The thread of all Olympic Threads

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I replied that if the French were to win tomorrow surely they want to win in circumstances where all the rules were followed fairly?

They were muttering about a previous appeal for Laura in Harras des pins, I think.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I'm hearing that the 15 penalties have been removed, can't name my source
Thank you. Won't celebrate until I see it in the official scores though . . . and we still need to have three happy, healthy horses tomorrow ready to showjump - and have no more than four fences down. Still need to ride our luck.

AnShanDan

Visit site
I'm flying out tomorrow for the dressage. Was the walk up from the shuttle buses very muddy?
We just walked to the entrance through the palace grounds. It’s a bit muddy in places round the site but not bad and drying up. Going tomorrow too 🙂

Walrus

Visit site
Loving this thread so far. Quick question....tomorrow in the showjumping as the Germans are no longer in team contention will Micheal jump in the team jumping? Or does Laura have to jump twice tomorrow and Micheal only once? Or have the Germans got a sub in? Anyone know how it works?

teapot

Visit site
Loving this thread so far. Quick question....tomorrow in the showjumping as the Germans are no longer in team contention will Micheal jump in the team jumping? Or does Laura have to jump twice tomorrow and Micheal only once? Or have the Germans got a sub in? Anyone know how it works?

Everyone jumps in the team sj in order to finish, then the top 25 will jump again for the individual medals.

Team subs would only jump for the team completion because they've not done the previous two phases, I THINK.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
The French would be the first to protest and strike if things didn't go their way. A very passionate country but I can't see why we are being being unsporting for appealing. We all want fair play and justice.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
The French would be the first to protest and strike if things didn't go their way. A very passionate country but I can't see why we are being being unsporting for appealing. We all want fair play and justice.

To be fair, quite a few french people have replied that to the person that said it.

Hamlet

Visit site
I'm ashamed to say I stayed out of the room for Laura and Ros until I knew the score then watched it on catch up. Hopefully the 15 pens will get removed. My flight tomorrow to Paris is at 10.30 a.m. and I don't think I'll be able to watch in France as I'll be travelling. I am going to have to steel my nerves to watch the dressage comp and then watch it all again on catch up when I get home. At least the weather has improved but I'm not sure if I should pack wellies as apparently the walk to the stands from the shuttle buses is extremely muddy!

I was there today, we walked in and out and there are only a handful of places that were a bit muddy. It’s not like an English muddy Badminton 😂 some bits through the woods were bad as they hadn’t dried up as they’re in the shade but my white trainers have only needed a wipe over to clean up. Wear a sturdy pair of trainers and you’ll be fine!

Bobthecob15

Visit site
I was there today, we walked in and out and there are only a handful of places that were a bit muddy. It’s not like an English muddy Badminton 😂 some bits through the woods were bad as they hadn’t dried up as they’re in the shade but my white trainers have only needed a wipe over to clean up. Wear a sturdy pair of trainers and you’ll be fine!
How far is it from the main Versailles entrance? We are there for the dressage at the weekend..it looks a fair distance from the actual palace. Are they providing buses? X