this forum has become a joke

BSJAlove

Visit site
I loved this forum when i first joined but slowly i’ve watched it go down hill. Its all judgemental, with everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Replies as quite nasty but what is the need :(

Kids can’t have fun at shows anymore without being branded spoilt and their parents are horrible - god forbid they enter more than 2 classes. Parelli people can no longer ask for advice without getting a mouthful. Who cares how they enjoy their horse, if they want to do parelli, respect their decision. People can’t ask for help rehoming a horse with issues without being jumped on that they are the worst and inconsiderate owner on earth. If you don’t spell anything perfect or grammars a little out, your post is laughed at and not taken seriously. You breed a foal and you’re over breeding and questioned. You buy a horse when you haven’t got £5000 in the bank for back up, and you’re irresponsible and stupid.

That’s to name but a few that i’ve seen. This used to be a community of horse lovers who supported each other and now, TBH i think twice before i type out a thread in case i’m going to get pounced on. I expect to get pounced on now but i’m far beyond caring. I’ve done most of above and all the haters would love to hate me but i want the old forum back where new members were welcomed with open arms and when you ask for advice, no matter how you typed it or where, you got lovely people with friendly replies. I've taken a back seat and i shall now watch from a distance and keep my mouth shut.

georgie0

Visit site
Completely agree. As a major league stalker i am put off from posting anything most of the time. It doesn't come across as a welcoming place to be.

ThePony

Visit site
It is a forum though and because of that everyone has the ability to air their opinion from the safety of their front room - however palatable that may be to others. As in real life, there are allsorts out there, for good and for bad!! It is the great benefit of a forum like this that people can speak freely, but means that sometimes you need to engage your sh** filter and ignore some posts, as well as develop a thick skin.

charlie76

Visit site
I agree! And sooooooo many experts when infact how many posters are proffesional horse people who work with horses for a living, not all that many I imagine.

Capriole

Visit site
I loved the old forum, thought it was brill, but its changed so much Ive pretty much turned into a lurker now and rarely post here anymore. I still like to browse the forums now and again though.

BSJAlove

Visit site
lol :)

I'm really compairing it to how is was in 2009 when i joined. It really has become quite nasty now. I don't ever remeber it being that bad at all. I totally get that people can voice their opinion but why put it so nasty. What happened to 'if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say it'. People have so many different views on horsey topics now, and of course not every one will agree, but we cant even debate without it getting horrible :( Ive met some lovely people from here and made some fab friends, which is why i continue to stay. But its obviously gone too far to go back to the old forum.

Chestnutmare

Visit site
sadly have to also agree as I've noticed that the older forum members have vanished it was a good giggle and everyone was lovely friendly etc when I too joined but have since watched it go rapidly down hill

I have had some rather lovely conversations with some people on here too and made some great friendships along the way.

Milanesa

Visit site
I agree! I always like threads that end up with alot of members saying to PTS! Always nice for someone to ask advice and be told you should PTS !!

BBH

Visit site
Actually I agree. It used to be a very entertaining place to be but since
some of the better more respected posters have gone you can't have any real debates and discussions anymore without it turning into some kind of baiting fest.

Flashpaddler

Visit site
On a positive note, I've asked a couple of times for some advice and have got some really superb, well considered and expert advice. There are still some lovely, knowledgeable and helpful people on here. As with pretty much everything though, the odd idiot will show themselves up.

Unfortunately, the mantra "it's best to stay quiet and let people think you might be an idiot than open your mouth and prove it" still applies to on-line forums.

ischa

Visit site
I have to agree when I started it was
A down to earth place to come to have a discussion about your horses problems and how to solve the matters .
Now you can't text one simple post with comments on spelling , how you text things , parelli , kids being around ponies/horses , horses being underweight and asking for help to build up a horse without being accused of horse being neglected they are a few to name
Unfortually this place has become a place for people to have a laugh or a take of bullying on the poster expense .

BorgRae

Visit site
On a positive note, I've asked a couple of times for some advice and have got some really superb, well considered and expert advice. There are still some lovely, knowledgeable and helpful people on here. As with pretty much everything though, the odd idiot will show themselves up.

Unfortunately, the mantra "it's best to stay quiet and let people think you might be an idiot than open your mouth and prove it" still applies to on-line forums.
^^^THIS^^^

I have posted a few times asking for advice, and I have always received great advice and have taken it all on board... I suppose it depends on what you're asking though?!

Ibblebibble

Visit site
i slightly agree but also disagree lol, i've seen some wonderful supportive posts on here for people who are going through some tough times, but yes i have also seen some posts that are just plain nasty and unnecessary:( perhaps New lounge should be renamed 'Free for all' because it does seem to go that way sometimes:eek:, but saying that there are plenty of other sections on HHo to post in;) if you don't like what you get in NL try some of the other areas:)

Lisamd

Visit site
Something that really grates me is the fact that a while ago I met some HHO members face to face at an event. I introduced another fellow HHO member and said who they were and also their HHO name...several wouldn't disclose their HHO name...speaks volumes for this thread. People are happy to hide behind their computer screen and rant but very few have to guts to stand by what they say face to face...sign of the times I think with social media :(

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
It was wonderful to read Ebonyallen's posts and the support that the forum members gave her was super.

Hope for HHO to be a friendly but helpful forum isn't lost yet. :)

BSJAlove

Visit site
i slightly agree but also disagree lol, i've seen some wonderful supportive posts on here for people who are going through some tough times, but yes i have also seen some posts that are just plain nasty and unnecessary:( perhaps New lounge should be renamed 'Free for all' because it does seem to go that way sometimes:eek:, but saying that there are plenty of other sections on HHo to post in;) if you don't like what you get in NL try some of the other areas:)

Oh i do don't worry. But sometimes they are just as bad. Soapbox is lovely but sometimes it gets nasty. Granted no where near as bad a NL. I tend to live in the PG now. That seems like a nice place to be. Although sometimes someone will post a picture of their child next to a horse and get jumped on for being irrisponsible. *smacks forehead* :)

BSJAlove

Visit site
It was wonderful to read Ebonyallen's posts and the support that the forum members gave her was super.

Hope for HHO to be a friendly but helpful forum isn't lost yet. :)

I know! I love that. She's amazing, more lovely happy supporting threads like that. Thats how it used to be :)

Capriole

Visit site
I browse through the threads that come up in new threads, whatever forum its in, so Im not pointing a finger specifically at NL at all.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
just another thought, is the forum really that different to some of the big livery yards?! you get plenty of different opinions in RL too and some people can be rather tactless in how they voice things! You get snidey comments behind peoples backs on yards and at shows, and sometimes it's to peoples faces too;) when you look at how many posts there are about nasty people in RL you got to admit that HHo isn't that different;)
And any forum is what the members make it, if you don't like a way a certain member posts you can ignore them, don't rise to the baiting and eventually the keyboard warriors will get bored:)

Capriole

Visit site
true true. I cant be bothered with livery yards like that anymore either, perhaps im getting less BS tolerant in my old age ;)