The thread of all Olympic Threads

Parrotperson

Visit site
I missed the team medals, couldn't rewind it, but did catch the individual medals
At Tokyo they had a medal ceremony ‘channel’ so you didn’t miss any. Don’t seem to have that this time.

Oh well. They won!!! Which is the main thing (but I’m still cross about ros’s penalties and not seeing the medals presented!) 🤣🤣🤣

94lunagem

Visit site
Massive congratulations to the GB eventing team and Laura individually! Managed to catch a bit of the jumping while at work today. Might try and watch the last few rounds back on Discovery tonight. I also want to watch the men’s 10m diving.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Well done Team GB! Fantastic day in the sun watching it. Thanks Teapot for the thread and updates.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but someone was removed from the stadium after shouting twice while everyone else was silent. Does anyone know what he was shouting? Was it just a keen supporter?

teapot

Visit site
Good day for Team GB :D

Right, I probably won't be updating this thread as much this week as a) eventing's my main interest, and b) I've actually got to do some work 😂

Start list and times (deduct an hour) for the Dressage proper is here however:

By team: https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/EQU/OG2024_EQU_C51(D)A_EQUODRESTEAM----------GP----------.pdf
By individual: https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/EQU/OG2024_EQU_C51(D)B_EQUODRESINDV----------GP----------.pdf

Carl and Becky tomorrow, Lottie on Wednesday :)

Dust Bunny

Visit site
Well done Team GB! Fantastic day in the sun watching it. Thanks Teapot for the thread and updates.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but someone was removed from the stadium after shouting twice while everyone else was silent. Does anyone know what he was shouting? Was it just a keen supporter?
I wondered what he/she was shouting, too. I think it was when the Japanese riders were in the arena. Good that he/she was removed! Let us know if you find out what was being shouted, please.

U.N.Owen

Visit site
Anyone else think the final round of show jumping was maybe a touch too easy? Didn't make for an extremely exciting end as was pretty set from how well the course was riding?

ihatework

Visit site
Anyone else think the final round of show jumping was maybe a touch too easy? Didn't make for an extremely exciting end as was pretty set from how well the course was riding?

No not really, it was 1.30, the second round of the day with not a great deal of time between rounds, in heat with horses having done xc day before.

It looked easy because we saw some exceptional event horses

TheMule

Visit site
No not really, it was 1.30, the second round of the day with not a great deal of time between rounds, in heat with horses having done xc day before.

It looked easy because we saw some exceptional event horses

Totally agree- it was mega hot, the horses have done a lot by the point, it was bigger, squarer and the time was super tight, but they are the best of the best so rose to the challenge and it was brilliant to watch amazing horses turning themselves inside out to clear it

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Can I just say, other than obviously us winning, my favourite parts of the day were watching Tom’s groom literally leap around in delight after his round, and Tom and Laura prompting Ros - bite your medal, hold it up as we canter past this bit, smile now etc - like seasoned Olympic champions and different to the trio of first timers at Tokyo.