The thread of all Olympic Threads

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
@LadyGascoyne sorry, I was watching on catch up again, had to turn my phone off and be very strict with myself not to get any spoilers! I think we've been very lucky to see some exceptional tests, going on my own emotional-o-meter, the tests that made me cry were Dalera, Wendy and Fame. Carl did his usual extraordinary job, Fame finally relaxed, his music is (IMO), perfect for him, especially on the final line, and I'm sure Carl will be so delighted, it was a beautiful test. Becky was also brilliant, I loved it, but it didnt make me cry, again, so much more to come from them both, and they have both proved how well they rise to the big occasion.

Wendy is better in every test, the partnership Isabell is forming with her is developing at extraordinary speed, and I see no reason not to expect Isabell to medal on her again in 2028! Seeing Isabell singing along with her own kur at the end was great. Dalera was back to her usual form after her blip yesterday, and I absolutely love how Jessica rides, the frame, the soft curb and the piaffe passage transitions are all amazing.

Carl and Fame were just exceptional today. I think Dalera probably needs me to be more aware of what I’m looking for because when you mention it (and I actually went back and watched a few min of the test now), I can absolutely see what you mean. But in the moment, I confess it was a bit lost on me. I think the most quality with Jessica is very subtle, and that’s an art, but it’s also an art to be able to read and appreciate that. So thanks for prompting me to rewatch.

Wendy was just glorious, and I think I was also so swept up in the emotion of the music too.

I have to say, these last few weeks, I have felt a bit down about dressage. I only dabble myself but one of our riders is very serious and competes to Grand Prix level. But watching the horsemanship today was nothing short of inspirational, and I’m feeling much more motivated to go out and buy something a bit special on the back of it.

daffy44

Visit site
Carl and Fame were just exceptional today. I think Dalera probably needs me to be more aware of what I’m looking for because when you mention it (and I actually went back and watched a few min of the test now), I can absolutely see what you mean. But in the moment, I confess it was a bit lost on me. I think the most quality with Jessica is very subtle, and that’s an art, but it’s also an art to be able to read and appreciate that. So thanks for prompting me to rewatch.

Wendy was just glorious, and I think I was also so swept up in the emotion of the music too.

I have to say, these last few weeks, I have felt a bit down about dressage. I only dabble myself but one of our riders is very serious and competes to Grand Prix level. But watching the horsemanship today was nothing short of inspirational, and I’m feeling much more motivated to go out and buy something a bit special on the back of it.

My pleasure, I do agree that it was very close between Wendy and Dalera, but for me, the right result between the two in the end, both extraordinary, beautiful, inspiring rides.

If I can be honest, there are quite often times as a dressage rider that I find hard and depressing, and non more so than these past couple of weeks, and there hasnt been a day that these thoughts havent distressed me. But these Olympics have been so positive in the main, and I think its so important to show that whilst we mustnt shy away from the difficult conversations, we can also celebrate the positives, and show that cruelty does not define us, and there are still riders/trainers who are ethical, good and truely do love their horses.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have just watched the dressage .
I loved the polish horse she is beautiful .
I have not been following international dressage this year so have not seen any since the Europeans .
I thought Fame looked better softer more relaxed but that neck mmm it’s partly conformation but mmm.
I thought Wendy was exceptional and IW just rides transitions so so well , Dalera you can see her aging now but it was the most artistically pleasing test .
And Glamourdale I have never admired his way of going I have never seen him and CF so harmonious and they deserved that bronze .

Caol Ila

Visit site
I only saw what the BBC offered -- the top three rides.

That was one of the nicest tests I've seen Glamourdale do. Less tension and more fluidity than he's shown before. She deserved that bronze.

Isabel and Wendy's test was excellent. The mare has a proper piaffe.

I've seen Dalera go better. What's with all the tail swishing? She still had that lightness and smoothness, but I've seen nicer work from her at WEGs and the last Olympics.

And everyone's music was tedious, in my opinion.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I only saw what the BBC offered -- the top three rides.

That was one of the nicest tests I've seen Glamourdale do. Less tension and more fluidity than he's shown before. She deserved that bronze.

Isabel and Wendy's test was excellent. The mare has a proper piaffe.

I've seen Dalera go better. What's with all the tail swishing? She still had that lightness and smoothness, but I've seen nicer work from her at WEGs and the last Olympics.

And everyone's music was tedious, in my opinion.
Surely you can’t think Becky’s was tedious , I thought it was great

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
Dilemma. I stupidly booked to go away during the Olympics🙀, so now I am a little stuck. Do I watch the SJ later and have to avoid all social media or do I just watch the boys live (I have discovery+ on phone) and miss the tension? I'll probably hear the results anyway as I will be watching the athletics later. So I guess that sort of answers my own question. Damn irritating as I have all the time in the world at the moment as it's school holidays.

pistolpete

Visit site
Dilemma. I stupidly booked to go away during the Olympics🙀, so now I am a little stuck. Do I watch the SJ later and have to avoid all social media or do I just watch the boys live (I have discovery+ on phone) and miss the tension? I'll probably hear the results anyway as I will be watching the athletics later. So I guess that sort of answers my own question. Damn irritating as I have all the time in the world at the moment as it's school holidays.
Watch it on your phone. Can’t beat live!

Kadastorm

Visit site
Blimey, the Norwegian didn’t have an easy ride with her horse pulling and shaking his head. How she managed a clear, I don’t know!