The thread of all Olympic Threads

Esmae

Visit site
Fabulous result! Congratulations Team GB! Now in our house when things come together after unpleasant drama the following gets shouted very loudly "Up yer bum from Wigan!!"

Katieg123

Visit site
Can someone also explain to me how it works with the individual jumping? Do they set up a different course and everyone has to jump a second time? Do any poles from the teams round count in the individual?

khalswitz

Visit site
I’m watching behind time so dangerous coming on this thread, but did anyone notice the commentator woman repeatedly saying ‘he’s jumped clear’ when they had 8 or even 12 faults? Is it just me getting quite irritated by that?

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Wow, what an exciting conclusion to the team competition! I am just thrilled for Japan in climbing their way back to the bronze medal with impeccable showjumping performances today - just held their nerve and rode brilliantly.

Of course I'm also happy for the British team and glad that the flag penalties didn't make a difference in the end - because to me, they didn't look like they should have been upheld. But all is well that ends well!

Now, when it comes to the individual... I'm not massively patriotic tbh. I have my fingers crossed for Chris Burton - his riding has been an absolute masterclass this weekend and I've been loving watching Ben Hobday cheering the horse on from home and seeing it achieve the success he's capable of. I'd like to see Tom and Dubs sneak back up potentially too... it's all to play for out there!

daffy44

Visit site
Been riding this morning, thank you all for the updates, I've been watching this thread on my phone during warmup/cool down walks! I'm really looking forward to watching live for the individual. I'm assuming from the top ten Chris Burton jumped clear with a smidge of time? His riding has been amazing to watch.