The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

janei

Visit site
Aw so happy for you! Typical been so busy today only just got logged on and had loads of posts to catch up on!! Congratulations to Tessy Bear and you, she is a gorgeous filly, feeling all emotional for you all xxx:D

pardalis

Visit site
I'm back from work to catch up on this thread. Foal is gorgeous. And massive!

I know you've had loads of good advice - I can't help adding my own even though I'm not a big poster on here and haven't earned any kind of reputation.

Ok, advice number one - make a note of the frequency the foal is feeding. At this stage it's often. As Tessy's chilled out and the foal is tame she may get distracted and not feed enough.

2. Placid mares can be deceiving. I have experienced a lovely calm foal cuddling moment with the mare being chilled out only for her to whip around and bite me. All totally normal and a sign of a good mum but painful nevertheless :)

DJ

Visit site
What a beautiful wee babe ......... enjoy every second as they grow so quickly.

Abbie, sweetheart ... a few pages back there was a heart felt post from you. It seemed everything was getting on top of you and you felt you had/were letting your folks down. I just want to say, take a deep breath and believe in yourself. You have shown yourself to be wise beyond your years with a massive heart .... if you are true to yourself, you will never, ever, go far wrong ..... **big squishy hugs** for you xx

Ravenwood

Visit site
Oh Abbie - just Wow! How absolutely amazing :)
I've showed my daughter (same age as you), I've showed my OH who despite having always been around horses knows nothing -only cattle and sheep - and when I told him that foal was only born this morning, even he was impressed at how huge she is!

He did say though (talking about Tessy) "are you sure she is a cob and not a heavyweight horse?" LOL! :rolleyes: He thinks she has too much feather for a cob - that says it all! ;)

Can I just say how much we have all enjoyed this whole thread. How wonderful to see the community of HHO being 100% supportive and encouraging with not one snipey comment :) You have been absolutely amazing Abbie, I would be proud to have you as my daughter :)

Tessy Bear and Dolly are most certainly, exceptionally lucky horses to be owned by you xx

mandwhy

Visit site
Oh my goodness frantically clicking through pages for pictures, I thought there would be a new thread for this haha! How exciting she is SO LOVELY well done Tessy! Now going to read all the test of the updates!

Penks

Visit site
Showing off their nearly matching facial markings :)
zwb09u.jpg

10gh8vt.jpg

5noz9f.jpg

ajxiyo.jpg

4h8w8x.jpg

2450lz8.jpg

15qf5fn.jpg

sorry for the over load last one !! p.s video is uploading slowly to youtube :rolleyes:
2eg4p5c.jpg

Beautiful! This has given me big smiles today :)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Aww thanks for bumping the video. Didn't see it last night as catching up on everything I hadn't done since becoming addicted to this thread :)

Morning Abbie, hope you had a great nights sleeps at last !

Snoozinsusan

Visit site
Congratulations!

What a beautiful foal. :)

I have been lurking but not replied before as I lost a new born foal just when you were finding out about the pregnancy so I am so pleased that everything worked out well for you.

The photos brought tears to my eyes. Please keep posting photos as she is helping me to get over my loss!

ralph and maverick

Visit site
Finally caught up since yesterday, that took some reading!!
Abbie, dolly is soooooo beautiful, congratulations, you've done a wonderful job!! Hope Tessy is ok, never seen such a floofy foal! She is gorgeous, you must be so proud!
Well done to Tessy too, what a lovely mare she is.

I love the name Dolly!! It really suits her. :)

AMW

Visit site
Re the hairy coat, so many foals seem to be being born ready prepared this year. Nature is a wonderful thing :)
How are your 2 lovely girls this morning Abbie x

Clannad48

Visit site
Just a thought, but if H&H won't list this as one of the top 5 threads then how about Hovis giving Dolly a mention in his Blog. Perhaps he has sized her up as a potentional girlfriend.

tessybear

Visit site
How high is TB, Abbie?
Anyone care to guess final height for Dolly - she looks big to me but I sm a foalie novice :)
She is getting more gorgeous by the hour, Abbie. And TB looks so chilled.

Tess is 14.3ish last time she was measured so we think foal will defo make that :)