The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

Spring Feather

Visit site
Kinda like if you were rolling a roll-up cigarette. You sort of roll the teats with the top 2/3 of your finger and thumb. See told you I'm rubbish at describing it ... but I could show you easily if you were near lol

tessybear

Visit site
I can never describe how to do it so others may be better at that. I sort of twiddle/twirl the teats between my fingertips and gently pull down at the same time and out it spurts!

Apply a bit of pressure and gently pull downwards.

Also, re wax, if she had any and has knocked it off, it will return.

Thank you will try this tomorrow :)

tessybear

Visit site
Kinda like if you were rolling a roll-up cigarette. You sort of roll the teats with the top 2/3 of your finger and thumb. See told you I'm rubbish at describing it ... but I could show you easily if you were near lol

-nods like i have a clue having hever smoked in my life - :D:D

I will try a few methods tomorrow, she seems to be find with the, being handled as long as you have warm hands:cool:

Liath

Visit site
How exciting! I too shall be watching this thread avidly... I suspect it may run to hundreds of pages! LOL!

I very nearly bought a mare in foal last summer when I was looking for my 'new' horse... she was a sweet little thing, but an 'odd' shape which the owners said was because she had foaled a lot in the past... swore blind she was NOT in foal... then I looked at her teats and decided they were full- owner STILL swore she wasn't in foal and said the vet had seen her and she definitely wasn't... I heard through the grapevine a few weeks later that she'd dropped a gorgeous palomino colt... and have to confess that a little part of me was gutted that I didn't buy her! ;)

Good luck with your imminent arrival :)

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I saw this post and got excited thinking the little one had arrived. Looking forward to lots of foaly pictures. So glad to see that you are now getting used to the idea and even getting excited by the arrival of the baby.:) Don't worry about your Dad if he is anything like mine or my OH once that foal is there there will be no way he will want you to sell it, men, most are big softies at heart.:D

noodle_

Visit site
ahhh congrats!!!

if i hadnt seen your update i was about to PM you with (nice) abuse hahaha!!!! congrats!! i hope she foals while your off!!! (but this is horses............. tuesday it is then? ) :D :D

tessybear

Visit site

Fjord

Visit site
My RI bought a pony, had it for a short while, kids took it xc then by the next morning she had popped a foal! Pony didn't even look pregnant. Another RI I know had a hoard of us horsey peeps staying at her yard, most of us had a good gawp at her new mare's teats because she'd got the suspicion of a sarcoid and we were all surprised when she produced a foal a few days later. It seems to happen a lot! I hope the Easter Bunny Pony arrives over the weekend, before you have to go back to school.

WelshD

Visit site
Maybe they're busy with the foal :p

Joking aside - I do hope it arrives this weekend while we all have time to Oooh and ahhh over it!

tessybear

Visit site
Morning all :) sorry i was walking the pooches :D

Day 2:

Well foal has yet to make an appearance, although she must have been up and down throughout the night as she has trashed a few of her banks :rolleyes: perhaps that's a sign :cool: Tess has had her breakfast and is now outside in the field ( checks every 30 mins:cool::rolleyes:) enjoy her hay.

So here come some topless shots :eek::D
There doesn't appear to be much of a change in them if i am honest, she wasn't keen on me touching them but my hands were slightly cold:eek: shall try again later after she has eaten and has a happy hay belly
2uha1ok.jpg

1grty1.jpg

Out again without her rug survived the night :cool: mum on the other hand must think we own a paper horse because has ordered me to rug the beast up if it rains incase she gets cold:rolleyes: but if i rug her in the day she will get a shock at night when its chilly.... so i'm not going to bother :eek: Here is todays full body photo..again cannot see much of a change myself Mini T must have been sleeping this morning didn't get to see his/her dancing routine

4rx65g.jpg

and finally a picture of her bottom which i think has gone more jellyish
b54952.jpg

Tess is very friendly today, when walking her to the padock ( we are using the neighbours to save ours) she said hello to the 4 people walking their dogs extremely loud causing a small terrier to poo itself :D she even said hello to Scooby the handsome gelding next door who she usually just ignores and stick her bum to him... how nice:rolleyes:

HBM1

Visit site
My mare had a bag like that and it grew hugely in front of my eyes when she let her milk down 6 hours before foaling. Not sure if you have looked at her vulva...but that goes really slack too as foaling day approaches.

tessybear

Visit site
My mare had a bag like that and it grew hugely in front of my eyes when she let her milk down 6 hours before foaling. Not sure if you have looked at her vulva...but that goes really slack too as foaling day approaches.

oh really ? I'm just keeping my eye on her at the moment as people on here don't think it's going to be the 2 weeks the vet gave :eek: :D Yes i have and it is quite slack at the moment but i think will drop abit more

Polos Mum

Visit site
TB can you pop up to your local stud and have a look at their mares that are 24/48 hours away so you have an ideal of quite how big her bits may get and how slack she might look - just to help you compare? It's always really difficult to judge anything in photos accurately!

amandap

Visit site
I'm not a breeder but I wouldn't be milking her etc. Just get well prepared with all your foaling stuff and how the foaling should go so you are ready to react at any time from now. Waxing will happen usually before foaling. Best wishes.

tessybear

Visit site
Polo I have looked at websites some great people on here have sent me they are not breeding this year they told me hence why they are fine to pop round at stupid o'clock to help :D although I know she will go when we are not there it will be my luck

Polos Mum

Visit site
ah shame, almost certainly she'll drop when you're not there - millions of years of evolution have taught them to sneak off and drop the foal when nothing else is around! She's just being a good mum !
I think I remember they can start then stop in early stages and hang on for a good few hours if they decide the conditions aren't quite right.

But nothing nicer than checking and finding two faces looking at you !

Good luck

tessybear

Visit site
Well that's it vet wasn't concerened about birth and told us really not to panic she will be experienced :) ah I really cannot wait ! Thank you x

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Waxing doesn't always happen before foaling. In most cases it does. It is not a certainty! But with as many foals as she has had previous, yes probably.

I listened to the "don't worry she'll wax before she foals" too. Next morning suprise foal. As a matter of fact with this particular mare her milk didn't change color until foaling. The milk was fine and all IgG tests came back perfectly fine on the foals.

This is an experienced mare and this will probably be an easy foaling but there are no absolutes. Mares don't read the book!

Terri

tessybear

Visit site
Oh I know Terri :) but if we are not there ... We are not there, hopefully all goes well, thank you once again fro great advice