The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

kat2290

Visit site
Aw maaan! You're gonna miss it!! Tessy please hold on til this afternoon so Abbie can rush home and then take many pictures during the birth!

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Thats rather funny her nickname when she (on the rare occasion) decides to be a cheeky little madam is Testical :eek::D I am horrible to her ;)

Ah i hope so a question for the breeders or those in the know , does waxing up indictae foal will be here soon or can some mares do it days ahead of foaling ? Thank you x

With many mares, waxing does indicate foaling is imminent. However, as I posted earlier, one of my mares waxed heavily for 7 days and then foaled. For her next foal, she waxed heavily for 10 days before foaling. With her last foal, she waxed for 13 hours and then foaled. I wish I had known to do the taste test back then. It would have saved a lot of guesswork.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Sod the school ... Surely your parents can write or call them and say you must be able to leave immediatley if you need to? I would be walking out the second i got the phone call ... but then i was a bad boy at school and any excuse to get out of it ;)

tessybear

Visit site
With many mares, waxing does indicate foaling is imminent. However, as I posted earlier, one of my mares waxed heavily for 7 days and then foaled. For her next foal, she waxed heavily for 10 days before foaling. With her last foal, she waxed for 13 hours and then foaled. I wish I had known to do the taste test back then. It would have saved a lot of guesswork.

Eeeee knowing our luck she will hold on for 2 weeks :rolleyes: I might do the taste Test tonight .... :eek: blegh at the thought of it

Sod the school ... Surely your parents can write or call them and say you must be able to leave immediatley if you need to? I would be walking out the second i got the phone call ... but then i was a bad boy at school and any excuse to get out of it ;)

Its difficult to leave, saying that if i hitched my dress up to a "inappropriate" length they send you home like a flash :D

little_critter

Visit site
Ooh exciting. We're off on holiday in a couple of hours. I'm going to have to find some wi-fi to catch up. Fingers and toes crossed for a slick birth. Maybe call it Meteor? (Stable name Teddy)

tessybear

Visit site
Ooh exciting. We're off on holiday in a couple of hours. I'm going to have to find some wi-fi to catch up. Fingers and toes crossed for a slick birth. Maybe call it Meteor? (Stable name Teddy)

:) Thank you ! As a family we will have to sit down and go through names im sure when we see them though a name will stand out that suits it :)

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Eeeee knowing our luck she will hold on for 2 weeks :rolleyes: I might do the taste Test tonight .... :eek: blegh at the thought of it

Abbie, you don't have to drink it or mix it with your meal (I'm creasing with laughter at your blegh!). All you have to do is milk a bit out of Tessy into a glass or bowl, then take a spoon and put some of the milk on the spoon and put your tongue on it. You will know if it is salty or sweet. Then spit it out. Simples!

catdragon

Visit site
Been lurking on this thread - my first post as she shares my name. Hope she's doing ok -really looking forward to hearing she's had a beautiful foal and that she and he/she are well.

And ps. My nickname in my first job was "tickle"...took over a month for me to realise the lads were taking the mickey (joy of working in a garage), and yes, I was sooooooo gullible at 16 !

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Abbie, Think of it this way: we drink milk from cows, and many cultures drink sheep, goat, camel, yak, donkey and HORSE milk. All those animals have to produce young in order to produce milk. True, the milk you might be tasting is colostrum and may seem yukky, but there are many people worldwide, and in Britain, who eat a custard from colostrum. With that said, tuck in!

HazyXmas

Visit site
Hi Abbie

with regard to when the foal will be born, only Tessy knows! She's a law unto herself & it's difficult to predict when you don't know how she was with previous foalings. I would hazard a guess that it will probably be within the next 6 - 24 hours.

I have to say that if you were my daughter i would be calling the headmaster at your school to explain the situation & letting him know that you would definitely be being collected from school if the need arose to at least give you the chance of seeing your foal born. This is a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity, many, many people will NEVER, EVER have this chance & i'm sure that he would understand that this is an important point in your life.

You sound like you are a conscientious student & will catch up on any work missed.

Very sorry if you have a headmistress!!! :)

CBS1

Visit site
I've been lurking round this thread for ages and soooo happy for you that things seems to be moving along now. She certainly likes to keep everyone waiting lol.

A space themed name would be so cool, I think Lyra for a baby girl would be sweet specially with the meteor shower :cool:

I'm so excited for you I could explode and I hope your day at school doesn't drag on too long. Can't wait for the update :)

Merrymoles

Visit site
I wasn't going to check but damn it's so exciting! I won't be able to check this aft so it's bound to happen. Get that mini skirt on abs and get sent home pronto!

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Hi Abbie
with regard to when the foal will be born, only Tessy knows! She's a law unto herself & it's difficult to predict when you don't know how she was with previous foalings.

As has been posted earlier, even knowing Tessy's previous foaling history, that is no assurance that she will follow suit with this one. There are other indications of impending foaling that can be utilised more effectively (such as drinking a glass of colostrum - blegh!).

PolarSkye

Visit site
Oh I so hope it's today or tomorrow - good friend's horse is being PTS tomorrow and it would be somehow poetic - one old boy slips away and a new little life arrives. Sending safe foaling vibes x

Boxers

Visit site
7am here. So have just checked in and am excited to hear the update. Will be sad for Abbie if she misses the foaling.

Hope all goes well for Tess. I gather she is an experienced mum, so I'm sure she will be fine.

Technique

The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the ti
Visit site
Just tell them at school that your hairy pre-teen sister has gone into labour and you need to go to the ward pronto as you are her birthing partner; 'cos nobody in your family knows who the Dad is - and you have to let all of your Aunties who are not really related to you, know how she gets on... That should do the trick! (Mind you, they probably won't let you back in) :D

Last edited:

Liath

Visit site
Abbie if you get that call, hitch your dress up and make yourself sick- you HAVE to be there! As someone else said, this is truly a once in a lifetime event and I bet you'll learn WAY more from It than you will from an afternoon in school!

dianchi

Visit site
Just tell them at school that your hairy pre-teen sister has gone into labour and you need to go to the ward pronto as you are her birthing partner; 'cos nobody in your family knows who the Dad is - and you have to let all of your Aunties who are not really related to you, know how she gets on... That should do the trick! (Mind you, they probably won't let you back in) :D

That made me laugh out loud at work when im not supposed to be on here! :D

RutlandH2O

Visit site

Brilliant!!!

Nicnac

Visit site
Oh I so hope it's today or tomorrow - good friend's horse is being PTS tomorrow and it would be somehow poetic - one old boy slips away and a new little life arrives. Sending safe foaling vibes x

sorry to read that PS but yes, it would be poetic. Tomorrow morning it is then.

Abbie - go into school tomorrow morning with skirt tucked into your knickers ;)

RockinRudolph

Visit site
Ooh I can feel the tension in cyberspace!

This is quite an education for me actually - I have never heard of the taste test?! Another good reason to stick with the boys, although it means I will never have such excitement of a foalie.

Nearly there - whoop whoop!

Clannad48

Visit site
As a School Attendance Officer - SHAME ON YOU LOT for telling Abbie to miss out on her education just so you can know when the foal is here.

PS Abbie - do you want me to ring your school for you :) :) :) :)