The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

morrismob

Visit site
Yikes that came out badly I don't mean that being a '17 year old girl' is a bad thing or anything to generally look down on it is simply that I wouldn't have predicted that I would look up to somebody so much my junior, shows that age is nothing, actions are what count.
(Why do I feel like I grabbed a spade and just keep on digging my hole?)

Don't.. I thought it was well said. The reason this thread has grabbed us all is mainly because of Abbie. The way she has coped and kept us informed has drawn us in and her parents should be and I am sure are very proud of her. Now Tessy over to you ! :p

Fjord

Visit site
I've been checking in periodically and just listened to the Chris Evans bit, it's fantastic! Tessybear is famous!

Nicnac

Visit site
OH has been away for a few days and can't believe TB hasn't popped yet. He's now convinced she won't foal until her belly touches the floor :eek:

Just listened to CE show as was already at work this morning when it was on - famous!

Broadchurch is a great name for mini T ;)

Jingleballs

Visit site
I've not replied to this thread before but have been watching it like a hawk!

Just wanted to say good luck for when foalie comes!!! I'm sure you'll need a long sleep after all this waiting!

sav123

Visit site
Did my "last" check of the night before I walked the dog, but just *had* to check again when I got back. And will check again first thing tomorrow. Just like I did this morning. I've never felt the need to look at HHO in the mornings until now - I'm addicted!! It's just too exciting!!

HHO is going to go into meltdown when MiniT finally decides to grace us with his/her presence.

*not really bouncing up & down on my seat like an impatient child. Honest*

ralph and maverick

Visit site
Just caught up since this afternoon, after seeing how many more pages since I last checked, I was sure she had popped!!
*disappointed!*
Will be back 1st thing, to hopefully see pics of Mini T! :)

Racergirl

Visit site
Im off to bed now, have got to the stage where my mum asks how many times Im awake in the night looking...

The dogs wake me up, honest.....

Fingers crossed its tonight - and Abbie - if it happens on a weeknight, dont forget to put a picture on the Radio 2 facebook page, they will love it !! :D

bumper

Visit site
Just checking in :)

I agree with others. As I said before (a few hundred pages back!) ....I'd be so proud of your mature attitude if I was your Mum TB. You are one lovely young lady :)

Ladyinred

Visit site
Just checking in :)

I agree with others. As I said before (a few hundred pages back!) ....I'd be so proud of your mature attitude if I was your Mum TB. You are one lovely young lady :)

She really is a star, I know I would be proud to be her Mum.

Four weeks ago this was her worst nightmare and in that short time she has coped brilliantly adjusting to the idea, plus doing exam revision and a theory test!! Not forgetting her Grandad in hospital and finding a horse to ride. That lot would have many of us reaching for the Prozac.. not Abbie, she carries on and even manages to be very funny and keep us updated with pics every day.

Abbie, you deserve to go far in life and follow all your dreams!

tessybear

Visit site
Thanks guys but I'm not really such a strong person at all I'm crumbling on the inside under everything, it's hard to stay ontop I'm far from a perfect daughter and realising that quickly now :( no sleep,exams,grandad getting worse and added stress from something else (self inflicted) is taking it's toll I need a foal hug ?!

Mariposa

Visit site
Aaw Abbie! Just think, as soon as you see that little velvety muzzle it'll all be worth it :) Hope you are ok, chin up, you are doing amazingly

patchypony

Visit site
Thanks guys but I'm not really such a strong person at all I'm crumbling on the inside under everything, it's hard to stay ontop I'm far from a perfect daughter and realising that quickly now :( no sleep,exams,grandad getting worse and added stress from something else (self inflicted) is taking it's toll I need a foal hug ?!

You have so many people on here for support, all of which I'm sure are more than willing for you to pm one of us and have a moan and offload some stress.
What HHO aunties are for! :D
What was TB's hash tag? :D

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Don't beat yourself up abbie, I'm the same age as you and I really wouldn't have coped atall with what you've been through recently. All the exams and foal stress will be over soon then you can relax with a gorgeous piebald colt ( ;) )
Chin up, if you need someone to talk to I'm always here :)

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Oh abbie, give yourself a break lovely :) (I say 'lovely' a lot too!) you have so much going on right now, and lack of sleep makes everything seem more stressful and difficult than when you've had a decent nights sleep.

Just look back at some of the lovely comments you've had on here. And the interest this thread has generated - that's all down to you! You should, rightly, be proud of the way you have handled everything that's been thrown at you recently - but your not super-human, you're allowed to have a little wobble if you need to (isn't that what our horses manes are for ? ;) :) )

There'll be a little foal soon for you to cuddle. :) but in the mean time, chin up chicken, soon you'll look back on all these long nights and days waiting, worrying and hoping and remember them with fondness (honestly) :) and you'll realise how the past month has changed you into the stronger, more grown up responsible person you've become.

Take care, look after yourself :) Tessy will foal when she's good and ready, and most likely when you're not looking :D

Racergirl

Visit site
Huge hug from me too (see how long I lasted - 0/10 for staying power!!!!) soon as the foal comes and you get proper sleep things will seem a lot brighter xxxx

morrismob

Visit site
Abbie its all been said but am I right that you are at the start of some very important exams ( is as or a level ?) you have a lovely mare which is now about to ( hopefully) foal totally out of the blue and a poorly grandfather ?

I have 3 kids, eldest is 20 tomorrow, 2nd is 17 and doing as's and 3rd is 15 and doing GCSE's. It is such a emotional rollercoast for you without Tessy's foal. You can't be the perfect daughter, no-one can, but you come damn close.

I watch my kids cope with all of this but without this added trauma and it's hard for you all. Cut yourself some slack what will be will be. Your exams will be fine don't panic at this stage, you've done the ground work and now is just the time to revise, make notes, read them through. The answers are already in there just dig them out when you need to.

Tessy has been through this before and knows better than most of us and will deliver in her own time. Chin up honey, we are all proud of you already, nothing to prove.