this forum has become a joke

Dolcé

Visit site
You can say what you like about this forum but when you see the thread about the mare at York sales and look at the support and teamwork that will hopefully secure her future, that is what this forum is about!! That sort of thing has happened so many times on this forum full of bullies and trolls.

Bullying is a two way street, and the accused bullies are often the victims of those who claim to be the victims, you can almost see the game playing it is so obvious.

You have a choice, if you don't like the forum then leave it and let those who do like it enjoy it.

FionaM12

Visit site
Well I'm very new here and (returning to horses after a 35 year health-imposed gap) an inexperienced horse owner.

I made some rash decisions buying my mare and came seeking advice on what to do. I've received only kind and thoughtful advice, and lots of it. Some people were quite direct in pointing out a few errors of judgement on my side, but they weren't nasty.

I've also had some lovely supportive personal messages, including offers of practical help. Perhaps I've been lucky, but really, in my short experience, this forum's excellent.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Well I'm very new here and (returning to horses after a 35 year health-imposed gap) an inexperienced horse owner.

I made some rash decisions buying my mare and came seeking advice on what to do. I've received only kind and thoughtful advice, and lots of it. Some people were quite direct in pointing out a few errors of judgement on my side, but they weren't nasty.

I've also had some lovely supportive personal messages, including offers of practical help. Perhaps I've been lucky, but really, in my short experience, this forum's excellent.

I can echo that... I too am returning after a very long gap and I've had excellent advice on here. I'm picking up lots of tips and hints from reading the other threads too...

Storminateacup

2nd star on the right and straight on 'til morning
Visit site
Totally agree with you.
This forum has become generally, an unpleasant place to contribute to, - should you voice an unconventional opinion. In fact I never come on here any more due to the vitriol I received over the year for, A, having a big bolshy youngster, B, doing Parelli, and C, for wanting to breed Parson Jack Russell Terriers in an area where there are few available.
I was frequently shot down in a "hail of bullets".
There is a faction on this forum that indulges in bullying of those that don't hold "right wing" conventional principles or views.
Just like to say to all those folk, through Parelli, I now have a big gentle giant of a youngster who is a delight to own. I joined up to Parelli (£6.80 per month, cheaper than a weekly H&H or any of those other useless horse magazines I used to buy), and now recieve kind, constructive and welcoming advice from the worldwide Savvy Forum.

Methods that work and that makes my horse a happy horse, and keeps me and my horse in a safe place whatever we do.

maxapple

Visit site
If I need advice on something, this is the place I would ask - as there are so many knowledgeable people.

When my horse broke his leg, I got some invaluable help and support on here, including private pm's with loads of useful suggestions. I also got 2 lovely people sending pm's months after asking how he was getting on and about his progress.

I think the key is to just ignore the people who are rude / blunt / are lacking in communication skills, and take the information or advice that is useful. Some people also write how they think, without taking time to read back over it - so can come across as rude without actually meaning to.

Samantha008

Visit site
If I need advice on something, this is the place I would ask - as there are so many knowledgeable people.

When my horse broke his leg, I got some invaluable help and support on here, including private pm's with loads of useful suggestions. I also got 2 lovely people sending pm's months after asking how he was getting on and about his progress.

I think the key is to just ignore the people who are rude / blunt / are lacking in communication skills, and take the information or advice that is useful. Some people also write how they think, without taking time to read back over it - so can come across as rude without actually meaning to.

^^^^ This.

But also, i think a lot of people dont quite knonw the full length of any story and they make a snap judgement on a paragraph you have written. If they were actually feeling the emotional turmoil- theyd probably think differently.

As long as you know yourself, that you are striving to do the right thing, and come on here for advice, and realise that some of the stuff you will get will probably be s**te- you can learn lots.

So yes it is a joke at times...yet we all still come on here?! ;)

TallyHo123

Visit site
I agree too, I think! I do now think twice before I post things incase I get jumped on. It's turning into a livery yard, with all the bitchiness!

BSJAlove

Visit site
Well ive finally caught up with this post from yesterday evening. I think the reason i stay is because of the posts like carrot and spud ect. I thought that was pretty amazing. And bits of advice given is fantastic. Its just a shame that people on this forum Dont ask. And they do 'lurk' and not join in.

I feel my point is now across :p some agree some dont however i will flutter back to the PG & SB to resume my normal position.

Naryafluffy

Visit site
You can say what you like about this forum but when you see the thread about the mare at York sales and look at the support and teamwork that will hopefully secure her future, that is what this forum is about!!

Was just about to post this on this thread, yes some people can be numpties and not think before they post, but there are also lots of really nice people on the forum as well.