The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

HBM1

Visit site
I would have thought this would be one of the best Biology/Life Skills classes you could attend. If I was a teacher, I would encourage my student to be there. It also teaches responsibility, far better than a field trip I think! I do love the "Hairy teen sister" story though lol

AMW

Visit site
When my section C mare was due to foal 8 years ago now, she had been out all day and had been pacing the fence. We brought her in & went to watch her on the YO's cctv to give her peace. Within half an hour she started foaling, we watched the camera for a few minutes then went out. The foal was a bit flat to start and had to be rubbed to get him going but other than that all went to plan.
When next at the school parents' night, in my daughter's essay jotter was the most lovely account of the birth accompanied by drawings saying it was the most special experience of her life.
I definitely think it is a wonderful experience for children to see.

last year when our mare foaled I had the migraine from hell, I couldn't stand or lift my head. Again from seeing the cctv we knew this mare was foaling and had to go down ( I had just had an injection from the doctor so felt not so close to death). I spent the birth lying in the corner of the stable whilst my partner helped the mare. luckily we were there as it was a red bag first but all was well.

Good luck Tessie, have a good 'un x

ReggiePerrin

Visit site
Tessy has said she won't be able to post another update till this evening, so obviously there's no point me checking the thread until then....

Coughs and walks back out!

Fools Motto

Visit site
Exciting stuff!
One of our mares is waxed up like she should be running a candle shop, and is distinctively uncomfortable out in the paddock...

Then she grazes. :confused:

MARES!!

Good luck Abbie, sure Tessy will be fine.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Are we really all encouraging a young lady to flash her knickers at school to get the afternoon off...???? :shocked: ................

Hell yeah....come on Abbie...flash those pants and get home pronto....!!!!! :D

Dr_Horse

Visit site
Having just read 293 pages, hoping to see a foal I am very glad there isn't one as i get to jump on the bandwagon!! :D

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!

Sounds really close!

Think you might have a fluffy bubba to play with when your finished at school

suffolkmare

Visit site
2nd go at this post as I lost the connection (aagghhh)
I think Abbie may get a "tummy bug" tomorrow and have to work at home...researching the maternal instincts and bonding behaviours of domesticated equus caballus. :D
Best vibes for a straightforward delivery TONIGHT!!

Mrs C

Visit site
Yippee finally we have lift off!! Im going to be good now and not allow a further check till after Abbie back from school. Although there is a chance she may find out news from a neighbour and sneakily update us whilst at school so actually, id better keep checking. Regularly...!!

MiniMilton

Visit site
Seriously we need a live streaming video link for this. This thread has made me feel like its my horse foaling!
And it's making me very horse broody. The little fuzzy muzzle is my favourite part.

Good luck!

Kadastorm

Visit site
A year ago today we had a foal born, also my friend and my dads birthday. i wanted it to be a colt so we could call in Feenix (both my friends name and dads together). It wasnt, it was a filly and it wouldnt have suited her.

Goodluck Tessie, cant wait to see piccies! :D

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Just got home from school and this was the first thing I checked! Let out a little excited squeal when I saw tessybear's post about the waxing up- so excited :D

ZoeCharlotte

Visit site
I'm so excited! If I were Abbie's family I'd not mention anything and blithely ask her to go out and check Tessy, where she'd find an hours old foal from today! Aaaagh! Never been involved in foaling or the process before so this is all very exciting for me :D