The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Just a thought, but if H&H won't list this as one of the top 5 threads then how about Hovis giving Dolly a mention in his Blog. Perhaps he has sized her up as a potentional girlfriend.

I don't get H & H anymore so hadn't realised this wasn't listed in the Top 5 threads. :( Why on earth not, did they give a reason?

MissTyc

Visit site
She is so smashing!

My BOGOF was a super friendly coblet from day one ... Have to admit I did overdo with the petting which gave us some problems 5 years down the line, as the horse wants to live in the house and be with us instead of spending time with the other horses! Nothing a rather expensive "holiday" with a pro rider didn't sort out, mind you. She's well chuffed to have a field with horse friends now she knows how real horses live, all locked up and without instant human attention and stuff. It's hard not to love them a little toooo much!

Equinus

Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one who checked in automatically this morning!:eek:....at 5am!

Hope your two girls are well this morning Abbie, and you had some proper sleep last night.

HBM1

Visit site
I reckon Dolly will more than top that. Wonder if it is possible to guestimate at this stage?

You can do the string test - I have never done it but many do

take a measurement from mid knee to cornet band down the front of the leg, the length in inches is the height in hands.

Edited to add, obviously wait until her pasterns are fully straightened though :)

suffolkmare

Visit site
Love the video and super paddock photos, she is too gorgeous for words! And mum Tess so calm and sensible, just a little warning at the start of the vid, and then deliberately walking in front of the camera! She certainly knows her stuff where babies are concerned! Thank you so much for sharing all this with all of us, I can't wait to see little Willow again later today, and jealous of foaly cuddles, as we couldn't/wouldn't touch Willow yesterday.
Will try to post more photos and very short vid if laptop allows!

sandi_84

Visit site
OMG cuuuuute! :D:D:D
Crikey she's big though! ha ha! :D Well done again Abbie and Tessy, you've got a little star there! :D
She's so lovely and I was grinning all the way through your video, especially the itcy spot bit ha ha! :D
Are we getting a new thread for Dolly soon?

magic14

Visit site
Congratulations! She's beautiful, as is Tessy!
Well done to you both, she's a lucky foal having two wonderful mum's raising her :D

Cheiro1

Visit site
I reckon she will be well over 15hh Abbie! :p I reckon 16hh/16.2hh?

The string test doesn't work until they are a year old because of growth plates and stuff I believe, but she is half as tall as mum already so she will be shooting well over her height I reckon :p

tessybear

Visit site
I will start a new thread tonight for Dolly Doodar !

And will try and do updates once a week :)

She is such a lovely girl managed to take her up the field much easier today put a scarf behind her bottom and she walked very well expect for putting in the odd bunny hop :rolleyes::D

Thank you everyone Tess is such a good mumma ! Cannot wait to watch the pair of them grow old :)

Welsh

Visit site
OH MY GOD!!! THE FOAL HAS ARRIVED WHEN I DIDN'T CHECK FOR ONE DAY!!!

Massive congratulations!! Even my husband got to asking if Tessy had foaled yet lol :D

Whooo!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
WELL DONE TO ALL!!! Abbie, you are a star, coping with so much at once! May that beautiful filly bring you immeasurable happiness and joy in the future.

dalidaydream

Visit site
Hi, I've been watching this from the start. I haven't posted before but I just have to say what beautiful girls you have there. I love the way Tess lets you babysit while she gets on with the important job of eating (cobs eh! I've got one myself so know what their priorities are :))

Cannot wait to watch the pair of them grow old :)

and does this mean you'll be keeping bubba?

Adopter

Visit site
I will start a new thread tonight for Dolly Doodar !

And will try and do updates once a week :)

She is such a lovely girl managed to take her up the field much easier today put a scarf behind her bottom and she walked very well expect for putting in the odd bunny hop :rolleyes::D

Thank you everyone Tess is such a good mumma ! Cannot wait to watch the pair of them grow old :)

You have done a great job of keeping us all feeling involved, now we will understand that you need some time for other parts of your life! Good luck with test and your school work! Will look forward to viewing updates as Dolly grows!

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Aww Abbie she sounds so adorable, I think I'm in love with her! Daddy must have been one big cob or even a heavy! How tall is Tess? Looking forward to the new thread full of cute Dolly pics :D
I completely sympathise with you as I've got my GCSEs starting in two weeks, I'm completely stressed out and I don't even have a foal (or even a horse!) to look after every single day! You've been fantastically cool, calm and collected throughout this entire process and I think everyone on here has realised that not all teenagers are bad! ;) Good luck with the A-levels, what are they? :)

Supertrooper

Visit site
Abbie, are you keeping her then???!!!!!! Really hope you are. I made everyone watch her video today at work :) we all love Dolly and Tess xx

showjumpingfilly

Visit site
Didn't comment before as couldn't bear the thought of all the email notifications! But been following all the threads since day one and followed your emotional rollercoaster.

Dolly is super and I echo what everyone else said about Tess. She's not my normal 'type' of horse but I've fallen for her hook line and sinker over the past few weeks.

Abbie, you've done a cracking job, and you so deserve to do well in all your exams and driving. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, as long as you've tried your best. And nobody's perfect, we wouldn't be us if we were. You have such a sweet outlook on life, Tess and Dolly are very lucky to have you (and vice versa :) )

Good luck with everything, and I will go back to lurking on your new thread!! :-D xx