Things you enjoy about winter......

MDB

Visit site
*joins the dozen or so people staring in bewilderment*

Ok, seriously, I like the absence of flies.

I like crisp sunny mornings, but we get those in autumn and spring, so that isn't specifically a winter thing.

I like the absence of flies. Wait. I said that already.

*scratches head and checks how many weeks it is until spring*

Shooting Star

Visit site
Getting to see the amazing sunrises on a cold crispy morning ... or spending a few extra sneaky minutes in bed knowing the horse won't care you're late as they'd rather you didn't turn them out anyway:D

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Pony has grasped "Routine".
Watching him finally enjoying coming in & enjoying his bed & haynet.
Less poo picking.
Making up feeds (tiny ones, just because everyone else gets one).
His gorgeous wolly bear coat that is soooooo good to warm my freezing hands up in.
SPRING!

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
<removes gloves long enough to type reply>

Mine have very impressive winter coats - the roan goes a gorgeous shade of fox red in the colder months :)

<puts gloves back on and joins the starers>

:D

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I love the feeling I get when the weather is foul and I have all the horses tucked up in their stables in their stable rugs. I hate the process of actually bringing them in though, especially on days like today when it's blowing a gale and I know they are all going to be prats coming in... Oh sorry, this is supposed to be things I ENJOY. Yes, just love them being right outside my door. Stables arranged around the courtyard that my back door opens into. The big mountain dogs patrolling the yard and I feel they are really warm and safe in their stables.

AppyLover

Visit site
Nothing at all &#128514;

I lost my boot in the mud twice yesterday as they live out 24/7 and I'm fed up of the darkness and not actually getting to spend any time with my 2 other than a quick check chuck feed and hay in and move onto the next horse &#128532; Oh well spring will be here soon and the baby horse will hopefully be brought back into work and we can have some adventures &#128513;

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I actually love winter - if its proper winter, not pissing with rain and mild. I love every season but am ready for the change in season by the time it happens.

My favourite things - hunting, going cantering on a crisp morning, riding every day even if just for an hour before work. Best start to the day!!

SEL

Visit site
This morning was quite special. With the amount of rain we had yesterday the field gateway had flooded - and then frozen over. I particularly enjoyed hanging onto a stroppy mare with one hand whilst my other hand tried to undo the frozen rope that is currently keeping the gate closed (farmer + tractor + gateway = gate not shutting).

It got even better when my gelding decided the best way to come through the icy water was at trot. I got covered in it.

How many weeks until Spring?????

nikkimariet

Visit site
Smartly clipped horses
Crisp mornings with beautiful sunrises
Frosty whiskers
Crunchy grass
Cosy rugs
Cosy jackets
Fleece lined breeches
Lighting the fire
Hot soup
Allllll the socks

I quite like winter :) I just don't like rain.

Nudibranch

Visit site
Dry, frosty mornings and evenings now I don't have any PPIDs on my hands. Riding through snowy fields (rare these days). Clean clipped fur under a rug. The smell of good hay. And #1 by a mile - pony sledging.

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Dry, frosty mornings.
Seeing their breath on the cold air.
Wrapping up warm with gloves, hats and fluffy socks.
No flies to deal with!
Clipped horses.
Listening to contented hay munching in their stables at night.
Being able to ride in the school in winter this year!
Less mud to deal with on this yard (it just attaches itself to my gelding instead).
Having them on part livery now ;)

Enfys

Visit site
Poo picking frozen poo. It peels up nicely in one lump.

You are mad! Mine stays where it drops, hidden in snow, then in Spring I simply scrape the paddock (which is a sand arena) and harrow. No way on Gods' green earth (or white one in my case) am I rootling around in snow looking for concrete muck to chisel off the ground - it can stay there :D

alice1234

Visit site
1. gives me an excuse to have a heart shape shaved into my pony's bum
2. makes you appreciate summer more
And that's all I can think of unless I include the end of it