this is just about the most arrogant piece I have read in a long time.

paddy555

Visit site
Natalie frequently posts videos of her horses acting in ways I would find quite concerning if they were mine, and if I were a vet I'd be doing some investigations, but apparently she doesn't need to.
I'm a happy hacker and very freely admit I have no experience of the horses she is talking about who she describes as highly explosive machines. There are however some of her videos with the ridden horse being a highly explosive machine once she gets on it in the school and I really do wonder if it is normal. She is adamant no one should tell her it is in pain, needs investigation etc etc, I do wonder though if she is correct.

I would find it concerning if it was one of mine but then again I don't have experience of these sort of horses so perhaps it is normal. There is a recent video of her leading a horse up to the block to mount and it messing around. I just wonder if it was simply being naughty or anticipating pain.

meleeka

Visit site
It all seems very unprofessional; I wonder what the RCVS makes of this sort of carry-on

Whilst she’s very careful to stop just short of bringing the profession into disrepute, I think her arrogance might well trip her up eventually. From what I can tell, she doesn’t have many friends in the veterinary profession, so just as well she works alone, as she would be a nightmare as part of a team.

SpeedyPony

Visit site
'If you haven't ridden GP you can't comment!'
'What about the judges who haven't ridden GP?'
'That isn't the point of this post!'

lol
And the logical conclusion of that argument is that only GP riders can say Helgstrand's stables shouldn't leave horses with bleeding mouths and welts from the whip- but I'm pretty sure most laypeople feel entitled to criticise him!

9tails

Visit site
"You don't agree wholeheartedly with my post? You want to voice a different opinion? TROLL! BULLY!"

Some dressage tests look ugly, some show jumping looks ugly. Some horses look stressed and some horses look unsound. Some dressage tests look lovely, some show jumping looks harmonious. We're not blind, we can see and have an opinion on what we've witnessed. Despite owning a happy hacker (who doesn't buck or rear, doesn't argue about going to the mounting block) even I can tell when something doesn't look right.

Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I'm another who unfollowed ages ago, and also who guessed correctly who the post was going to be by. Her comments about fat cobs and happy hackers are just dripping with derision. She's awful and churns out an endless stream of arrogant drivel. Who on earth would want her as their vet.
Possibly not that many - as it appears they have plenty of time to spend on social media?

muddybay

Visit site
I'm another who unfollowed ages ago, and also who guessed correctly who the post was going to be by. Her comments about fat cobs and happy hackers are just dripping with derision. She's awful and churns out an endless stream of arrogant drivel. Who on earth would want her as their vet.
I'm guessing she makes quite a lot of money from owners who happy hack and keep cobs too!

NinjaPony

Visit site
Well I’m going to comment that in her picture she’s used she has very fixed hands and she’s using the type of driving seat behind the movement that Slyvia Loch and classical dressage writers/riders have criticised. Is this trolling/bullying? Clearly we should all go back to our knitting as only the chosen ones get an opinion.

suestowford

Visit site
A lot of us who prefer hacking over dressage are probably put off by the way top dressage is often ridden these days. I'm often reminded of Major Holbrooke from one of the Pullein-Thompson books of my childhood. He was always telling off one the PC children about having the pony's nose pulled in at the front, and the hocks trailing out behind.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
A lot of us who prefer hacking over dressage are probably put off by the way top dressage is often ridden these days. I'm often reminded of Major Holbrooke from one of the Pullein-Thompson books of my childhood. He was always telling off one the PC children about having the pony's nose pulled in at the front, and the hocks trailing out behind.
I may have a crush on Major Holbrooke ❤️❤️❤️

(Noel and Henry series, Josephine Pullein-Thompson)

Reacher

Visit site
Possibly not that many - as it appears they have plenty of time to spend on social media?
I was thinking this, how a busy vet can have so much time to spend on FB.

I’d certainly be sacking her as my vet if she sneered at my cob.

(I seem to recall Carl Hester saying Valegro could hack around the lanes on a loose rein, I guess that makes him a hairy cob)

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I also knew who it was going to be before I clicked on the post...

I hate this 'you haven't ridden at this level' carry on. I do know what a happy, healthy horse looks like and feel equipped to comment on what is definitely not it! The same way as despite not being an Olympic level gymnast, I know when one lands on their head that it's probably not right, or that despite not being able to build an extension, a leaky roof and a wall 25mm out of plumb is also not desireable.

She's just a t0sser.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
I was thinking this, how a busy vet can have so much time to spend on FB.

I’d certainly be sacking her as my vet if she sneered at my cob.

(I seem to recall Carl Hester saying Valegro could hack around the lanes on a loose rein, I guess that makes him a hairy cob)

I have met Valegro out hacking when I was out on my (clipped not hairy!) cob - he does indeed hack on a loose rein.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
This is a 'flip side' post on the same subject. Admittedly it is discussing the Australian rider's FB post, but that was along the same lines as the vet's post. I haven't read all the comments below the post yet, but at least it hasn't descended to the same depths as the post shared by the OP..... yet!!

paddy555

Visit site
This is a 'flip side' post on the same subject. Admittedly it is discussing the Australian rider's FB post, but that was along the same lines as the vet's post. I haven't read all the comments below the post yet, but at least it hasn't descended to the same depths as the post shared by the OP..... yet!!

very good, thanks for posting :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Frankly I am unmoved by someone who expresses herself like that. It has opposite effect on me .
You don’t need to be an All black to recognise a forward pass and those who think that the rest of us who don’t dwell in dressage arenas of mount Olympus should not have an opinion are wrong.
If AS had not written Black Beauty because she had never driven a handsom cab for a living there never would been the awakening in awareness of animal welfare it caused.
However we do need to keep the debate civilised those that don’t or and who use overly emotive language don’t do the their cause any good.