The thread of all Olympic Threads

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
You can tell how pissed we are underneath in this interview!

Why what was said?

Of course I'm also happy for the British team and glad that the flag penalties didn't make a difference in the end - because to me, they didn't look like they should have been upheld. But all is well that ends well!

Now, when it comes to the individual... I'm not massively patriotic tbh. I have my fingers crossed for Chris Burton - his riding has been an absolute masterclass this weekend and I've been loving watching Ben Hobday cheering the horse on from home and seeing it achieve the success he's capable of. I'd like to see Tom and Dubs sneak back up potentially too... it's all to play for out there!

I think we’re gonna need a tie for bronze, because I’d like all of the top four on the podium. Tom has been consistently strong and it would be a shame to see Laura drop out now after an amazing dressage, great Xc on three shoes, and a good SJ. So even though I’d like MJ and Mr Burton to do well, I want Laura and Tom up there, especially after the drama!

KEK

Visit site
Well done to team GB- the best team won. Tom's riding all weekend was phenomenal, he was the standout in the team IMO.
Wow for Burto currently sitting in silver - I hope someone buys Shadow Man (stable name?) for him!

j1ffy

Visit site
Another who has been working and trying to catch up between calls!!

Such a great result for the team, and Team GB in general. Pretty annoyed that the BBC One O'clock news headline was Tom Daley's silver instead of our first gold! I'm hoping it's just because the gold came so shortly before the broadcast...they did have a reporter in Versailles who they talked to live before covering the diving medal in more detail.

It's great to see Japan up there too, amazing achievement with a substitution as well!

Bring on the individual jumping, it should be a good session :)

Annagain

Visit site
Another who has been working and trying to catch up between calls!!

Such a great result for the team, and Team GB in general. Pretty annoyed that the BBC One O'clock news headline was Tom Daley's silver instead of our first gold! I'm hoping it's just because the gold came so shortly before the broadcast...they did have a reporter in Versailles who they talked to live before covering the diving medal in more detail.

It's great to see Japan up there too, amazing achievement with a substitution as well!

Bring on the individual jumping, it should be a good session :)
I thought it was odd too. I think it was just too close to the news. I doubt they had time to pull the footage together. It was top of the headlines but not top story.

Esmae

Visit site
The BBC are a disgrace. Short mention of the eventing and a really big slot for the diving which resulted in a silver medal. While in no way deriding the achievement of the divers which is phenomenal. However they seem to forget that the eventing team have had to have 6 people fit to go. 3 horses and 3 riders. The beeb frankly makes me want to spit!!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
The BBC are a disgrace. Short mention of the eventing and a really big slot for the diving which resulted in a silver medal. While in no way deriding the achievement of the divers which is phenomenal. However they seem to forget that the eventing team have had to have 6 people fit to go. 3 horses and 3 riders. The beeb frankly makes me want to spit!!
get a grip ;) Tom Daley is an absolute legend, they'll get to the riding stuff in due course. Don't forget equestrianism is not at it's most shiny or popular right now...

Esmae

Visit site
get a grip ;) Tom Daley is an absolute legend, they'll get to the riding stuff in due course. Don't forget equestrianism is not at it's most shiny or popular right now...
I totally have a grip. The Beeb have consistently, for years, treated equestrian sport as an afterthought. It's about time they stopped doing that imo. With regard to the diving, I did say that their achievement is phenomenal and meant it. Anyone who puts in the time and dedication to be top of their game should be recognised as such.

humblepie

Visit site
BBC5 live been very good on the eventing. I think there is a huge issue generally that much of the British mainstream press think all horse sports are the same. Princess Ann and Zara are both show jumpers

Kadastorm

Visit site
Eeeek here we go… I’m regretting the wine I had last night. I’m flagging and have hanxiety - this isn’t doing my nerves any good 😂