The thread of all Olympic Threads

ihatework

Visit site
How is it possible to have so much adrenaline flowing from sitting on a sofa!!!

Whilst it would have been lovely for Burto to take gold and have 2 brits on the podium, it would also have been a travesty for the Germans to have gone home empty handed ... so Well Done Michi!

PolarSkye

Visit site
He’s a riding cyborg I never seen a rider who is on point so much of the time .
He is exceptional.
Great Xc course the builder did a fantastic job sorted the job without too much horror .
I heard that either he currently, or did, compete(s) at GP level in pure dressage and SJ - and XC schools multiple times/week. He is a true disciple of the sport - and a fabulous horseman.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Absolutely amazing job by our eventing team. Record breakers 3 times, team gold and individual bronze.

And a gold in mountain biking too! Go team GB!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Great competition riding Eventing at its best
I was following the SJ on here because I was away from home so thank you all .
I will watch later when I am back home .
Fantastic venue, beautiful horses ,weather was kind.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Would it be closest to optimum time or fastest? Ros was one second slower but one second closer to the optimum.
Closest to the optimum time

I found this

The individual eventing winner is decided by tallying the penalty points acquired in the dressage, jumping and cross-country competitions. The rider with the fewest total penalty points wins. If there is a tie, the standings will be decided by the best overall cross-country score. If the riders are still deadlocked, the winner will be determined by which rider's time in the cross-country event is closest to the optimum time. If the tie still remains, the rider with the best individual final jumping score will win. If the tie is still not broken, the one with the fastest time in the individual final jumping competition will win. If a tie remains, the winner will be the rider with the best total collective marks in the dressage test. If all of these are used and a tie still remains, the riders will be placed equally.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
In many ways thank goodness she wouldn't have been in the medals without the extra penalties, that would have been so gutting.

It also means there is no point trying to take it further and continue to appeal so will hopefully end the petitions etc