The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Huge congrats Tess & Abbie!!! She is a stunning ....not so little...cracker!!!:):):):)

I read Mudmudgloriousmud's post about calling her colt George as he was born on St George's Day & thought your new girl would suit the name Georgia (Almost Georgia for a show name?).

So chuffed for you! You have done so well in all of this. Exciting times ahead!:)

tessybear

Visit site
we quite like Dora ... Dora the explorer :D she is quite blonde and wobbly at the moment but the vet was suprised at how she swaggered over to her and went in for a rub :D such a friendly happy girl, Tess is feeling a little poo after having that injection to make her uterus contract poor girl !! Thank you once again everyone i am made up :)

Rachellouise1

Visit site
When I was younger, I had a mare that had a surprise foal. Your updates have been fabulous and have made great reading. We called her April Surprise, April for stable name. Take care Abbie and please keep us updated with pictures xx

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
How about Cariad (pronounced carryad) means love in Welsh. Or Merlod which just means pony. So many choices, whatever you choose she will 'grow' into it.:D

tiga71

Visit site
She is just stunning. What a love.

Congratulations. Amazingly gorgeous.

What a clever girl you have there to produce such a lovely baby.

Blurr

Visit site
Beautiful foal. I expect mum is quite pleased not be be carrying her around anymore.

I'd call her Dora Bella :)

Many congratulations. I'm afraid you're going to be wasting quite a bit of time foal watching now, they are the most distracting of babies.

Parachute

Visit site
we quite like Dora ... Dora the explorer :D she is quite blonde and wobbly at the moment but the vet was suprised at how she swaggered over to her and went in for a rub :D such a friendly happy girl, Tess is feeling a little poo after having that injection to make her uterus contract poor girl !! Thank you once again everyone i am made up :)

TessyBear she's absolutely gorgeous, Dora is a lovely name! Congratulations chick! (hugs) xxxx

dalesponydiva

Visit site
I've been a long time lurker on this thread :)

Well done Tessy Bear .., lovely lovely daughter. A perfect little baby.

You will all spend all your time looking at her perfect little hooves and body and little face....I know we did when next door's mare foaled!

All best wishes to you all x

B_2_B

Visit site
I have been following but not commenting on this, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you Abbie and Tessybear, miniT is just absolutely gorgeous :D
She is a chunky monkey isn't she?! :eek:

I like Minnie as a name too but you will soon find out what suits her, the amount of foal watching you will be doing :D

Bet Tessy is tired but relieved!

claracanter

Visit site
Such a gorgeous girl......Do any of the experts think she is part shire or something because of her size.

I love the name Dora

Congrats to you

touchstone

Visit site
I like Dora, a good strong foal like that needs a good strong name, I like old fashioned names for cobs and Dora is unusual too! Could be short for Theodora which means 'God's Gift.' :)

On the Hoof

Visit site

oh lovely name - its my mum's name although Im not sure she could be described as blonde, but she is definitely wobbly at 88 years old! LOL:D

putasocinit

Visit site
Oh she is lovely and so strong look at those legs (no wonder she took forever to make her appearance) congratulations. I do hope you have the chance to keep her and bring her on and go from there, she is a stunner could do lots of fantastic things, well done tess you did it finally. Abbie enjoy your day off school with your wee foalie.

Beausmate

Visit site
Yay! Congratulations to you both!! :D

Not surprised Tessy was so big-that's one good sized filly!! I've seen Shire foals that weren't that solid :eek:

I think you should call her Epic, after this thread!!:D:D:D

Congrats to Suffolkmare's friend too. Must be the sunshine that brought them out.

pootleperkin

Visit site
Long time lurker of the thread here - congrats to all - a lovely little filly and beautifully marked!

I think Dora is a great name too - we named one of my lurcher's pups Dora, for exactly the same reason reason - she was a bold little explorer - great name if you choose it!

sky1000

Visit site
Like many many others I have been lurking and checking this thread daily (or more often ..) so have just registered to post lots of congratulations to all involved. I too think Dora is a great name, strong and simple, and like someone has said Dora means gift - just right for a Bogof! But I am sure whatever you choose will be just right - you're the ones who've met her!

morrismob

Visit site
I like Dora, a good strong foal like that needs a good strong name, I like old fashioned names for cobs and Dora is unusual too! Could be short for Theodora which means 'God's Gift.' :)

Love Dora as a name, Theodora for posh. My daughter is Theodora but we call her Thea and its her birthday today !

Dunlin

Visit site
Massive congratulations. Yet another who has followed this daily (although minute by minute for the last few days!). A beautiful (not so) little filly, glad she is doing well and hope that Mum passes placenta soon and gets to snuggle down and relax with her (not so) little one.

Cuteness overload, congrats again, I have no idea what to do with my days now :D