The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

suffolkmare

Visit site
Cut yourself some slack what will be will be. Your exams will be fine don't panic at this stage, you've done the ground work and now is just the time to revise, make notes, read them through. The answers are already in there just dig them out when you need to.

Tessy has been through this before and knows better than most of us and will deliver in her own time. Chin up honey, we are all proud of you already, nothing to prove.

Well said.
Big hugs Abbie, you're allowed to be human, and sleeplessness gets to us all. It looks like the waiting may be over soon, and you can catch up then. It's been said many times already but Tessy is so lucky to have you. :)

Liath

Visit site
Hugs Abbie- you may not feel like you're coping very well, but from where we are standing it looks very much like you're doing a better job of holding it all together than most of us would be!

If you need someone to off load onto- even about your 'self inflicted' stuff, I'm right here, as are many more of you and Tessy's HHO Aunties!

Take it from an old fart- whatever is going on for you right now might seem like an impossible mountain to climb right now, but in a year it will all be a faint memory- apart from Mini T of course!! X

Queenbee

Visit site
Thanks guys but I'm not really such a strong person at all I'm crumbling on the inside under everything, it's hard to stay ontop I'm far from a perfect daughter and realising that quickly now :( no sleep,exams,grandad getting worse and added stress from something else (self inflicted) is taking it's toll I need a foal hug ?!

Tb, control the things you can...
Sadly you can't control the foal or your grandad, on this you have to breath and let whatever will be, unfold.

You can control your exams... That is all you can control... Focus on these. Don't let anything distract you from that.

Can I reccomend that as hard as it is you stay away from HHO until foal is here, you need to be studying and not chatting on here. We are not your priority and I think a lot of people on here are forgetting you have more important things to do. Exciting as a foal is, you only get one shot at these exams (within reason) x

Foal will arrive when foal wants to arrive x

Racergirl

Visit site
This is true - though I'm sure abbie knows that and isn't on here other than when she's able to - its not like she bunks off lessons to come in here and chat, I just presume she's in here in her down time from school or study. (Unlike me who would have been in here constantly instead of the stuff I'm meant to be doing - I hated revising!!) so glad smart phones and he Internet weren't around when I was at school !!!! :D

Good philosophy for life that a lot of people forget IMO - don't sweat the stuff you can't control, things will happen as and when they are meant to.

:)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Morning :)

You know what you need Abbie ? A damn good cry, all out wailing including snot and dribble, it'll make you feel much better. Failing that a group hug :D

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Abbie foalwatch gets to us all even when it's your job. We took in mare's for foaling plus our own. We had cameras and split foalwatch but for me sleep in 4 hour shifts doesn't work now that I'm old. Then in the morning it was the riding job and taking care of the the rest of the inmates. I was beyond exhausted. Once they're here you have other things to deal with. I don't really miss mare's foaling. I like's me sleep!

You have many more things on your plate than I did. Tessy has done this before. Tessy has probably done this on her own before. I agree with other posters that say conventrate on the things you can. When foal is born update and then relax. When school is over and you get a break everyone will be happy for your updates but we're not entitled. We all know you're doing your very best.

Terri

tessybear

Visit site
Oh dear lord foal is here a little skewbald !! Not sure of gender yet !!! Waiting for vet as afterbirth is hanging out of Tess is this normal ??!?!

bignosesmum

Visit site
Yay :D

Cant comment on afterbirth but would imagine that as long as it is on its way out it is ok. Main thing is that baby made it out safe.

So happy for you :)

quirky

Visit site
It isn't abnormal to hold onto the placenta, an injection normally does the trick.
I look forward to seeing pics of little one later!

Merrymoles

Visit site
Fantastic! Hope alls well. Lots of best wishes and you can have that cry now. Off to do horses but can't wait to log back in. Congratulations Abbie and tb xxx

Willeeckers

Visit site
Yeah, so glad she's finally had her little one :D I'm another one who's be lurking on this thread patiently waiting for tessy to pop.

No idea re afterbirth but hope they are both healthy and happy.

ribbons

Visit site
As magicmadge says, placenta will hang for a while before expulsion. We usually tie up to stop mare stepping on it and confusing the inspection for tears.
Best to get vet to do a good check on mare and baby generally, and get your stud friends to oversee suckling and meconium passing. Then relax and enjoy. Huge congratulations.