this is just about the most arrogant piece I have read in a long time.

paddy555

Visit site
this link is nothing to do with Natalie, this just seemed a suitable thread as it was still running and as it started about riders, dressage, etc etc
Just thought it was a rather nice clip. :D

lizziebell

Visit site
Looks as if the operation for the bone infection has failed unfortunately.
I’m very confused by her posts. She insists he’s “not suffering physically or mentally”, yet i personally do not see a painfree or happy horse. The ct results she says she “predicted wouldn’t be good” - so why put him through all this in the first place, on top of how much treatment and time he’s already had.

Hannahkayj

Visit site
I’m very confused by her posts. She insists he’s “not suffering physically or mentally”, yet i personally do not see a painfree or happy horse. The ct results she says she “predicted wouldn’t be good” - so why put him through all this in the first place, on top of how much treatment and time he’s already had.
This is what made me choke when she said it was mild foot pain?!

That poor horse is not pain free no matter how much she tells herself that.

PurpleSpots

Visit site
The post this evening about Oliver Townend winning included this delightful reply from the owner of the page to one comment:

'The boring old repetitive trolls come out for Oli, when they’re not busy using their protractors to find any horse that’s 1 degree behind the vertical!'

Why, especially as a vet, is this person not more concerned with IMPROVING animal (horse) welfare? She's one who's helping to hold it back!!

Hannahkayj

Visit site
The post this evening about Oliver Townend winning included this delightful reply from the owner of the page to one comment:

'The boring old repetitive trolls come out for Oli, when they’re not busy using their protractors to find any horse that’s 1 degree behind the vertical!'

Why, especially as a vet, is this person not more concerned with IMPROVING animal (horse) welfare? She's one who's helping to hold it back!!
She blocked me last night as I agreed with someone who said OT is awful how can you promote him.

I literally said I’d not have a horse with him and don’t understand how the horses perform consistently for him. (I don’t I think he’s god awful and puts his ego above the horse)

Got told I was a bully 🙄🤣

Hannahkayj

Visit site
She blocked me after she had attacked the "physio" and I very politely suggested it was perfectly fair to ask whether her horse should really be operated on with his history.
I mean yeah you are right should she? No.

Did she ? Yeah
Has it worked? No

Now what for that poor horse. Feels like it’s very ego driven now 😣

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
She blocked me last night as I agreed with someone who said OT is awful how can you promote him.

I literally said I’d not have a horse with him and don’t understand how the horses perform consistently for him. (I don’t I think he’s god awful and puts his ego above the horse)

Have to disagree with you here, his horses perform for him because he is not mean to them like people online seem to think he is. He is much nicer to his horses then a lot of the 'popular' riders are to theirs. Including two horses that were dog tired at Kentucky at the weekend, one of which fell at the last fence and the other eliminated the next day who have taken miles less flak when having a far worse outcome for the horse.

Hannahkayj

Visit site
Have to disagree with you here, his horses perform for him because he is not mean to them like people online seem to think he is. He is much nicer to his horses then a lot of the 'popular' riders are to theirs. Including two horses that were dog tired at Kentucky at the weekend, one of which fell at the last fence and the other eliminated the next day who have taken miles less flak when having a far worse outcome for the horse.
I mean his warnings and yellow cards don’t lie really.

Doesn’t mean the others should be ignored either.

Hannahkayj

Visit site
But for example Tim Price has pretty much the same amount of yellow cards 🤷‍♀️
Not a fan of him either. But pointing out the facts isn’t bullying is it, you’ve got a guy that in 2018 for example had 3 warnings for excessive whip use put on a pedestal. Anyone who speaks out against him is a bully. Like ?!

Even after those 3 in 2018 he hasn’t stopped still been given warnings after warnings. She doesn’t like “bullying” I.e pointing out facts but is happy to stir the pot and get her little crew to chase people and be down right disgusting. Woman’s a walking contradiction

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
For everyone Natalie has blocked, she hasn't blocked my phone just my tablet. The horse has a multiple resistant infection which no one antibiotic will treat and at the moment seems like no antibiotics will treat. He does appear comfortable and she is waiting to see if the infection takes hold again.

Her report of how upset he was at the hospital, so that they called her to take him home early, and his foot bled badly the next day, attributed to how unsettled he was at the hospital, was disturbing. It confirmed to me that I wouldn't have put a horse with his history through it, no matter how good the outcome she now gets is.

Bellaboo18

Visit site

You sound like someone I'd block 🤣
The Oli bashing does get a bit boring.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Apparently any nasty comments will be blocked and she doesn't condone bullying on her page....

Pot, kettle, black anyone?

She'd be so much more respectable if she just posted her guidance posts, especially as it's supposed to be her professional page - keep your private ones for the other stuff

Last edited:

PurpleSpots

Visit site
Re Oliver Townend - my shock with the vet in question was just the disparaging dismissal that anyone commenting negatively is only doing it as they have nothing better to do, and in the same sentence belittling all concerns about the state of competative dressage as being insignificant too. How can you just attempt to block out the importance of these issues that so many of us have seen/can see? Sport first, I suppose.

I mean I shouldn't have been shocked, but I was.

With regards the pain relief, I find it hard to believe anything that's written as it's often been the case that one thing is stated one day, only to be fully contradicted shortly afterwards. For example, denying all prior knowledge of the fundraiser initially, then a few days later openly admitting she knew it was being set up and being in full support of it once she knew it had had somme success!

Hannahkayj

Visit site
Re Oliver Townend - my shock with the vet in question was just the disparaging dismissal that anyone commenting negatively is only doing it as they have nothing better to do, and in the same sentence belittling all concerns about the state of competative dressage as being insignificant too. How can you just attempt to block out the importance of these issues that so many of us have seen/can see? Sport first, I suppose.

I mean I shouldn't have been shocked, but I was.

With regards the pain relief, I find it hard to believe anything that's written as it's often been the case that one thing is stated one day, only to be fully contradicted shortly afterwards. For example, denying all prior knowledge of the fundraiser initially, then a few days later openly admitting she knew it was being set up and being in full support of it once she knew it had had somme success!
Spot on. Enough to give anyone whiplash

Zoeypxo

Visit site
He may have been nerve blocked again. She's described him as having a mild foot pain despite exhausting all the normal oral and IV painkillers and resorting to nerve blocking previously, it's delusional.
He has had another CT post surgery, which she says the results are not good and she will update her page soon. Poor horse.

meleeka

Visit site

She stated the the other day he wasn’t on any pain relief, then elaborated to say he hadn’t had any since the sachet the night before, so he’d been off pain relief for approximately 12 hours 🙄

Hannahkayj

Visit site
Has anyone read the update on the horse?
In one paragraph she says he is ‘completely sound’ then in another paragraph says he is ‘definitely not sound’ …

It says there is still some infected bone deeper in which needs to be removed, they have not decided yet wether to remove or let him go
How long does this need to go on for before someone tells her to think of the horse ffs

PurpleSpots

Visit site
From the video posted earlier today, he is clearly lame in walk, especially when taking more forward steps - though of course us mere mortals wouldn't be able to see that, so it's fine to post a video of a horse lame in walk then claim the horse is 'extremely comfortable' in a post 8 hours later?

No wonder the protests of the other horses when they are struggling get ignored!!