The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Stunning...!!!!!
I fell a little bit more in love with Super Tess in that video too...what a laid back girl she is. If Dolly takes her Mums temperament you are going to be one very lucky young lady Abbie....!!!!!! :D:D:D

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
How about Cariad (pronounced carryad) means love in Welsh. Or Merlod which just means pony. So many choices, whatever you choose she will 'grow' into it.:D

We had a wonderful Heniz variety dog called "Cariad". A lovely personality so if baby bear follows her she won't go wrong.
Only day I lelft it unti late to check. Then saw that my page had expanded and I though ah ah there must be piccys. And of course.... the rest is history.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Thank you i am ! we only did 15 mins max today with her separated up we have many months ahead so defo don't want to over do it ! not matter how much i want a fluffly foal huggle

I might have misunderstood this bit, but mum and foal should not be seperated at all at this stage, they need to bond.

They are both lovely and im so glad the are both doing well, I would get a early night if I were you!

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I am so in love with Dolly already. Holly loves Dolly!

My boyfriend is not a rider but loves horses and has been learning about them since going out with me (about 9 months or so). Whenever I've shown him a photo of a coloured cob, he has been overwhelmed with love for them... he's all about the chunky, hairy horses and just thinks they're magnificent. He'd love to learn to ride and we've planned to have a cob for him one day.

Needless to say I already showed him all the photos of Dolly and the video and mentioned several times that she might be for sale one day... ;)

Whatever happens to the beautiful Dolly, I hope that she ends up in a fabulous home. I feel so relieved knowing that everything went well and that Tessy and Dolly are healthy and happy. :) Congrats again, Abbie!

tessybear

Visit site
I might have misunderstood this bit, but mum and foal should not be seperated at all at this stage, they need to bond.

They are both lovely and im so glad the are both doing well, I would get a early night if I were you!

eeek no sorry i meant we did like 15 minutes with her but broke it up throughout the day the timing so like 5 mins then 10 mins etc not mum and foal :)

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Ooh Abbie just remembered my question lol, are you going to do a separate thread with all of Dolly's updates etc (love the name btw, it suits her down to the ground) or just keep it on this thread? :)

tessybear

Visit site
Ooh Abbie just remembered my question lol, are you going to do a separate thread with all of Dolly's updates etc (love the name btw, it suits her down to the ground) or just keep it on this thread? :)

I will probably do a separate thread and link the dolly thread to this so future owners will see each :)

mollyblob

Visit site
Congratulations! She's beautiful, and love the name too- I've known 2 Dollys- my brilliant share pony, and my amazing Dolly Daydream, known as Mollyblob- both absolutely wonderful ponies.

Love the face markings too- what a cutie!

PolarSkye

Visit site
She is absolutely gorgeous . . . and if she isn't either a shire or clydie cross I'll eat my hat . . . and what a fab Mum TB is . . . (and what a wonderful job you've done too).

Good job all round. Can't wait to see her grow up :).

P

Coblover63

Visit site
Abbie, I don't want to worry you but from the video, baby seems to have quite dropped pasterns at the moment. Did the vet mention anything about this to you? I remember reading about some foals with this last year and they had to stay indoors for a few days until everything firmed up before they were allowed to roam around in a field. Sorry to have to mention but I'd hate Dolly to end up damaged :eek:

tessybear

Visit site
She is absolutely gorgeous . . . and if she isn't either a shire or clydie cross I'll eat my hat . . . and what a fab Mum TB is . . . (and what a wonderful job you've done too).

Good job all round. Can't wait to see her grow up :).

P

Do you think ? we thought maybe very, very heavy cob but shire/clydie type might be right !

I'm in love with Dolly. Daddy must have been a big tank of a cob!
Or a Clydesdale?!

Aw :) You never know !

tessybear

Visit site
Abbie, I don't want to worry you but from the video, baby seems to have quite dropped pasterns at the moment. Did the vet mention anything about this to you? I remember reading about some foals with this last year and they had to stay indoors for a few days until everything firmed up before they were allowed to roam around in a field. Sorry to have to mention but I'd hate Dolly to end up damaged :eek:

Yes Vet did mention that but said should be fine in a few days :)

HBM1

Visit site
Although her pasterns are down and limited turnout will help strengthen (it is true madly dashing about in a big field wont be good for her)..on balance I would think vet may have thought it better for tessy to get out walking to clear some of the fluid?

tessybear

Visit site
Although her pasterns are down and limited turnout will help strengthen (it is true madly dashing about in a big field wont be good for her)..on balance I would think vet may have thought it better for tessy to get out walking to clear some of the fluid?

she is not at the mad stage yet and in a restriced square yes the turnout will get her cleansing herself but all tucked up in bed now and seemed happy :)

Jingleballs

Visit site
Aw bless - what a sweetie!!

Just a question, I know nothing about foals but why are some people advising minimum petting/interaction with the foal?

I would have thought that if the foal is sociable and happy to be handled but still spends most time with mum that would be a good thing?

HBM1

Visit site
Beaubear..because it is vital mare and foal bond first and foremost..baby needs to smell of baby and tessy..not others...human and foal have plenty of time to bond..but if mare doesnt you're in trouble

Jingleballs

Visit site
Beaubear..because it is vital mare and foal bond first and foremost..baby needs to smell of baby and tessy..not others...human and foal have plenty of time to bond..but if mare doesnt you're in trouble

Thanks for clarifying - so effectively, if the foal smells too much of human, mum could reject her and stop feeding her? When does this stop i.e. at which point can you safely handle the foal without the risk of this happening - is it until you have started to wean them?

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
Aw man can't believe i missed it! Been following this from the beginning as well lol! But congratulations she is lovely :) Must be so very tempting to cuddle and scratch her all day :p:D

HBM1

Visit site
Oh no..after a couple of days they should be well bonded. I forget is Tessy a maiden or experienced broodie? I would have expected a lot more vocal interaction today as well as checking on her physically..that is why I think she needs more time..however if this is Tessys umpteenth foal it is no wonder she is so relaxed.

tessybear

Visit site
Oh no..after a couple of days they should be well bonded. I forget is Tessy a maiden or experienced broodie? I would have expected a lot more vocal interaction today as well as checking on her physically..that is why I think she needs more time..however if this is Tessys umpteenth foal it is no wonder she is so relaxed.

Umpteenth foal she was very vocal toda everything is very normal mum wouldnt let her get to far out of her sight and kept coming to check :)