They av their ban...y cnt they leave us alone?

Jay89

Visit site
I really do not understand sum of these hunt antis...HUnting is 'banned' leave us alone!! Today went out there were bout ten of them all wearin balaclavas, which i think is rather Intimidating, at one point we were stopped n they decided to cum mingle between us. I also find it quite indimidating wen they record u, we were trotting dwn a main road da hounds weren't even is sight...gonna b pretty hard to record illegal hunting with no hounds in sight lol!! I jus wish they wud leave us to it!!

peakpark

Visit site
I don't think they care about the ban one way or the other.
The only reason why anyone should dress up in balaclavas and follow, unprovoked, a group of people, would be with the intention of intimidating and menacing.
Presumably, as it's half term, there were children out, so the sabs will have succeeded in their intent - as a child I would have been very scared.
Why they wish to intimidate children I know not - you'll have to ask them, but you'll probably get a dusty answer.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Theyre not antis, theyre louts with nothing better to do than intimidate people.I see nothing wrong with monitoring activities but to turn up dressed for a Falls Rd party is a bit over the top.Take away their uniforms and most will be too chicken to turn up.Theyre spineless cowards who hide behind each other and their anonymity. Ignore them. Mairi.

Jay89

Visit site
lol ahhhh!!! I don't talk like Ali G lol and i am a she. Match for any opponents, lol was terrified when they came stood by me!!

Kristine

Visit site
those anti's on saturday were breaking the law themselves. They had their balaclava's covering there faces intimidating us!
I believe that is the law and also they were on private property and there only aloud public footpaths or byways which is also against the law (i believe)

Burnsall

Visit site
You should have scared them off with a killer rap:

"Yo! yes its me im da girl from da hood,
And if u aint scared rite now then ya surely should.
I gotta mes a whip and it noes howta cut,
And if u don't go now I'm gonna beat ya butt!"

Burnsall

Visit site
On a more serious note, I think it's disgusting of antis to do this to anyone, let alone a girl (sorry, I don't know how old you are!). It's calculated to upset and intimidate you. I suppose the best thing to do infuture is keep calm and get away from them as quickly as possible. I'd also talk to your parents and people in the hunt about the incident and ask for their advice.

Jay89

Visit site
Im 17, it weren't like they were actually aiming there indimatation at me more at the whole hunt!! I think they just wanted their presence to b felt, like i said b4 just annoys me so much they have had their way and they shud just get lost!!

Burnsall

Visit site
That's fair enough. The best thing to do - I guess - is not to respond in any way. They're trying to provoke you into saying or doing things whilst they're recording you. Just ignore them - easier said than done!

flying_change

photobucket.com
"HUnting is 'banned' leave us alone!! "

Hunting may be banned, but (as has been shown by some prosecutions) some hunts are breaking the law.

I dont condone intimidation, obstruction, or violence on either side, but it is not illegal to wear a balaclava or ski mask. Just thing about all the publicity regarding moslem female dress.

RS

Burnsall

Visit site
I'm an "anti" in the sense that I don't accept many pro arguments, but I disagree with you about balaclavas. They're clearly intimidating in the context described in the original post.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
As someone who has web pages devoted to calling him 'hunt scum' I feel qualified to comment on this issue.

I don't think all antis are scum so if that's what Nigel said then I don't agree with him.

However there is no doubt that SOME antis are scum. No doubt SOME people involved in hunting are too.
My views are consistently moderate and liberal.

That being said I would have to understand the context in which it was said before casting judgement.

I tend to say things to annoy people and get an argument going. That's because I value the debate. I think it is good to engage with people who see things differently.

Sometimes people take things the wrong way.

In a similar vein I don't thin ALL hunting is cruel I do think that hunting CAN be cruel.

Burnsall

Visit site
It may be: the police have quite wide discretionary powers for some offences, such as causing a breach of the peace etc.

Kristine

Visit site
lol tehe thats quite good lol!! Dont think they would have listened to little me though!!

I should of sent Indy towards them i think they would of ran from 16.1 of pure Power! lol
Well lots of noise from hooves!
Dont think i can really call it power! :eek:

Once we were all at our boxes the hunt master whipper in and hunt master's wife drove there horses into them as they were on private property!