't worry too much. As others have said try to tie it up either on itself or to her tail so she doesn't stand on it and rip it or pull it out before it's ready to come.

Photos are a requirement as soon as possible :D:D:D

Did you manage to see the birth?

HazyXmas

Visit site
SOOOOOOOO pleased for you.

I hope that everything is ok & mummy & baby are doing well?

You take care Abbie, try & get some sleep today, you've been through a rollercoaster few weeks.

Bigs hugs to you all xxx

RaYandFinn

Visit site
Oh Abbie I'm thrilled for you! How wonderful. Big Congrats. :)

You have handled everything so brilliantly. Glad Tess and Mini T are ok. Now you can relax a touch and enjoy all those foal kisses! :D

*big hugs*