The thread of all Olympic Threads

piebaldproblems

Visit site
See this is where I’m uncomfortable.
Whilst yes he gave him an ok ride and the horse was super green but very honest, I’m really iffy about a 9yo getting pushed so hard for selection. Bramham, then 2 weeks later trucked all the way to Poland for a 4L then next month Paris. That can break them.
I understand why he may feel the need but it makes me uncomfortable for the horses overall welfare I’m afraid.
I don't know anything about him apart from what I'm watching today but yes agree with you that that's way too much for the horse.

jenbleep

Visit site
But by the time they show it they know they are up.

There were a couple of incidents at badminton, a fall that resulted in a death and the horse that got staked by a flag. You saw the blood gushing out and the horse slow and collapse through loss of blood. After those they put a delay in.
I remember the flag incident 😩

rosiesowner

Visit site
But by the time they show it they know they are up.

There were a couple of incidents at badminton, a fall that resulted in a death and the horse that got staked by a flag. You saw the blood gushing out and the horse slow and collapse through loss of blood. After those they put a delay in.
Gosh, I remember that. I was a young kid at the time and watched in absolute disbelief that the camera stayed with the poor horse so long even then.

Janique

Visit site
Love the grey, Cash in Hand and the Marrocan rider, the horse looks so genuine !

Didn't see the end of the round but i read that the finished well, so happy for them !

The Swiss are doing pretty well too !

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Those of us watching Badminton 2022 live saw Nicola Wilson’s career ending fall from JL Dublin. Maybe they’ve tightened it up since then.
It's not a question of tightening up, the delay gives time to make a judgement call whether to show. They won't always make the right call.